Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 386111 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #4470 on: September 10, 2017, 02:47:21 am »

I am repeating the votebox because the categories are important so that people can vote for "These things are all very similar and I want something of this nature." which, ito people who know anything about how voting actually works, is a very useful thing to have. It is also important to have all of the option listed, because just because the author no longer supports them doesn't mean that other people do not want to support them. And there have been so many suggestions that it is important to have a reference sheet for all of them for those people who may have missed them and do not want to go through the whole conversation looking for proposal posts in order to know what the established options are. The vote box is an easily available reference point for a table of contents, and also requires a listing of items to vote upon, it sort of works out well to have all the option listed for reference purposes.

Quote from: final revision
0 ChiefwafflesAetherfrost:
1 *Some sort of bombing upgrade for furstorms: RAM
0 -RAMBlasteyes:
1 -VoidSlayerTrust Fall Targeting System: RAM
1 -andreaAir dropped bomb: RAM
0 -andreaMultiple area covering bomblet:
1 *Some sort of resiliency upgrade to crystals: RAM
0 -RAMReflexive regeneration:
1 -RAMCrystals Conferred Accelerated Regeneration by Power: RAM
0 -ChiefwafflesReactive Crystal:
0 -ChiefwafflesCrystal Reactive Regeneration:
2 -ChiefwafflesCrystal Subconjuration: Chiefwaffles, Andres
1 RAMResiliant!: RAM
0 ChiefwafflesTrustStrike:
0 ChiefwafflesAS-R1-G:
0 ChiefwafflesPKPD:
0 ChiefwafflesBlastgem M.2:
0 ChiefwafflesReactive KPD:
0 ChiefwafflesCommgem:
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4471 on: September 10, 2017, 10:25:17 am »

Quote from: Vote For Vote Box Format
1 - RAM's Format: RAM
2 - Chiefwaffles' Format: Chiefwaffles, FallacyofUrist
So we don't have to go back and forth and back and forth.

Nickel Honest Strike: We replace the two copper scrolls we currently use in our Honest Strike with a single nickel one(which should work because nickel mimics the magical properties of gold better than copper) to bring down the expense level of our Honest Strike. And maybe get rid of the whole "Praise Allah, I don't mean it" thing.

Or, probably a better idea:

HA1 Equalizer: We create a larger version of the Equalizer shell(so it can work in the HA1) with the same propulsion as Starshells. The idea is we then shell Moskurg artillery positions with these, preventing them from using Lucky Strike(and possibly their artillery entirely) while still letting our Starshells explode(we do, after all, have Anti-Magic hardened circuits).
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4472 on: September 10, 2017, 10:33:31 am »

The starshell-equalizer will surely explode, because now propulsion also doubles as the explosive. Explosion will shatter the Equalizer shell, scattering big chunks of antimagic crystal over a wide area.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4473 on: September 10, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »

Exactly.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4474 on: September 10, 2017, 01:18:38 pm »

Quote from: final revision
0 ChiefwafflesAetherfrost:
1 *Some sort of bombing upgrade for furstorms: RAM
0 -RAMBlasteyes:
1 -VoidSlayerTrust Fall Targeting System: RAM
1 -andreaAir dropped bomb: RAM
0 -andreaMultiple area covering bomblet:
2 *Some sort of resiliency upgrade to crystals: RAM
0 -RAMReflexive regeneration:
1 -RAMCrystals Conferred Accelerated Regeneration by Power: RAM
0 -ChiefwafflesReactive Crystal:
0 -ChiefwafflesCrystal Reactive Regeneration:
2 -ChiefwafflesCrystal Subconjuration: Chiefwaffles, Andres
1 RAMResiliant!: RAM
0 ChiefwafflesTrustStrike:
0 ChiefwafflesAS-R1-G:
0 ChiefwafflesPKPD:
0 ChiefwafflesBlastgem M.2:
0 ChiefwafflesReactive KPD:
0 ChiefwafflesCommgem:

