Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 36537 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: RISE AND SHINE FOR DAY 2
« Reply #225 on: August 04, 2017, 06:33:59 pm »

(Not so much inspiration as indecision in this case. Probably overthinking it, though.)

(This hasn't been updated in two months and it's like the second or possibly third time I've thought it was dead for good. So definitely overthinking it if that's legitimately stopped you from updating.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 04, 2017, 07:41:46 pm »

(("The perfect is the enemy of the good."

Some game > no game. Questionable Updates > Questionable Update Schedule.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 04, 2017, 10:59:00 pm »

(("The perfect is the enemy of the good."

Some game > no game. Questionable Updates > Questionable Update Schedule.))
((Yep, take it from me too--I had a nice game because of the players and people wanting to join; anxiety and schedule overburden got to me ;~; Just keep at it Hugo :D))

(In my experience it's better to grit your teeth and power through it - inspiration is notoriously fleeting and discipline is what you really want as a writer.)
((This too--motivation is just like taking a bath. It keeps you well and clean, and it doesn't function by itself to help you. It just is, but you can also control it \o/))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 11, 2017, 01:01:44 pm »

Awesome, Constantine is back!

Constantine notices Tarhiel and the khajiit. It would be improper to simply abandon him, so he goes over to the owner to try and help Tarhiel  out.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Is my friend here causing you trouble? I could pay for a room on his behalf, if that would help."

(If I don't have enough money, I'll try to come up with another solution.)

Never mind, I have at least 16 septims left from Nels' sword.

[5] As you are about to say this, you remember that this Khajiit wasn't the proprietor you dealt with last night. And she looks slightly too well dressed to be any other kind of employee.

Visit Ra'Virr's shop and make his acquaintance as Flavius Silicius! See if maybe he would like to procure some of this legion equipment or potentially know someone who would, nudge nudge wink wink.

You enter a relatively small storefront, an L-shaped room with a staircase presumably leading up to a residence. The eponymous Khajiit proprietor greets you at the door. "Welcome to Ra'Virr's humble store. Perhaps you have heard of his famous daedric weapons?"
[6] As soon as you shake hands and look each other in the eye, you know each other to be two of a a kind. This is a cat who won't ask too many questions, preferring plausible deniability and profit, and can probably guess the answers well enough anyways. You might even be able to offload your skooma here.

[4] "Spare legion gear, you say? Ra'virr would be interested, yes. Very good resale value. Many Legionaries and Fighters' Guildsmen around here. If you bring the goods here, Ra'virr would give you a good price."

"Ah, yes! Thank you for your assistance! My name is Bobs-In-Well, what is yours?"

Introduce myself to the helpful elf, then go and see the guild steward.

"Estirdalin, pleased to officially meet you," she says. Following her directions, you head up to ground level and find, sure enough, an office tucked away past the staircase to the guildhall's second floor. A Dunmeri woman in an expensive blue robe looks up from her desk as you enter. "Ah, yes. The mysterious drifter. I hope you are feeling better. I'd like an explanation of what happened before you came through our doors last night, if you please."

Tyri was having quite a nice sleep, with the feelings of soft bread making the improvised beddings very comfy--until she realized the softness was Eetz' tail, and she was very close to grabbing it in her semi-daydream.

Until she realized she was still dreaming, because Eetz didn't have as big and probably as soft a tail. She was dreaming because there were spiders in the room too! This was impossible.
Take a tiny bit more sleep, then wake up and feel refreshed for the day.

Recall what Caius said to us yesterday, too!

[2] It was pretty late, but you remember that Caius said he'd have a job for you and the others today.

(Woops, didn't notice it had updated.)

Eat some of the jerky
((Gah, I saw it updated and thought I'd get to it later.))

Eetz shared the Scrib jerky with Bosmer and began experimenting with the Skooma pipe. Was it full? Was there an easy way to light it? Could you twist the stem off to reveal a hidden key or a poisoned blade?

Eetz's mind whirled with the possibilities of the simple item, fondling it thoroughly in his attempt to unlock its secrets.

