Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: The Necromancers (8/8)[FULL!]  (Read 9950 times)

7thOutpost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (7/7)
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2017, 06:56:18 pm »

It doesn't matter in this case because we're not playing an actual game of D&D, but keep in mind that most of the stuff on dandwiki (like that conversion of Ethergaunts to reasonable PCs) is homebrew.

I didn't mean it as actual stats and whatnot, I just wanted the other players to be aware of what an Ethergaunt is, roughly.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancers (8/8)[FULL!]
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2017, 07:45:08 pm »

I still think a Discord might be useful.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2017, 07:52:20 pm »

Turn 1

Quote from: Dustan Hache
absentmindedly pet Freza while exploring.
You reach out to pet the cute baby dragon. Froza looks annoyed, but you ignore her, instead focusing on your surroundings. {_} You vault the thigh-high barrier separating the plaza's perimeter from the graveyard, and begin inspecting the gravestones one by one. You easily manage to make out a few names, but mostly dates and times, likely of the subject's death. More disturbing is that the larger ones seem to ramble on about what smell was on their breath; how many teeth they had; or the cadence of their final heartbeat, used as a line to compose a short, macabre poem.

Quote from: Xantalos
Head to the mausoleum and see what's there for me to utilize. That being corpses, of course. Raise any I find.
You stride across the plaza towards the mausoleum. All you find is a single coffin at the end of a narrow hallway. You push the slab aside, revealing... a button. A bright red button sitting at the bottom of an empty sarcophagus. Angered by the seeming presence of a riddle to come, you press the button.

{_} The entire quantum corpse stockpile explodes into the space, knocking you sprawling from the insane force of several hundred pounds of compressed and preserved flesh and bone slamming into your body! {_}{_} Your ribs crumple and break from the strain, caving in to puncture your lungs, coming dangerously close to your heart. You hit the stone floor hard on your back, and are nearly buried underneath the pile of bodies.

Just as the flow of corpses stops and the silence returns to the now half-filled mausoleum, you register a green wisp of light flittering in through the doorway. When it touches your body, you feel an immense jolt of energy roar through you like fire. Seconds later, nearly all the pain has gone from you, and you realize that you are fully healed!... albeit still trapped up to your neck underneath a pile of corpses.

Quote from: Mallos
Search for anything useful and an exit, in that order of priorities
Your attention is drawn first to the nearby dais, out of place among the otherwise flat stone of the circular plaza. {_} Amazingly, it is contiguous with the floor; you can't help but feel some fleeting admiration for the stonework, though it may or may not be truly natural. An array of patterns and figures is carved into the top:  the very center boasts a depression of roughly the same dimensions as a hand or clawprint, while around it are smaller, almost finger-sized indentations, clearly marked with lines leading to single-digit numbers. 1, 2, 3, and so on, all the way up to 7. An eighth indentation and accompanying number sits at the top, though upon closer inspection, you see that it is covered in a small, semi-transparent force field that forms a dome around that single carving.

Your intuition tells you that this dais may serve as some kind of key, or control console, relative to this plane.

Quote from: 7thOutpost
Head into the mausoleum, in hopes of finding whatever information of where he is.
{_} After witnessing the sudden and near-total flooding of the mausoleum with corpses, you hold back, in case more traps may be present. You spot a curious green wisp of light flittering down from somewhere high above you, and watch it fly through the door of the mausoleum. There is a bright, silent flash, and then... nothing.

Quote from: ziizo
Froza glares at the dwarf then searchs for corpses in the mausoleum.
{_} You follow the lizardman, and are just to the door he went through when a loud rush of displaced air assaults your ears, accompanied by a sickening cascade of crunches against stone. Seconds later, a ball of green light sails through the door ahead of you, but before you know it it's gone, vanishing in a flash.

Quote from: Kevak
Zakir goes exploring, food and supplies are at the forefront, corpses and gear would be nice too.
While your companions disperse to scout the mausoleum or perimeter, you pick a random direction and walk, searching for any sign of some kind of supply cache or storage site for food. The latter is unlikely, given that the only time your master ate was for pleasure, not out of any real need to do so; such was one perk of being a lich. {_} After about a minute, you finally spot something that doesn't exactly belong; a long iron stake driven into the dirt, which narrows all the way down its length, to what you can only guess is a pyramidal shape. The top is wrought with a large, grinning skull motif.

Quote from: NRDL
Nix joins Zakir in searching for supplies.
Curiosity leads you towards the skull on the stake. {_} Something about it nags at you, almost as though it could hinge open. You grip it with both hands and twist; and sure enough, the top opens up easily, and reveals a single orangish-white wax candle inside a sconce where the throat of a creature would be, and where the iron of the stake begins. The black wick of the candle looks fresh, as though it's never been lit.

