Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums: Scum of the Empire (OOC thread) (Dead)  (Read 30296 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

ah crap, I forgot about Daunt.

Oh well, the enemy rolled well enough to hit anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I... edited to attack the axe guy though. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Timestamp shows that you edited after I posted. Sorry  :-\

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Shit, should've edited and then replied to Taric. XD I got your post here in OOC and your IC post's timestamps confused. Guess I'll edit it back.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Iron Pilum's marked as a 1-2 range weapon on Yara's sheet, but I'm pretty sure that the 1.3 handbook has it as a 2 range weapon only. 1-2 range probably makes it more powerful than I was expecting.

Was this a rule change, or am I missing something?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would be an error on my part. I had thought that pilums were range 1-2 weapons but didn't check the handbook properly enough.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think they probably were at some point (I read FEF2, and I think Miguel was using pilums at close range?) but were changed due to guaranteed doubles being powerful.

Or maybe I'm just imagining things. ><

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

No, I think they were, but then someone argued that pilums were only distance weapons because they are intentionally made weak so that they bend and make shields useless when they get stuck in them, or something like that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

No, I think they were, but then someone argued that pilums were only distance weapons because they are intentionally made weak so that they bend and make shields useless when they get stuck in them, or something like that.
Yep! I remember that argument--it was also discussed on one of Bay12's weapon pages, just like throwing axes and such, they are lightweight to help their purpose. Really not useful when in melee however, if anyone has felt using one themselves. Lightweight and smaller, but in the trade-off of usually being thrown, they could be carried better, stacked, and were used for non-archer troops. That bit about the shields is also a good point given it getting stuck, the added weight for imbalancing the wearer, and generally being fairly deadly for a thrower in between the range of a hunting (not a war) bow and from the reach of one's melee weapon.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:26:40 pm by Tiruin »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Pretty much. Pilums basically destroyed themselves on hit, using one as a melee weapon would be a bad idea.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Makes you wonder why the Pilum was actually a really good lance-type weapon for Create-A-Souls in Soul Calibur 3, doesn't it? :P

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Postimg won't load on phone so I can't see map v:

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

That works even worse >:v

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

now quit yer whinin'
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30