Eat Jerky, investigate/use/maybe break Caius' Skooma pipe.

[5] You expertly examine the pipe. To your disappointment, you find it is neither full nor has any hidden features. It's just... a rather good pipe.

As you and the others breakfast and mess with his personal belongings, Caius enters the flat. "Ah good, I see you are all awake. Are you ready to hear today's assignment?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 11, 2017, 01:05:53 pm »

"Famous Daedric weapons? Tell me more!"

Deal with my new friend Ra'Virr, and try to get a good price on all this fun stuff we've stolen from the smugglers. Inquire about (and negotiate, obviously) the price on the Daedric weapons as well.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 11, 2017, 02:09:17 pm »

"Yes, Taahni is ready for her assignment."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 11, 2017, 03:06:56 pm »

Whoops, I thought I changed that.

"Excuse me ma'm, is there a problem with Mr.Tarhiel?"
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 11, 2017, 06:53:42 pm »

[2] It was pretty late, but you remember that Caius said he'd have a job for you and the others today.
((I've the best memory, EVER \o/ . . . I wonder what a 1 or 6 would do.))

[6] As soon as you shake hands and look each other in the eye, you know each other to be two of a a kind. This is a cat who won't ask too many questions, preferring plausible deniability and profit, and can probably guess the answers well enough anyways. You might even be able to offload your skooma here.
((Whenever I see HB's characters going well with others, it makes me feel better :> I've no idea why. Maybe I look up to him too))

As you and the others breakfast and mess with his personal belongings, Caius enters the flat. "Ah good, I see you are all awake. Are you ready to hear today's assignment?"
Caius is pretty cool to discover us messing with his stuff, casually.

At least, that's what Tyri thought in her sleepy brain.
"I'm ready too. I bet Eetz is, also. Is it more deliveries?"

BE ready!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 11, 2017, 07:19:50 pm »

"Oh, ready? Perhaps, yes. I would very much like to try this very fine skooma pipe though. Do you have skooma to borrow?"

Eetz also took the opportunity to thump the bosmer on the head for leaning on the fourth wall, that was his job. "No, bad girl. As far as you know my name is If-You-Know-What-I-Mean, if you know what I mean."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 11, 2017, 10:55:38 pm »

Tyri was bopped, and she felt ouch, moreso because of noticing a split second thereafter that it must've been something she said.

"Sor-sorry, I shouldn't have said 'it', also I'm a bit sleepy so I might've pronounced it wrong. I just realize I didn't get your name a ways back."

She did, however, remember that both herself and the other Argonian introduced themselves, through the light pain of shame.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2017, 10:20:51 pm »

Bobs' eyes drifted slightly apart. What had happened last night, exactly?

"A misunderstanding!" he finally declared cheerfully. "I was attempting to offer some locals a drink, and the bottle shards ended up lacerating my hand and getting raw liquor in my blood. I hear that's a bad thing?

It all worked out, though, because I was on my way here to join the guild anyway! You have some very friendly elves in this place."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2017, 02:32:03 am »

Caius looks at his house guests. "I actually have two points of business for you, so first things first." He tosses a coinpurse to each of you in turn. "You're all new here. And you look it. There's 200 drakes in each of those. Get something to keep yourself alive. And start working on a cover identity. Now," he pauses, and comes in to stand next to the shelf.

"For your other task, I'll need you to gather some information for me. Go see Hasphat Antabolis at the Fighters' Guild here in town, and Sharn gra-Muzgob at the Mages' Guild. Ask them what they know about the Nerevarine secret cult and the Sixth House secret cult. They'll probably want a favor in exchange. But do it. Though make sure you're prepared before you go on any errands for them. Questions?"

"Famous Daedric weapons? Tell me more!"

Deal with my new friend Ra'Virr, and try to get a good price on all this fun stuff we've stolen from the smugglers. Inquire about (and negotiate, obviously) the price on the Daedric weapons as well.

You return to the docks, and with Baadargo's and Fargoth's help have your two barrels of loot back at Ra'virr's in about half an hour. He welcomes you back and you resume your dealing.

