Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 386404 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #3540 on: July 04, 2017, 03:08:25 pm »

I really do not like any of those orders, also we should totally have Myark work with our heir to push the plains, we can maybe get a double front in the desert.
Your objection seems to be a cultural one, but the one where we turn the heir into an Arstotzkan is completely strategic. It would be a massive blow to Moskurg morale. Please vote for it, or at least don't vote against it.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 04, 2017, 03:42:09 pm »

BJORN
4 - Plains: RAM, Chiefwaffles, Helmacon, Andres, voidslayer

MYARK
2 - Desert: Andrea, Chiefwaffles
1 - Plains: Andres, voidslayer

ORDERS
1 - If Moskurg heir is captured, turn her into an Arstotzkan: Andres
1 - Allow women into our army to double our troop count: Andres
0 - Allow women into our army with no expectations on troop count because valkyries:
2 - Don't allow women into army (For keeping long term society viable): Chiefwaffles, Andrea
0 - Don't allow mundane women into army but continue to let them be magical forces:
1 - No orders this turn, let culture take it's natural course: Voidslayer
1 Let widows join as mundane troops for revenge: RAM
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: July 04, 2017, 04:32:36 pm »

RAM, I will vote in favour of your order if you vote in favour of the Moskurg heir order.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: July 04, 2017, 04:39:30 pm »

BJORN

MYARK

ORDERS
1 - If Moskurg heir is captured, turn her into an Arstotzkan: Andres
0 - Allow women into our army with no expectations on troop count because valkyries:
2 - Don't allow women into army (For keeping long term society viable): Chiefwaffles, Andrea
0 - Don't allow mundane women into army but continue to let them be magical forces:
2 - No orders this turn, let culture take it's natural course: Voidslayer, Chiefwaffles

I'm just going to vote for no orders.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: July 04, 2017, 04:40:17 pm »

BJORN

MYARK

ORDERS
2 - If Moskurg heir is captured, turn her into an Arstotzkan: Andres, RAM
2 - No orders this turn, let culture take it's natural course: Voidslayer, Chiefwaffles
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:43:19 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: July 04, 2017, 04:59:56 pm »

BJORN
5 - Plains: RAM, Chiefwaffles, Helmacon, Andres, voidslayer, FallacyofUrist
1 - Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES send him into the thick, even with a Protector.
1 - Make sure he learns to use an AS-R1.

MYARK
3 - Plains: Andres, voidslayer, FallacyofUrist

ORDERS
3 - If Moskurg heir is captured, turn her into an Arstotzkan: Andres, RAM, FallacyofUrist
Addendum - 1 - Introduce her to catgirl culture: FallacyofUrist
3 - No orders this turn, let culture take it's natural course: Voidslayer, Chiefwaffles, FallacyofUrist(except allowing widows to join as mundane troops)
2 - Let widows join as mundane troops for revenge: RAM, FallacyofUrist

Glory to Arstotzka.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: July 04, 2017, 05:06:13 pm »

BJORN

MYARK

ORDERS
3 - If Moskurg heir is captured, turn her into an Arstotzkan: Andres, RAM, FallacyofUrist
4 - No orders this turn, let culture take it's natural course: Voidslayer, Chiefwaffles, FallacyofUrist(except allowing widows to join as mundane troops), Andrea
2 - Let widows join as mundane troops for revenge: RAM, FallacyofUrist
1 - Bjorn; Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES send him into the thick, even with a Protector.
1 - Bjorn; Make sure he learns to use an AS-R1.

Andrea agreed on Discord to vote for No Orders, so I'm adding it to the votes for him. I also added Fallacy's added Bjorn-related orders to ORDERS instead of BJORN. Even though we almost definitely won't need to roll for it, they're still orders.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: July 04, 2017, 05:47:24 pm »

BJORN

MYARK

ORDERS
4 - No orders this turn, let culture take it's natural course: Voidslayer, Chiefwaffles, FallacyofUrist(except allowing widows to join as mundane troops), Andrea
3 - Let widows join as mundane troops for revenge: RAM, FallacyofUrist, Andres
1 - Bjorn; Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES send him into the thick, even with a Protector.
1 - Bjorn; Issue no special orders regarding Bjorn: Andres
FallacyofUrist, you're at once voting to convert the heir and to not give orders. That is contradictory.

Glory to Arstotzka.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: July 04, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »

BJORN

MYARK
3 - Desert: Andrea, Chiefwaffles, helmacon

ORDERS
3 - Let widows join as mundane troops for revenge: RAM, FallacyofUrist, Andres
1 - Bjorn; Issue no special orders regarding Bjorn: Andres
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: July 04, 2017, 11:18:26 pm »

It looks like we have a tie over where to send Myark. So let me go over why you should send Myark to the Desert.

1.) The Desert is the safest place for Moskurg's heir. It was the place where they lost the least last turn, so chances are they're going to try to send their heir there. It would be extremely dumb for them to send their heir to any place else, as the desert is where they're most likely to win.
2.) Moskurg will likely send Al-whatshisface to protect their heir in the desert.
3.) If Myark and Al-face meet, then Bjorn will be safe and sound in the Plains where we have the greatest pre-explosive ammunition advantage + Protector advantage + Expensive Restless advantage. Meanwhile, we will have new advantages in the desert (same as Plains - Expensive Restless, cheaper cannons, and the Protector which should excel in the Desert terrain) that should ensure that Myark will win over Al-face, and thus ensure our victory over the desert, denying Moskurg the revision credit.
4.) If Al-face is sent to the Plains, then Myark will almost certainly ensure victory over the desert while our advantages in the plains means that even with Al-face there, Bjorn will almost definitely survive if not win.

My point is, the Desert and Plains should be places where we will win fairly easily. Most of our designs this turn help in the Desert and Plains the most - the Protector will work the best in the flatter terrain. The Expensive Restless will be a lot more effective at transporting men and ammunition in the terrain. Our now-Cheap HA1s and now-cheap-every-other-cannon have always been best in the Plains and Desert.
With Myark facing Moskurg's heir, we'll definitely deny them the revision credit. With Myark facing Al-face and their heir in the desert, we'll still have a significant chance of denying them a revision credit while practically ensuring our victory of the challenge in the plains with unopposed Bjorn.

TL;DR: They will almost definitely have their heir in the Desert. But if they have their Hero and their Heir in the Desert, we will likely lose there. Sending Myark there will greatly increase our chances of hurting their Heir. We don't need Myark to protect Bjorn, as we will already have a great advantage in the Plains. If they do send their Hero to the plains, we will be able to easily take their heir (again, it'd be idiotic for them to send their heir anywhere else) and the desert while they have a much smaller chance of even wounding Bjorn.

Also remember that Myark has the wand of true light, which is a really powerful theatre-scale weapon.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: July 04, 2017, 11:20:15 pm »

Oh man, I can't wait to roll each of those eight orders at a disadvantage.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: July 04, 2017, 11:34:28 pm »

At least mine doesn't count as a ninth!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: July 04, 2017, 11:36:53 pm »

VoidSlayer! Do the right thing! Vote to send Myark to the desert so we can truly cement victory!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: July 05, 2017, 12:14:15 am »

VoidSlayer! Do the right thing! Vote to send Myark to the desert so we can truly cement victory!

Wait what?  I was trying to make trees that resist lighting and fire, down here in the underdomes while fighting off beast monsters.

I vote to send Myark to the deserts instead of the plains.  Mathmagics help us all.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: July 05, 2017, 12:23:46 am »

someone add me to no orders please.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 301