Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199530 times)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #705 on: April 20, 2017, 11:50:06 pm »

I still think we should do armor.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 21, 2017, 12:04:59 am »

Bodkin Arrows: [1]  ATHATH
Armor: [1]  Mardent23

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 21, 2017, 12:06:17 am »

We've never made lamellar before, so I think we'd need to spend a design action on it. Thus I vote Bodkins

Quote from: Vote Tally
Bodkins: [2] ATHATH, Kashyyk
Lamellar [1]: Mardent23

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 21, 2017, 12:19:29 am »

Fair point.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 21, 2017, 02:22:33 am »

I maintain that losing a few men is less of a problem for us than said men failing to take out the enemy whilst they do so. Thus my vote goes to

Armour-Piercing Bodkin Arrows: Where a conventional arrowhead is wide, in order to do maximum damage to its target, these arrows are tipped with small, thin, extra-pointy arrowheads, to maximise the amount of force applied to one area. They are also made of hardened steel, though the smaller size should mean the cost is not an issue.
These could reliably pierce (Arstotzka's shitty) plate armour at close range, and have a chance of doing so at medium range, giving our (horse) archers a decisive leg-up against Arstotzka's heavy infantry.

Bodkins: [3] ATHATH, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:55 am »

I maintain that losing a few men is less of a problem for us than said men failing to take out the enemy whilst they do so. Thus my vote goes to

Armour-Piercing Bodkin Arrows: Where a conventional arrowhead is wide, in order to do maximum damage to its target, these arrows are tipped with small, thin, extra-pointy arrowheads, to maximise the amount of force applied to one area. They are also made of hardened steel, though the smaller size should mean the cost is not an issue.
These could reliably pierce (Arstotzka's shitty) plate armour at close range, and have a chance of doing so at medium range, giving our (horse) archers a decisive leg-up against Arstotzka's heavy infantry.

Bodkins: [4] ATHATH, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Crazyabe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 21, 2017, 04:05:44 am »

Bodkin Arrows.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 21, 2017, 06:24:28 am »

Changing my vote to Bodkins

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 21, 2017, 07:17:23 am »

bodkins are my vote as well if i may change it again.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2017, 08:03:31 am »

Bodkins gets my vote.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 21, 2017, 09:55:48 am »

I still think we should invent machetes for the jungle at one point, I see we have powerful spells but maybe if we tweaked our equipment a little more we could become overpowering, as it seems this war will drag on for a while, and the enemy should ot be underestimated.

We need shields, or special shield men to hold against the arrow rains in the mountains. We also need armour so our melee troops stand a chance against them. Anti-Magic is nice and all, but we shouldn't put all of our bet on one horse. We could create forcefield spells, or put our efforts to create lightning towers in the plains and desert to fortify them even more.

Here are some ideas I have:
- Lightning towers to fortify the desert and plains
- Specialized shieldmen
- A Force field spell to withhold magic fire or arrows or both

I liked the idea of the light armour you could take off, someone mentioned it before. Must I mention that I think we should upgrade our equipment.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 21, 2017, 10:26:32 am »

I still think we should invent machetes for the jungle at one point, I see we have powerful spells but maybe if we tweaked our equipment a little more we could become overpowering, as it seems this war will drag on for a while, and the enemy should ot be underestimated.

We need shields, or special shield men to hold against the arrow rains in the mountains. We also need armour so our melee troops stand a chance against them. Anti-Magic is nice and all, but we shouldn't put all of our bet on one horse. We could create forcefield spells, or put our efforts to create lightning towers in the plains and desert to fortify them even more.

Here are some ideas I have:
- Lightning towers to fortify the desert and plains
- Specialized shieldmen
- A Force field spell to withhold magic fire or arrows or both

I liked the idea of the light armour you could take off, someone mentioned it before. Must I mention that I think we should upgrade our equipment.

For shields how about something like the pavise.

I would provide a link to the wiki but i have no idea how to do that for this forum.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 21, 2017, 10:33:11 am »

<url>Insert URL<url> with square brackets.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 21, 2017, 10:37:28 am »

As Bodkins is an absolute certainty at this point, I'd like to talk about next turn.

I agree with Devastator and Detoxicated that we shouldn't neglect the rest of the army in favour of Anti-Magic, so I think we should spend all of next turn on something (despite how much I want to keep going on Tubikh Rrahim).

My suggestions would be to spend the design on full body lamellar armour, modelled after the Japanese Samurai. According to wikipedia, they were made of rawhide or steel and made of thousands of individual pieces that were very small and time-consuming to produce. We can abuse our population bonus in the plains to sweatshop the production of these pieces. A good role will hopefully allow us to produce enough steel armour to replace our scale, plus enough rawhide to outfit the rest of the army.

For our revision, I'd suggest large shields. There are plenty of examples that can be held in one hand with a spear in the other, or even be strapped across the back to allow both hands to be free.

PPE: A Pavise wan't typically used in melee from what I recall, but it'd definitely keep our archers alive.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 21, 2017, 10:51:06 am »

We should almost certainly be working on non-magical advantages. That's what they're doing, if they've any sense. I mean, we should be seeing a dramatic decrease in the use of battlefield magic this turn, as our mages nullify theirs.

Lamellar armour is good because we can make it out of non-metal materials if we need to lower the cost, and yeah, it would give us something to use our population bonus on.

I would provide a link to the wiki but i have no idea how to do that for this forum.
I mean, just pasting a link should work. If you want to be fancy about it, doing something like

Code: [Select]
[url=your url here]Whatever[/url]
Will turn the word Whatever into a link.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:55:24 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 217