The Khajiit takes you over to a rack and presents what look like steel weapons, spears and various akaviri-style curved blades. You notice a faint blue sheen on them. "Of course, Ra'virr would not try to tell you these are actually Daedric weapons. But they are next best thing. When you wish it, they will be as sharp as fine Daedric and as light as a netch air sac. The magic lasts a short time, but long enough to punch through the toughest armor. Ra'Virr buys them direct from the Telvanni." [3] As you inspect the individual weapons, Ra'virr explains further. "These are quality magical weapons, but Ra'virr offers a very reasonable price. 300 for any of these Demon weapons. Ra'virr also deals in a stronger grade of this enchantment, but for things as fine as Fiend weapons, he can afford no lower than 9000."

Next, Ra'virr appraises your goods as you negotiate with him. [3] Unsurprisingly, the cheap potions and random clothes aren't worth a whole lot altogether. He says he can offer only 81 gold for that whole barrel. [5] He's rather impressed with the haul of legion gear. "Very nice. Easily 700 septims."

At the end of looking through your offerings, Ra'virr turns to you. "However, Ra'virr does not have the drakes on hand to purchase all of this at once. He could buy one of your barrels now, and after his next shipment pay for the more valuable one. This will be no problem if Ra'virr's friend will be in town for a few days." He casts his gaze to the back of the shop. "Of course, if you are in a hurry, perhaps you would like something of Ra'virr's in exchange to make up the difference?"

Bobs' eyes drifted slightly apart. What had happened last night, exactly?

"A misunderstanding!" he finally declared cheerfully. "I was attempting to offer some locals a drink, and the bottle shards ended up lacerating my hand and getting raw liquor in my blood. I hear that's a bad thing?

It all worked out, though, because I was on my way here to join the guild anyway! You have some very friendly elves in this place."

"...yes. Well, that is consistent with the wounds you had at least. I suppose I can offer you a chance to make a better first impression. So. You wish to join? Very well. Read the charter and sign your agreement."

Whoops, I thought I changed that.

"Excuse me ma'm, is there a problem with Mr.Tarhiel?"
[5] Ahnassi hurriedly sets down the bosmer wizard. "No, no... Ahnassi was just seeing if he was..." She looks you up and down. "Ahnassi does not think she has seen you around here before."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2017, 05:41:16 am »

"Just two questions from me, okay three," Tyrian said, "First one or two, is how much food and some equipment would be, for reasons to blend in (or do we look okay with what we've got now?), and the third one is if there's anything those people have against those secret cult ideas. Like, what kinds of favors? If it involves money?

"I'll be heading to the Fighters' Guild on that note, anything about magic is something I do not know."

Inquiry before adventure!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2017, 10:01:33 am »

"Very fine weapons indeed, sir," Marcius says as he goes to a particular piece, a dagger in the Akaviri style with that telltale magical sheen. With Ra'Virr's permission he picks it up and looks it over.

"Tell you what, I'll take this... demon tanto, you said it was? Yes, I'll take this, and also that chitin spear over yonder, that iron club gathering dust in the corner, and those two shortswords, iron and chitin, from the sharp things collection, and on top of that, let's say, 500 septims and a toast to a mutually beneficial relationship and assuredly many shared acquisitions in the future?"

Marcius puts on his most charming smile as he avoids commenting on the quality of the merchandise.

Trade in the barrel and other odds and ends for a Chitin Shortsword, Chitin Spear, Iron Shortsword and Iron Club as well as a Demon Tanto in addition to 500 septims as an initial offer.

If he tries to fleece me and give me less than 400 septims (which I'd be satisfied with on a notional level) on top of the loot, however, that's definitely a case for using the Voice of the Emperor to smooth things over.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:08:32 am by Harry Baldman »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2017, 11:31:17 am »

smooth moves

"You are correct, ma'am. My name is Constantine Mentorus. I only just arrived, due to a forced detour on my way to Balmora. I must be on my way now, if Tarhiel is alright."

Politely depart and resume hiking to Balmora.

OOC:Would it be possible for me to eventually import a set of Cyrodiil's Legion armor?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:44:40 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18