Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Balmora: Is that the Main Quest calling?  (Read 36619 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Morrowind (6/4) - Seyda Neen and Balmora
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »

((My apologies, I missed that D:))

Taahni does not know why we should hide the fact we shared information of our packages with each other. We can deliver our packages at the same time, there is nothing in the instructions I was given saying that it was not allowed, and Taahni thinks hiding our mutual knowledge would be worse than admitting it immediately.

Walk with Tyrian to Caius Cosades house, don't enter yet.
Wait alertly.
"...Good point. Let's knock on the door together then? Or while waiting perhaps. Or me telling a story to break the ice of my life. You starting with a story about your lif-"

"HI! I have NO intention of murdering EITHER of you!"
"YOUR LIFE IS GOOD TOO!"
Tyri clasped her hands on her mouth as she was startled by a VERY NICELY SNEAKY ARGONIAN, and hoped nobody heard the misunderstanding inside. She did NOT WANT to be a victim of IMPERIAL JUSTICE once more.

"hi nice to meet you haven't we met before call me Tyri."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2017, 05:38:38 pm »

Taahni is startled at the sudden appearance of the Argonian, before regaining her composure and simply saying: "Taahni does not remember hearing your name. Perhaps you could tell me that and your business here?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2017, 06:42:41 pm »

Advise Fargoth not to go to Arrille's this evening - instead he ought to meet me over by the lighthouse. I'm looking into something in relation to the town guard, I'll inform the fellow, and I'm pretty sure something's going to be up as night falls. I'll have more information when I meet him!

If he goes for it, excellent! And if not, I guess that's all right as well. In either case I'll spend the rest of the time checking out the lighthouse and seeing who lives there in preparation for the evening's fireworks.

[4] "Well, uh, okay. Guess I'll bring something for the Thavere."

It seems the lighthouse keeper, Thavere Vedrano, is rather distraught over the death of her husband, the local tax collector. That straight-laced Imperial fellow apparently brought his body into town earlier today while you were in the cave. She had been holding out hope that he'd return alive, but as you heard this morning, everyone else suspected he was dead already. Without him, she's left here all alone.

Taahni does not know why we should hide the fact we shared information of our packages with each other. We can deliver our packages at the same time, there is nothing in the instructions I was given saying that it was not allowed, and Taahni thinks hiding our mutual knowledge would be worse than admitting it immediately.

Walk with Tyrian to Caius Cosades house, don't enter yet.
Wait alertly.
"...Good point. Let's knock on the door together then? Or while waiting perhaps. Or me telling a story to break the ice of my life. You starting with a story about your lif-"

"HI! I have NO intention of murdering EITHER of you!"
"YOUR LIFE IS GOOD TOO!"
Tyri clasped her hands on her mouth as she was startled by a VERY NICELY SNEAKY ARGONIAN, and hoped nobody heard the misunderstanding inside. She did NOT WANT to be a victim of IMPERIAL JUSTICE once more.

"hi nice to meet you haven't we met before call me Tyri."

[1] The door in front of you swings open. Before you stands an Imperial, lined in the face and a halo of white hair ringing his bald head. As he wears only a pair of shabby trousers, you can see he's absolutely ripped. "Who the hell are you?"
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2017, 07:31:55 pm »

[1] The door in front of you swings open. Before you stands an Imperial, lined in the face and a halo of white hair ringing his bald head. As he wears only a pair of shabby trousers, you can see he's absolutely ripped. "Who the hell are you?"
Eetz grinned widely. This was perfect! He could introduce himself to three people at once and save the trouble of doing it individually!

"I am the argonian If-You-Know-What-I-Mean, I have traveled far across this land in search of a man to deliver my bulging package to!"

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2017, 11:11:31 pm »

"I am the argonian If-You-Know-What-I-Mean, I have traveled far across this land in search of a man to deliver my bulging package to!"
((Amazing smut writer confirmed.))

"I'm not lost!" Bobs replied cheerfully, "I'm on my way to a place of learning and soft beds!"

Something between diplomacy and politely asking to be beaten in an alley by three bored thugs.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2017, 11:16:22 pm »

Express my deepest condolences to the widow and hang around the lighthouse for now until the hour that shit goes down.

When that hour comes, meet with Fargoth outside.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2017, 11:35:35 pm »

"Taahni and her Bosmer friend are looking for a person here, a Caius Cosades?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2017, 06:36:50 am »

From this tall person's perspective, Tyri is staring at his ripped musculature. In reality, she was busy still calming down from SNEAKY ARGONIAN ATTACKS.

"He's with us, by the way. Hello, nice to meet your acquaintance, sorry for disturbing. I scare easily," she said, having a higher pitched tone in her voice.

((I can't believe we all have that package.))

Uhh, triple action from the three of us! Engage in discourse!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2017, 10:49:31 am »

(The PCs should all recognize each other's faces from the prison ship, unless they're the kind of people to forget such things after a short while.)

"I'm not lost!" Bobs replied cheerfully, "I'm on my way to a place of learning and soft beds!"

