Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199406 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #870 on: April 26, 2017, 03:42:26 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Halberds: [2] NUKE9.13, Mardent23, Detoxicated

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2017, 03:45:52 pm »

Halberds: [4] NUKE9.13, Mardent23, Detoxicated, Kashyyk

I would also like to suggest an order:

Deploy ballista on boats only this year. This will maximize our naval advantage, which should allow us to land troops behind enemy lines. Combining this with an anti-armour melee weapon that rolls anything other than a one (asking a lot, I know) should maintain our hold foothold for this year. It's also something that I can't see anyone being able to screw up, so hopefully won't require a roll. I imagine shot would be very effective against wooden hulls too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:49:10 pm by Kashyyk »

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 26, 2017, 03:47:32 pm »

How many?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 26, 2017, 03:53:15 pm »

How many?
I'm not sure what you mean.

Also, something I've just noticed from Andrea's duel report:
The amulets grows hotter in direction north-north west. We have an estimate of significant magic use just a couple of kilometers in that direction.

So either he's made something up to sound cool, or they have some sort of magic detection amulets? That is presumably how they know when we've been using our Detect Thoughts/Zen spell.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 26, 2017, 03:55:52 pm »

I meant how many ballistics should we deploy to the sea. We can only produce two or three. Also,  the amulet theory makes a lot of sense. It also  explains the increased death  rates for our mages.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 26, 2017, 03:58:25 pm »

Deploy ballista on boats only this year. This will maximize our naval advantage, which should allow us to land troops behind enemy lines. Combining this with an anti-armour melee weapon that rolls anything other than a one (asking a lot, I know) should maintain our hold foothold for this year. It's also something that I can't see anyone being able to screw up, so hopefully won't require a roll. I imagine shot would be very effective against wooden hulls too.
Hmm. Yes, that's a good idea.

Halberds: [4] NUKE9.13, Mardent23, Detoxicated, Kashyyk

Order - Deploy ballistae on boats only: [2] Kashyyk, NUKE9.13

Also, I didn't think Very Expensive means two or three. Isn't it supposed to be one per ten squads, or something? I guess the exact numbers don't really matter, so long as the effectiveness is the same.
Since ships are also Very Expensive, one might even argue that we could deploy one on each.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 04:04:04 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 26, 2017, 04:23:04 pm »

I would not trade away our wands of bravery... To much boon from it, especially if we revise the spear.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 26, 2017, 04:47:17 pm »

accuracy.  The siege weapon requires rather precise crafting to get to this level of quality, however, and several months of training are required to train the siege engineers in its use.  This makes the device Very Expensive, so we can only field two or three at a time. 

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 26, 2017, 06:35:49 pm »

Halberds: [5] NUKE9.13, Mardent23, Detoxicated, Kashyyk, Happerry
Order - Deploy ballistae on boats only: [2] Kashyyk, NUKE9.13
Voting Against the order to Deploy Ballistae on the boats only: [1] Happerry

In the Sensei's game, at least, Very Expensive meant that only around one in ten squads could be given it. So probably more then single digit numbers (which would just be silly) but still probably not that many of them... which makes sense considering it's a siege weapon. And really, you don't need that much siege weapons to have an effect.

Anyway, voting against limiting Ballistae to the boats only, we're still loosing on land and shooting them in the face with ballistae bolts might reverse that.

I also vote against trading the Wand of Heroism because we can't replace it, but trading the Gust of Wind wands is perfectly fine with me.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 26, 2017, 06:39:40 pm »

Code: [Select]
Halberds: [6] NUKE9.13, Mardent23, Detoxicated, Kashyyk, Happerry, Crazyabe
Order - Deploy ballistae on boats only: [3] Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Crazyabe
Voting Against the order to Deploy Ballistae on the boats only: [1] Happerry
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 26, 2017, 06:51:09 pm »

Code: [Select]
Halberds: [7] NUKE9.13, Mardent23, Detoxicated, Kashyyk, Happerry, Crazyabe, ATHATH
Order - Deploy ballistae on boats only: [3] Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Crazyabe
Voting Against the order to Deploy Ballistae on the boats only: [2] Happerry, ATHATH
Giving the Trader the Wand of Heroism [???]: ATHATH
Giving the Trader the Wand of Gust of Wind [???]: ATHATH
NOT Killing the Trader [???]: ATHATH
NOT Telling the Trader About the Existence of Arstotska [???]: ATHATH
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 26, 2017, 06:59:45 pm »

Design: Halberds [6+1]

While going through the archives of our earlier work, one of our researcher priests dusts off a decade-old prototype for an anti-armor halberd he found buried in a supply closet somewhere.  The original design was a bit of a mess, but when he showed the rest of the design team we managed to make the necessary tweaks.

It's essentially a spear with a few extra bits slapped on.  A small axe head sits on the side opposite a short curved hook, and the leaf blade is replaced by a long, thick spike made of hardened steel.  The spike lets a powerful thrust punch through all but the thickest plate armor, and the hook is perfect for catching hold of an enemy and dragging him to the ground.  The axe head is useful for powerful swings, and excels against unarmored opponents.  The length of the halberd also gives the user an advantage against mounted opponents, and the hook can be used to drag the enemy off his horse.

The halberd is more useful when used in tandem with allies, as one can hold an enemy steady while his partner lines up a thrust.  It also does better in formation tactics, but in dense areas where movement is limited it can be difficult to use it to great effect.

The additional steel required makes the halberd more expensive than a traditional spear, but not so much that we can't outfit our entire army with them.  Cheap.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 26, 2017, 07:01:52 pm »

Oh fuck yeah

Thoughts on giving him our Storm Strike spell?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 26, 2017, 07:03:24 pm »

Woo!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 26, 2017, 07:13:16 pm »

Who is thinking of revising the spear of allah the next term, also I think we should get faster entering boats so we can take some of their ships.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 217