Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 386215 times)

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #4440 on: September 08, 2017, 12:54:30 pm »

I thought we chose bonuses appropriate to the terrain in the first place?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: September 08, 2017, 03:25:33 pm »

Why not just apply the metal bonus to the Honest Strike Revision.  Same exact thing, cheaper metal used + mountain bonus.  Everything gets Honest Strike.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: September 08, 2017, 03:51:10 pm »

Meh, I'll vote for bigger, more accurate bombs. It'd be nice to get some aiming magic into it, we did go to all that effort to get the stuff, but it should be enough to get at least some use out of our design.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: September 08, 2017, 03:57:16 pm »

None of their stuff is meaningfully armored and our bombs are better then theirs already.  We need to hit things, not hit them harder.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: September 08, 2017, 04:00:14 pm »

but bigger explosions and less drift... I am not crazy about it, but it should increase hit odds and be more difficult to just blow away from the target.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: September 08, 2017, 04:14:08 pm »

The problem is that most of the fighting will be done in our city. Right now the Firestorm's margin of error is "a city" for accuracy. Meaning that no matter how big the bombs we drop are, they'll do more damage to us than to them when used in the city. Which will be a very significant scenario for the Firestorm.

Accurate bomblets are better than friendly fire big-bombs, I'd say. I would like bigger bombs, I just think that the Starshell is a better choice than accurate big bombs.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: September 08, 2017, 06:15:27 pm »

But the starshell is not a bomb? It sounded like an artillery shell to me, one with no interest in improving accuracy at that. More like a rocket to be honest. Am I missing something? My blasteyes are an actual attempt to get smartbombs if we want smartbombs...
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: September 08, 2017, 06:45:18 pm »

Oh, no, you're correct. The Starshell is an upgraded version of the Blastshell - an artillery shell largely for the HA1.

I meant that I think that regarding the next revision, choosing the Starshell is a better idea to me versus doing big bombs. Largely because it bypasses the range penalty (and maybe even then some), making our artillery useful again. And having superior artillery has consistently been the win/lose factor since artillery became a thing.

EDIT:
Revision: Blastgem M.2

The M.2 is a simple upgrade to the Blastgem.

This time, we've included a simple "mind" activation trigger on the gem. A person holding it in their hands simply wills it to activate. This is based off of the mage-circuit interaction, but is so low-power mundanes can do it too. Simply prime the timer, then throw it, and watch as your Moskurger foes explode!

Revision: Reactive KPD

The Reactive KPD is a modification to the KPD's logic circuitry, increasing its versatility in high-weather conditions. By programming its circuits to respond more intelligently to common Moskurger-caused weather conditions, we can greatly increase its reliability and versatility in air.

For example, in scenarios that'd normally capsize a Valkyrie/Lightning, the RKPD would instead compensate, keeping the craft upright. In other scenarios, where wind would blow the craft off course or make taking off/landing difficult, the RKPD can and will compensate to keep the craft on course. This can make quick landing/taking off for our Valkyries much more effective, as well as greatly facilitating sorties from aircraft and allowing for mid-air formations of Lightnings.

This is meant to draw on our existing experience regarding circuitry. Which should be quite extensive, of course.
TL;DR: Make the KPD's circuitry more, well, reactive. Make it automatically compensate for instability caused by weather and the like. Capsizings should be less frequent, landings/take-offs should be much quicker and easier for both the Valkyrie (combat landings/take-offs!) and Lightning, flying in formation should be possible, and sorties should be much more effective.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:26:30 am by Chiefwaffles »
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: September 09, 2017, 12:10:51 pm »

Can I get a vote box, please.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: September 09, 2017, 12:15:30 pm »

I also think rocketshells would be a better name, but my vote doesn't hinge on it.

Quote from: Votes
REVISION 1
3 - Blastshell M.2: Chiefwaffles, Andrea, (FallacyofUrist: Conditional on name change to Rocketshells), Kadzar

votebox from a few pages ago. All this discussion is on the second revision, but I believe we are doing them one at a time?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: September 09, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »

REVISION 1
3 - Blastshell M.2: Chiefwaffles, Andrea, (FallacyofUrist: Conditional on name change to Rocketshells), Kadzar
1 - Trust Fall Targeting System VoidSlayer

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: September 09, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »

REVISION 1
2 - Trust Fall Targeting System VoidSlayer, RAM

Meh, could work, and my thing puts the aim on the bomb, which is super-nice for missile progress, but kind of ambitious...
Read the First Post!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: September 09, 2017, 05:06:17 pm »

REVISION 1
3 - Trust Fall Targeting System VoidSlayer, RAM, helmacon

Meh, could work, and my thing puts the aim on the bomb, which is super-nice for missile progress, but kind of ambitious...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: September 09, 2017, 05:07:49 pm »

REVISION 1
4 - Starshell: Chiefwaffles, Andrea, FallacyofUrist, Kadzar
Given Fallacy was the one who suggested "Starshell", I'm going to assume his conditional is satisfied.

I would also like to point out that Trust Fall would still be Very Expensive.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 05:09:52 pm by Chiefwaffles »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: September 09, 2017, 05:09:01 pm »

REVISION 1
4 - Blastshell M.2: Chiefwaffles, Andrea, (FallacyofUrist: Conditional on name change to Rocketshells), Kadzar, Andres

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 301