Revision: Tension Bubbled crystal
By creating bubbles of structural tension in our armor, and layering the resistive material in such a way as to direct impact and electricity to these areas, we can create an explosively resistant armor. When the armor is struck, either with high voltage or high force, the energy is directed to one of the bubbled areas which explodes outward. Think of them as similar to crumple zones in car frames. They are designed to allow point shattering of the crystal in areas to keep the integrity of the whole safe. This can be applied to anything that currently uses crystal armor. As a noted side effect, the crystal at these internal bubbles is a slightly different shade, resulting in a faint polka dot pattern on the surface of the armor. It's like NERA, but since crystal dosent expand, it kinda explodes outward.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4475 on: September 10, 2017, 01:23:47 pm »

Personally, I'll hold a bit before voting. I asked Evictedsaint in discord how important infantry will be in the next turn, due to the urban environment. If it is very important, I may propose a grenade design ( the firestorm drops grenades, which already have a timer. Work is already done there.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4476 on: September 10, 2017, 03:37:48 pm »

REVISION 2
1 - (VoidSlayer) Trust Fall Targeting System: RAM

1 - (Andrea) Air dropped bomb: RAM
0 - (Andrea) Multiple area covering bomblet:

0 - (RAM) Blasteyes:
0 - (RAM) Reflexive regeneration:
1 - (RAM) Crystals Conferred Accelerated Regeneration by Power: RAM
1 - (RAM) Resiliant!: RAM

3 - Crystal Subconjuration: Chiefwaffles, Andres, helmacon

REVISION REQUESTS
RAM: "Some sort of bombing upgrade for Firestorms"
RAM: "Some sort of resiliency upgrade to Crystal"
after discussion on the discord, and certin changes made to the fluff on sub conjuration, I am changing my vote.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: September 11, 2017, 10:11:07 pm »

Revision: Crystal Subconjuration [1+1]

Designing the crystalline structure of our weapons turns out to be quite difficult.  As we exert more finely-tuned control over the microscopic shape of the crystal, the required circuitry for printing it begins to balloon exponentially.  For really small things like crystal axes, it's all we can do to streamline the circuitry to prevent additional cost, but for larger devices like our Lightnings and Crystalclads the circuit requirements are just too much.

The end result is more hardy axes and body armor segments, but anything larger is simply too expensive to manufacture.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: September 11, 2017, 11:40:53 pm »

well, we did get better armor and melee weapons. plus it offset the problem from crystal structure to circuit size, which is more easily addressed. not to bad all in all. imo.

Future revision.

Circuit recursion:
Summoning circuits by hand is limited to our mage's ability to summon in the first place. By using a standard of a circuit which prints another pattern much smaller, we can greatly reduce the size of these circuits. The circuits are made with grooves and then dipped into metal. When the top layer is removed, only the patterning in the grooves remains, and our circuits are fully functional, yet much smaller. This is all really just the clever application of existing technology. The real work is designing standard logic templates for certain functions that slot together, allowing a blank plate to be passed under the correct summoning circuits in the right order to create working logic chains.  The end goal is replacing the template with smaller printed templates themselves until the entire system can be fit down into a single workstation for a mage to produce complex and specialized circuits and templates for each job on thier own.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: September 12, 2017, 12:10:20 am »

So, are there any fronts that we can sacrifice to give ourselves a bonus in the tundra and/or oceanic fronts?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: September 12, 2017, 11:49:01 am »

so, for battle plans...

PLAN A: All national efforts to defend home, and hope to see next year ?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: September 12, 2017, 11:56:16 am »

I'm pretty sure that's a given.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: September 12, 2017, 11:58:03 am »

Lets make a votebox

Quote from: deployment vote
National efforts:
All to the home front - Andrea, Chiefwaffles

Other actions:
Hope as hard as you can - Andrea

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: September 12, 2017, 03:02:51 pm »

Order: Dive Bombing
Our bombers can't hit the side of a barn from high altitude, but can reach it. Let's have them fly high to reach the enemy's back-lines and then descend to bomb enemy airships from close range. Sure, they will take massive casualties, but they are pretty much useless otherwise...
Read the First Post!

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: September 12, 2017, 03:11:54 pm »

I mean, I kinda think they would do that anyways though. Tactics aren't a thing in this game, so our units typically adapt on their own.
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 [299] 300 301