Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 387206 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #750 on: April 24, 2017, 02:10:07 am »

The current steam engine design is nothing more than a proof of concept. To get anything out of the technology we need a proper Design to make an engine with a dedicated purpose.

Make the Fireball spell cheaper. The spell is effective on land and sea, we're very likely to succeed thanks to our earlier efforts, and fire magic is the basis of our offensive spellwork, so getting more experience in the field will be beneficial. In particular, I'm thinking we can invent explosive shot artillery a few hundred years early using fireballs rather than exploding shells.

Low Power Steam: Tyrant, Stabby
Cheaper Fireball: Andres

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 24, 2017, 02:31:21 am »

Maybe we should revise

Metal caltrops They dispelled our crystal ones, but we have metal. Lets start breaking their charges again.

Low Power Steam: Tyrant, Stabby, Robson

I am not sure I iwll vote on it... I would like to focus on steam but I am not sure I like this revision.

Revised steam engineThis scaled down engine employs out experience in ball bearings from the armor to improve the joints between the containers. Since it is smaller and risk of explosion is also smaller, experiments are done to reduce the weight to the minimum safe amount, rather than the current oversized mess. And add a real safety valve! If you have time, try to improve the nozzles for better thrust, so as to increase the power of the design.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:40:08 am by andrea »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 24, 2017, 02:33:57 am »

] I am not sure I iwll vote on it... I would like to focus on steam but I am not sure I like this revision.

That's how I feel as well. Steam is the way to go, but what the revision should be is a hard choice.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 24, 2017, 02:41:42 am »

Make the Fireball spell cheaper. The spell is effective on land and sea, we're very likely to succeed thanks to our earlier efforts, and fire magic is the basis of our offensive spellwork, so getting more experience in the field will be beneficial. In particular, I'm thinking we can invent explosive shot artillery a few hundred years early using fireballs rather than exploding shells.

Our Fireballs are already at the lowest cost level.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 24, 2017, 02:42:37 am »

He means the bigger fireball, not the streamlined one.

Problem is, the side effect seems a very bad thing to have on a wooden ship.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 24, 2017, 02:44:34 am »

The Weaker small fireball is the result of making the big one cheaper.Seems kind of rddundant to do that again.

Cheaper Frost Tower : 10ebbor10

Making the frost tower chesper woukd allow us to pressure the Moskurgians in the plains and desert. They can't hold us in the Jungle even with most of their forces and their wizard, so with extra frost we could possibly invade the plains snd desert as well.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:47:59 am by 10ebbor10 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 24, 2017, 02:47:51 am »

maybe you could propose the hail tower again? I would vote for that.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 24, 2017, 02:48:35 am »

Hail tower will fail. Moskurg's weather control is too good, we will not break it with a single revision.

In the last fight, all the rain andsnow landed on our forces. Turning it inti hail will only make it worse.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 24, 2017, 02:52:34 am »

I'll vote for cheaper tower I guess. I don't like the steam revision of "just make it smaller and hope we learn". I want to see actual improvement.

Cheaper Frost Tower : 10ebbor10, Andrea

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 24, 2017, 03:40:09 am »

3 Low Power Steam: Tyrant, Stabby, Robson
1 Cheaper Fireball: Andres
2 Cheaper Frost Tower : 10ebbor10, Andrea
1 Metal Caltrops: RAM
I feel disgusting doing this, it feels like a betrayal of crystal magic that could still work, but it would help...

Also, I am reiterating my request to find out if crystals are stable in an antimagic field.
Order: enemy counter-magic evaluation
Elite team of skirmishers attack a staff-wielding mage while equipped with both broadswords and crystal axes with a large supply of antimagic along with the crystal axes, but some crystal axes not protected by antimagic. We really need to see if we already have a counter for this thing. Don't forget that they have already moved into cancelling our fireballs, this is not just the crystals that we are protecting. It is a battlefield, if they wanted to capture our charms then they would be able to do so regardless... It is entirely possible that many of our forces could be using crystal weapons right now, no changes, just, "if you have a charm, you get weapon upgrades"...

Alternatively:
Order: crystal weapons are issued to people with antimagic charms
This would mark out our antimagic people but, ehh, we need this information.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 24, 2017, 04:18:47 am »

I wrote a little something to try to win a revision credit.
Check it out, give opinions so that it can be improved and our victory assured.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 04:27:50 am by andrea »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 24, 2017, 05:37:42 am »

Also, I am reiterating my request to find out if crystals are stable in an antimagic field.
Order: enemy counter-magic evaluation
Elite team of skirmishers attack a staff-wielding mage while equipped with both broadswords and crystal axes with a large supply of antimagic along with the crystal axes, but some crystal axes not protected by antimagic. We really need to see if we already have a counter for this thing. Don't forget that they have already moved into cancelling our fireballs, this is not just the crystals that we are protecting. It is a battlefield, if they wanted to capture our charms then they would be able to do so regardless... It is entirely possible that many of our forces could be using crystal weapons right now, no changes, just, "if you have a charm, you get weapon upgrades"...

Alternatively:
Order: crystal weapons are issued to people with antimagic charms
This would mark out our antimagic people but, ehh, we need this information.

-1 to both

Both seem like excellent ways to get elite troops killed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 24, 2017, 07:29:43 am »

The Weaker small fireball is the result of making the big one cheaper.Seems kind of rddundant to do that again.
GM said we can make the actual fireball cheaper without making it less powerful by using a Revision.

Don't forget that they have already moved into cancelling our fireballs, this is not just the crystals that we are protecting.
Where did it say this?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 24, 2017, 07:39:14 am »

I propose that we then make the weak fireball stronger, rather than the strong fireball cheaper.

The weak fireball is cheap and has no flaws, unlike the strong fireball which is very expensive and sets the floor on fire.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 24, 2017, 07:46:02 am »

4 Low Power Steam: Tyrant, Stabby, Robson, Azzuro
1 Cheaper Fireball: Andres
2 Cheaper Frost Tower : 10ebbor10, Andrea
1 Metal Caltrops: RAM

It was mentioned in the update that the ivory-staff wielding enemy mages can cancel out not only crystal weapons, but also prevent casting of fireballs if they get close enough. The info is spread in two paragraphs.

Anyway, new Order: Rededicate our Anti-Wizard Guards into Wizard-Hunting Squads. Now that we have Anti-Magic Charms, our mages and commanders no longer need to fear enemy mindreading, rendering their anti-wizard guards obsolete. The elite guards, however, are reorganised into small squads and attached to every attack we plan as much as possible, tasked to seek out and kill enemy mages wielding the ivory staves.

Also, I wrote a short piece for the Revision Credit earlier, as did RAM. I guess the GM can just take the best one.

United Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 301