Something between diplomacy and politely asking to be beaten in an alley by three bored thugs.

[1] "You hear that, Drin? A place of learning? I didn't know they needed schooling to follower their master's orders."

"Well, maybe we can provide a lesson or two. Free of charge." This one draws a club that looks like it's made from the mandible of an insect.

"Now, now. Let's not be uncharitable. Soft beds, it said. But I'm sure it would be more comfortable up a tree. Let's help him find one."

The three of them advance slowly towards you.

From this tall person's perspective, Tyri is staring at his ripped musculature. In reality, she was busy still calming down from SNEAKY ARGONIAN ATTACKS.

"He's with us, by the way. Hello, nice to meet your acquaintance, sorry for disturbing. I scare easily," she said, having a higher pitched tone in her voice.

Uhh, triple action from the three of us! Engage in discourse!
"Taahni and her Bosmer friend are looking for a person here, a Caius Cosades?"
Eetz grinned widely. This was perfect! He could introduce himself to three people at once and save the trouble of doing it individually!

The old man steps backwards into his house, then draws his hands apart. Purple-grey sparks swirl between them and suddenly the three of you are yanked inside, the door pulling shut behind you. "Who sent you? Why are you here? Speak quickly and keep your voices down."

Express my deepest condolences to the widow and hang around the lighthouse for now until the hour that shit goes down.

When that hour comes, meet with Fargoth outside.

[4] The lighthouse keeper calls you kind and goes on at length about her late husband. She offers you some mudcrab stew, but before you can answer there is a knock on the door. Thavere answers it to find Fargoth standing there with a bottle of flin. "My condolences," he says, offering it forth.

"He... he always liked Flin..." she starts whimpering as she accepts the bottle, then goes over to hide in the corner and bawl. Fargoth seems kind of uncomfortable at this display but looks to you as if to ask well what is it?.

I finished Prequel. That's a great comic.

(Yes, yes it is)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 11:13:11 am by HugoLuman »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2017, 12:06:19 pm »

Lead Fargoth outside and speak with him discreetly. The intent was to time it right before the smugglers would get into a... situation with the guards by the tradehouse. Presumably the guardsman presence has been increased as well, right?

"I've got some bad news for you. I was in the tradehouse and I overheard one of them, Hrisskar I believe they called him. It took me a bit to piece together what they were talking about, but they're gonna step up the shakedowns, and I think they're gonna start with you. They've decided you're holding out on them, mentioned you by name. So they think you've got a stash of some kind where you've been putting your gold."

Marcius gets a grave look on his face and puts his hand on the elf's shoulder.

"Fargoth, they're gonna pin a smuggling charge on you. And they're gonna take you for everything you're worth. You have to get out of Seyda Neen as soon as possible for your own safety. And if you have savings, anything you managed to save from these goons, we'll have to get that too. Can't leave anything for them to find."

Deceive this probably completely innocent individual. If it works:

"Okay, so we'll need to split up. I don't think the town's safe for you to be in for much longer. You'll have to get whatever you need for a trip. But you have to be careful - if they catch you carrying anything valuable, they'll confiscate it if they catch you. Then they can take it via civil forfeiture, so it's legally theirs."

"But they won't be looking for me, so I can slip out unnoticed, or at least without being stopped. You get out as soon as possible in the meantime - we'll meet up at this cave outside of town," Marcius says and gives the directions to Addamasartus. "I'll be there as soon as I can - I'll probably get there before you, so once you're there go in and call for me, I'll find you and we'll go from there."

"Good luck, and if they manage to get you, remember - don't tell them shit. They won't be able to beat the location of the stash out of you once I've moved it, and you're in the clear otherwise - persevere and they'll have to let you go eventually. If that happens, find me in Suran. I'll be near the harbor, I've got a friend there with a silt strider that can take us anywhere in Vvardenfell."

Hopefully I can get my hands on the stash, and whether a suspiciously quickly moving Fargoth is caught by the increased guard presence or not, the plan will go on!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 12:32:31 pm by Harry Baldman »

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2017, 12:32:31 pm »

Taahni catches her breath and says calmly "Glabrio Bellienus, secretary to the Sovereign Emperor Uriel Septim, sent Taahni on orders to deliver a package to Caius Cosades. Taahni is to show the package and directions to no one. Taahni guessed that her friend Tyrian was sent on similar orders, and has traveled here with Tyri to find Caius Cosades. The Argonian followed us here, Taahni remembers him being given a package as well. Does Caius Cosades live here?"

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2017, 01:12:16 pm »

Taahni catches her breath and says calmly "Glabrio Bellienus, secretary to the Sovereign Emperor Uriel Septim, sent Taahni on orders to deliver a package to Caius Cosades. Taahni is to show the package and directions to no one. Taahni guessed that her friend Tyrian was sent on similar orders, and has traveled here with Tyri to find Caius Cosades. The Argonian followed us here, Taahni remembers him being given a package as well. Does Caius Cosades live here?"

The man pats you down like a trained bodyguard until he finds the letter, and removes it. After glancing it over, he says "Interesting. I am Caius Cosades. I'm going to need your packages now." He looks sternly at the Argonian. "And don't even think about it."

