Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 301

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Arstotzka] {COMPLETED}  (Read 386614 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - 916 [Arstotzka]
« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2017, 04:21:09 pm »

What about a Crystal Storm? Less of a storm than a flying bundle of crystal shards cutting any man caught within them to shreds. Would essentially be a combination of our wasps and our crystal magic.

Or how about just a Metal Pillar? Thin and tall, it would act as a lightning rod, redirecting the lightning off our forces.

Maybe, for the sea, a  Pillar of Ice? Doesn't even need to be grounded; it can just float on the waves. Could be conjured through a ship to shatter it/cause holes, or in front of a ship for crash-ready icebergs.

Crystal Ninja: Not really, but..
Quote from: andrea
Crystal animals seems extremely complex
We could branch into this with animal spells, like Conjure Familiar or Conjure Vermin or something.

How about a Wasp Hive Pillar? Shorter, and reliably provides wasps for a more continual assault.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:32:02 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2017, 04:27:28 pm »

Our last revision gave us the ability to make rods already. We just need an order to get our apprentices to make lightning rods.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2017, 04:34:59 pm »

I thought it meant that we had the proficiency needed to conjure pillar-shaped materials. Itituem, would you mind providing us with a list of our available spells? Can't seem to find any recent one.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2017, 04:48:09 pm »

hm. It could be, still I think it could be a suitable order tier action.
well, lets see what theGM says.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2017, 06:00:07 pm »

Even if they can make rods(which is my interpretation) it would presumably be in place of casting other spells. Still, putting up a spontaneous wall to block arrows is pretty powerful in context.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - Design Phase 914 [Arstotzka]
« Reply #275 on: March 29, 2017, 07:00:54 pm »

I will be taking over as GM while Iituem is on hiatus.

Magical Equipment:
Wand of Fireballs -  Hurls fireballs at a distance, able to destroy whole squads at a time.  A National Effort.
Tower of Forever Frost:  An astoundingly expensive tower that has to be assembled in place and requires the skill of a master wizard to operate, as well as countless other skilled wizards.  Creates a very powerful cold evocation and then channels it directly into the air, consistently lowering temperatures within a radius of about fifty miles.  A National Effort.

Arstotzkan Elite Units:
Anti-Wizard Guard:  Guard thanes against mind-readers and other threats by shooting them.  Also partially negate spell support of other units.

Arstotzkan Spells:
Conjuration Spellbook
Obscuring Mist:  Cloaks a squad in a fog cloud, hiding their numbers and equipment, and making them harder to hit at range.
Summon Swarm:  Conjures a swarm of stinging wasps to harrass foes.  Expensive.
  Variant (Fire Wasps):  Conjures stinging wasps that can start small fires.  Expensive.
Magic Lance:  Conjures a set of lances for a cavalry squad.  Thick enough not to break on use, and lasts long enough to be useful in combat.  Expensive.
Webs:  Conjures a sticky web, immobilising an entire squad and preventing them from moving.  Very Expensive.

Fireball:  Hurls fireballs at a distance, able to destroy whole squads at a time.  Damaging side effects harm morale.  Very Expensive.
  Minor Fireball:  Hurls small balls of fire that explode on impact, not as devastating as full fireballs but much easier to cast.  Expensive.

Firewall:  Creates static walls of fire.  Long casting time, concentration sustain.  Very Expensive.

Edit: Please let me know if I missed something!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:04:29 pm by evictedSaint »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2017, 09:00:31 pm »

What if we researched summoning Arctic Wolves? We can summon small creatures already, and having packs of wolves fight alonside our men would be horrifying to the enemy.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2017, 09:28:49 pm »

Aside from chasing down routers. I don't see wolves being that effective against a full army. I guess the keggers are a bit more numbers rather that skill, so maybe, but still...

Iguess they might be a threat to horse-archers, maybe, especially if we can summon them with crystal armour.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2017, 11:45:39 pm »

Aside from chasing down routers. I don't see wolves being that effective against a full army. I guess the keggers are a bit more numbers rather that skill, so maybe, but still...

Iguess they might be a threat to horse-archers, maybe, especially if we can summon them with crystal armour.
No they would suck at fighting the actual army but as skrimishing options are something we are increasingly needing they aren't a bad idea.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2017, 05:30:44 am »

Order : Deploy the Tower in the Jungle, together with our wizard.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2017, 05:41:34 am »

Maybe we can renew our efforts on traps.

edit: also, +1 on ebbor's order

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2017, 05:58:31 am »

If the jungle was frozen, wouldn't it drastically harm the plants and animals? Not only would future generations frown upon our damage to the environment, but we would lose several sources of resources. We used special wasps from the jungle to aid our Fire Wasp spell, after all. If we want to branch into other animal spells, the jungle could be useful...if it still stands.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2017, 06:03:04 am »

We've dropped storms, fireballs and all other sorts of bloody warfare on it for years. I doubt it would be tgat problematic.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2017, 06:55:59 am »

It's the 10th we still dump sewage in the streets you think people are going to give a sh it about trees?

+1 to jungle tower order
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Arstotzka]
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2017, 10:13:27 am »

Maybe we can renew our efforts on traps.

edit: also, +1 on ebbor's order

We want to reopen the firetraps research?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 301