Quote from: ATHATH
Pick up a gravestone or other appropriate object if I'm able to (I have 15 STR but am tiny) and stick it through the fog-barrier, then pull it back. Did the item that I stuck out there change?
{_} You skitter off to the graveyard, looking for an object of appropriate substance. After finding a suitably weighty chunk of a chipped gravestone, you maneuver carefully to the edge where the fog meets the visible ground, and use your tentacles to push the stone against it. After pulling it back, you find that the other half is disconcertingly cold to the touch, and that a spiderweb of cracks has formed. The chilled portion is now discolored; blackish, and looks almost warped in shape.

Background: {_} Froza notices a subtle humming noise from above, seemingly coming from the sphere at the top of the dimension. The humming coincides with the arrival of the strange green wisp of light. It subsides after a few seconds, and the dimension is still once again.

Quote from: Kevak
Name: Zakir Varuk
Race: Kitsune-Tsuki
Items: Unadorned black robes.
Name: Zal-hasar
Race: Lizardman
Status: In the mausoleum, buried up to his neck in corpses.
Quote from: ziizo
Name: Froza
Race: Baby blue dragon
Items: Cute little black sash and bow (neck).
Quote from: Dustan Hache
Name: Urist McNecromancer
Race: Dwarf
Status: In the graveyard, around the periphery of the demiplane.
Quote from: Mallos
Name: Victor Superbia
Race: Humanoid black dragon
Quote from: NRDL
Name: Nix
Race: Human
Status: With Kevak, around the periphery of the demiplane. Inspecting an iron stake with a skull motif.
Quote from: ATHATH
Name: Kithrax
Race: Incutilis
Status: At the very edge of the demiplane, right next to the fog barrier.
Items: Black sash (wrapped around his shell).
Quote from: 7thOutpost
Name: Naoztxr'itra
Race: Ethergaunt

GM notes: Since people keep calling for it, I'll go ahead and see about how to make a Discord server for this game. Details forthcoming.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:16:07 pm by Xvareon »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2017, 08:14:39 pm »

Enter the mausoleum and walk next to the lizardman

"If you weren't a fellow reptile I would kill you and eat your soul for power"

Animate the pile of corpses into a single being with care to not crush Zal-Hasar in the process.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 09:54:34 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2017, 08:52:47 pm »

"Mm.. Curious."

A small tuft of teal fire flickers to life within Zakir's hand.

"I'd offer to ignite it, however it is likely ideal to investigate it via Sight of Arcana first."

Zakir does just that. He Looks at it and attempts to identify if the stakeskull is arcane, and if so what does it do?

7thOutpost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2017, 09:38:43 pm »

Walks into the mausoleum, hands extended, fingers gesturing Detect Magic in the air, aware of his surroundings. He takes note of the lizardman under a pile of corpses and the dragon standing by him, but pays no regard to either, instead very carefully walking forward. The tendrils of his facial sensors extend from behind his metal mask, stretching out, as he clicks his fingers every so often to learn every nook and cranny of the environment, searching for traps and anything of value to his search.

He tries to trace the destination of the green wisp.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2017, 10:10:01 pm »

Enter the mausoleum and walk next to the lizardman

"If you weren't a fellow reptile I would kill you and eat your soul for power"

Animate the pile of corpses into a single being with care to not crush Zal-Hasar in the process.
Zal-Hasar snorts. "Your priorities are lacking."

Animate the corpses that are touching me and get them to raise me out of the pile. If necessary, contest the dragon's magic to avoid being crushed.

((What's a discord server?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2017, 10:16:00 pm »

((What's a discord server?))
It's a chat client, like Skype, but able to have multi-tiered chat rooms under the same administrator(s). In short, it's one channel with multiple chat rooms, kinda like a forums that has multiple boards. You can access it with a browser, I think, but I use the actual app/client that you can download for free.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2017, 10:48:11 pm »

Nothing here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:17:33 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2017, 10:54:53 pm »

Ah Nothing.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:17:08 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2017, 11:05:44 pm »

((I've already made a Discord server for this game, and PM'ed the permanent link to all 8 players.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2017, 11:16:58 pm »

:(
And to think, most games simply post the link.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2017, 11:47:00 pm »

:(
And to think, most games simply post the link.
((Well, yeah, but then random people who have nothing to do with the game could get in. Why would I want that? I let people in who are actually in the game, 'cause that's what the Discord channel's for to begin with.))

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2017, 11:58:47 pm »

((Why is Victor marked as a female?? I used the color violet because it's the color corresponding with the 7th deadly sin of "Superbia", not to indicate a femininity...))

"There are 8 indentations, and I have a feeling each one is assigned to us, the Apprentices."

Look for items or something more useful than this exit.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2017, 11:59:49 pm »

((Why is Victor marked as a female?? I used the color violet because it's the color corresponding with the 7th deadly sin of "Superbia", not to indicate a femininity...))
((Oh, my apologies. I'll change that to ambiguous.))
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10