Lead Fargoth outside and speak with him discreetly. The intent was to time it right before the smugglers would get into a... situation with the guards by the tradehouse. Presumably the guardsman presence has been increased as well, right?

"I've got some bad news for you. I was in the tradehouse and I overheard one of them, Hrisskar I believe they called him. It took me a bit to piece together what they were talking about, but they're gonna step up the shakedowns, and I think they're gonna start with you. They've decided you're holding out on them, mentioned you by name. So they think you've got a stash of some kind where you've been putting your gold."

Marcius gets a grave look on his face and puts his hand on the elf's shoulder.

"Fargoth, they're gonna pin a smuggling charge on you. And they're gonna take you for everything you're worth. You have to get out of Seyda Neen as soon as possible for your own safety. And if you have savings, anything you managed to save from these goons, we'll have to get that too. Can't leave anything for them to find."

Deceive this probably completely innocent individual. If it works:

"Okay, so we'll need to split up. I don't think the town's safe for you to be in for much longer. You'll have to get whatever you need for a trip. But you have to be careful - if they catch you carrying anything valuable, they'll confiscate it if they catch you. Then they can take it via civil forfeiture, so it's legally theirs."

"But they won't be looking for me, so I can slip out unnoticed, or at least without being stopped. You get out as soon as possible in the meantime - we'll meet up at this cave outside of town," Marcius says and gives the directions to Addamasartus. "I'll be there as soon as I can - I'll probably get there before you, so once you're there go in and call for me, I'll find you and we'll go from there."

"Good luck, and if they manage to get you, remember - don't tell them shit. They won't be able to beat the location of the stash out of you once I've moved it, and you're in the clear otherwise - persevere and they'll have to let you go eventually. If that happens, find me in Suran. I'll be near the harbor, I've got a friend there with a silt strider that can take us anywhere in Vvardenfell."

Hopefully I can get my hands on the stash, and whether a suspiciously quickly moving Fargoth is caught by the increased guard presence or not, the plan will go on!

[4] Fargoth's eyes go wide with shock. "I knew it! This is terrible. I-I... well, thank you stranger." He leads you over to a nearby pond and points towards a rotted old stump. "Everything's in there. I-I'll meet you there!" With that, he takes off, moving to get around the outward side of the tradehouse and avoid any lurking guards. The night is quickly deepening. With the skies overcast, they could be waiting anywhere as long as they didn't light their torches...

[1] As you begin digging through the stump by light of the glowing pond flowers, you hear four footsteps approach, two in heavy armor "Well, I'll be damned!" says Hrisskar. "So it was here the whole time. Good work. Now, about these associates of yours?"

"This is a bit too out in the open," says the voice of Melar. "And these two aren't playing to the script you described. You better know what you're doing."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2017, 01:17:04 pm »

Get my package out and give it to Caius.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2017, 01:58:59 pm »

Marcius looks up, quite surprised that someone could screw up this badly. But of course, that just requires an adjustment of expectations.

"Hold up a second," he indicates at Melar.

"Come here," he says to Hrisskar and takes him off to the side, out of immediate earshot and whispers to him urgently. "Play along, I'm setting them up for a fall here - you pick them up and you get to be man of the hour, model Imperial citizen of the year. They're setting up a shipment of sugar out in the glades and they think you're in on it. You'll get paid a lot more than you'll find in there if you play along. But be on your guard around those two - if they lose their nerve, you know what to do. I'll hold on to Fargoth's stuff for now, they think it's their payment. Now talk back to me in a whisper for a moment, then go off for a moment so I can talk to them and assuage their suspicions."

I assume Fargoth's worldly wealth is in relatively small denominations, considering he's literally a commoner. That should make for a big-looking bag or mysterious chest of loot as I get it out.

Marcius then, provided Hrisskar complies, confers with Melar in relative secrecy.

"There's a problem. Seems like our friends want to renegotiate their cut. It looks like they're not going to be friends for very long. Take them out to the glades and make sure they don't make any more noise. You'll be well-compensated for your time. I'll get the money over to the hideout and deliver it to your associate, and we'll regroup there after you're done. I'll have to get in touch with some people vis a vis the rest of the sugar."

Cover the bases and hopefully plug at least half the leaks (we'll see which half, I suppose). If I manage to get free of these four, it's off to Addamasartus first thing. Gotta see what's happened in there. Keep an eye out for whether Fargoth got captured or not.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 02:15:25 pm by Harry Baldman »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2017, 04:58:08 pm »

The realization that he was in trouble dawned slowly on Bobs-In-Well, like a rosy dawn that never got around to displaying an actual sun. His tongue stuck out and his eyes wandered apart in thought, making him look even more like a punching bag than he already was.

Just as they were upon him, he struck.

"Let's be friends!" he shouted abruptly, thrusting up the jug of sujamma he'd won from that legionnaire.

Alcohol-based diplomacy! If that fails just whollop them repeatedly with the jug, healing myself as necessary.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18