Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 188861 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2955 on: July 22, 2017, 03:33:53 pm »

Adamantine Jets
Our Researcher Priests have finally named the new scroll-like devices! Because of how air is pushed out in a narrow stream, they have named them "jets". Also, they've done some work on increasing the raw power of the "jets" to make them more effective at propelling our airships.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: July 23, 2017, 07:52:33 am »

Quote from: Revision Votes
(1) al-Maghnat's Northfinder: NUKE9.13
(0) Skyhawk Speed Improvments:
(2) Adamantium Weight control: Crazyabe, Kashyyk
(2) Adamantium Jets: Madman198237, AC

Improving our scrolls sounds like an adequate idea. We'd increase the speed of our two latest airships, as well as the effective range of the Phoenix's flamethrower and the power of any scroll-based artillery we may design later.

I'm quite in favour of developing railguns, but I have my doubts about the effectiveness of a compass at this stage.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 23, 2017, 09:19:27 am »

(1) al-Maghnat's Northfinder: NUKE9.13
(1) Adamantium Weight control: Crazyabe
(3) Adamantium Jets: Madman198237, AC, Kashyyk

This is pretty much what I meant by speed improvements, but this is better explained. As we're winning navally and losing on land, I don't think a compass is the best choice.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: July 23, 2017, 09:25:24 am »

Yeah, we're already winning at sea. I was mostly voting for the compass to make people pay attention.

(0) al-Maghnat's Northfinder:
(1) Adamantium Weight control: Crazyabe
(4) Adamantium Jets: Madman198237, AC, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 23, 2017, 03:02:41 pm »

Yeah, we're already winning at sea. I was mostly voting for the compass to make people pay attention.

(0) al-Maghnat's Northfinder:
(0) Adamantium Weight control:
(5) Adamantium Jets: Madman198237, AC, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Crazy
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: July 23, 2017, 10:39:36 pm »

Revision: Adamantium Jets [6]

Abandoning the "rolled up sheets of enchanted Adamantium" design, these Adamantium scrolls can barely be referred to by the same name as their ancestors.  They're not carpets, and they're certainly not pegasi, and their not even really scrolls at this point.

Designed from scratch to be a tube, this new design focuses primarily on forcing air through the hollow center to create as much thrust as possible.  Most of the effort goes into engraving the spells, prayers, and hymns (which are ever-growing in complexity) on the internal components of the device.  It actually features several smaller tubes inside the initial tube, increasing the thrust of the jet-stream of air by quite a bit.  We've long since moved past the "disobedient sentience" flaw of preceding flying devices, and these "jets" can be controlled by an apprentice directly.

We upgrade all existing Adamantium War Pegasi Scrolls to these new Adamantium Jet Engines, including Hayat's personal ride.  For the Skyskiff (and those who ride the engine directly with a saddle (not recommended)) this doesn't do much, as the limiting factor is the operators ability to withstand the intense wind experienced at these speeds.  For the Phoenix and Skyhawk, it should let them fly substantially higher and faster, making it more difficult to be shot down by Arstotzka's rather imprecise artillery.  The enchantments are still not permanent, and must be periodically replenished by a mage from time-to-time.

How do you deal with the potential Espionage Credit this year?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: July 23, 2017, 10:53:30 pm »

My Suggestion: Use it to Capture several of their mages, and have them brought back gag'd and bound, with a "Bonus" for those directly involved in training their apprentices.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: July 23, 2017, 11:08:02 pm »

What is an espionage credit?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: July 24, 2017, 12:03:29 am »

What is an espionage credit?
From the description: it is either (A) A Credit that allows us to steal some of the opposition's tech, or (B) a Credit that allows us to Screw about with their stuff before hand.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: July 24, 2017, 12:10:55 am »

Well. Is there a piece of Arstotzkan technology that we'd especially like to have?

I was thinking we might want to look into stealing some information about their crystal summoning. Not so that we can replicate it- I imagine it is too advanced for us to steal all their research. Rather, we steal information about its vulnerabilities, to give us a bonus to weapons designed to penetrate it.

But I'm not 100% sold on that. I could be convinced to leave it, if we can't think of anything good.

My Suggestion: Use it to Capture several of their mages, and have them brought back gag'd and bound, with a "Bonus" for those directly involved in training their apprentices.
Too broad. What are we kidnapping them for? Do you mean so we can replicate their apprentice training scheme? That might actually be useful now that we actually need apprentices to man the Adamantium Jets.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: July 24, 2017, 12:12:15 am »

Well. Is there a piece of Arstotzkan technology that we'd especially like to have?

I was thinking we might want to look into stealing some information about their crystal summoning. Not so that we can replicate it- I imagine it is too advanced for us to steal all their research. Rather, we steal information about its vulnerabilities, to give us a bonus to weapons designed to penetrate it.

But I'm not 100% sold on that. I could be convinced to leave it, if we can't think of anything good.

Too broad. What are we kidnapping them for? Do you mean so we can replicate their apprentice training scheme? That might actually be useful now that we actually need apprentices to man the Adamantium Jets.
If we kidnap them, we can Reduce their Training effectiveness for the turn, and Gain info on how they do it ourselves.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: July 24, 2017, 02:04:17 am »

We could steal their cannons...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: July 24, 2017, 02:55:50 am »

If we kidnap them, we can Reduce their Training effectiveness for the turn, and Gain info on how they do it ourselves.
I don't think we can do both of those. But doing the second might be worthwhile. The first would be a very temporary bonus, only worth it if we are one turn away from victory.

We could steal their cannons...
I certainly hope we can't. Because if we can, then they can steal our aircraft. And that would be worse for us than us stealing their cannons would be for them, I feel.
My hope is that aircraft, like cannons, have so many prerequisite magics/technologies that a single espionage credit cannot steal them. As in, you steal the plans for the cannon, but not how to cast the fireballs or whatever that power them (which relies upon fire magic you have no experience with). Or you steal how to make things float, but not how to propel them (which relies upon wind magic you have no experience with). Basically, we've both spent many many designs on these things, if a single espionage credit can steal them then espionage credits are OP AF.

Actually, eS: Could you weigh in on this? Could they steal and replicate a functional Skyskiff, say? Or rather, can an espionage credit steal the product of multiple designs?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: July 24, 2017, 07:36:10 am »

Oh hey, don't forget:

Deceit Is For Heretics
We need to scan the minds of the crew to determine their loyalty. And we need to do it first. Also, if they *don't* comply, remind them that stealing military secrets and providing them to our enemies is punishable by death. Extremely painful death.

Death by inhalation of the fumes of Alnnar.

Quote from: Orders
2 Check Crewmen Minds: Madman, SMMI
0 Leave Them Alone:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:23:58 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: July 24, 2017, 07:42:04 am »

We should steal their crystal magic storages to ease the maneuvering of all airships... i like the idea of getting their mage training info as well
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 217