Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199364 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #495 on: April 06, 2017, 06:34:43 pm »

Actually, can we use the expense credit on the anti-magic thing?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 06, 2017, 06:44:30 pm »

Anti Magic is only a Hypothesis at the moment, we got a quote about the expected cost of it. Honestly, it's an area denial magic rather than a target specific like we were hoping for, so it would work best as an ambush tool for when we know we have a martial advantage over our enemies.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 06, 2017, 09:15:43 pm »

So, hey, new voter here whom just found this, and is therefor of course rejoining the glorious country of Moskurg, and I want to make a suggestion for something we can do in the future. You all remember how our Teletalk used to drive our mages insane, and how the link between minds version kept copying the thoughts of everyone linked to it? If used right, those could be perks instead of flaws. All we have to do is switch from mind reading to thought broadcasting, make sure the safeties only effect the caster and not the target, and then we can get started on driving the enemy officers totally nuts.

Anyway, here is my vote.

Vote to Improve SoA.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 06, 2017, 10:45:56 pm »

I dunno if anyone here was reading the main thread, but there was some argument over the interpretation of the rules for territory bonuses.  Feel free to read it if you want, but the main take away is "territories will provide a bonus to solid -1 to the overall expense for newly researched techs that relate to them, as they did before."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2017, 10:47:25 pm »

Hey, woah, calm down. I ain't got no problem with you personally.

Our enemies (which is to say, the Arstotzkans, not each other) needed to spend a design/revision on developing snipers. Prior to that, even their archers -who are superior to ours- could not reliably take out our mages/commanders. From this I infer that our own archers would not be capable of specifically taking out high value targets without special training.

Lucky Strike.  Lucky strike?  Lucky Strike.  Lucky Strike, lucky strike, lucky strike, lucky strike.

Our bows can do assassinations well because we have a spell that allows them to do so.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 07, 2017, 05:13:25 am »

I think, with Lucky Strike, the issue is less 'hitting them' and more 'getting in range to shoot them in the first place'.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 07, 2017, 05:39:55 am »

Hey, woah, calm down. I ain't got no problem with you personally.

Our enemies (which is to say, the Arstotzkans, not each other) needed to spend a design/revision on developing snipers. Prior to that, even their archers -who are superior to ours- could not reliably take out our mages/commanders. From this I infer that our own archers would not be capable of specifically taking out high value targets without special training.

Lucky Strike.  Lucky strike?  Lucky Strike.  Lucky Strike, lucky strike, lucky strike, lucky strike.

Our bows can do assassinations well because we have a spell that allows them to do so.
Lucky Strike has not been mentioned enabling snipers in the past. I mean, I can ask, but I'm pretty sure the answer is no:

evictedSaint: Does Lucky Strike allow our archers to reliably take out enemy leadership, or would we need to dedicate an action to developing snipers to do so?
Long Live United Forenia!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 07, 2017, 07:43:48 am »

I just had an epiphany.

Why don't we use lucky shot on the mages casting SoA
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 07, 2017, 10:09:29 am »

Lucky Strike is currently providing a bonus to your archers chance to hit.  Developing an anti-commander assassin group would require a Design Phase to do.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 07, 2017, 10:28:03 am »

Would it take a revision for Lucky Strike to apply to spells as well?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 07, 2017, 10:52:53 am »

You can attempt to do so.  Designs are generally for developing new things, where revisions fix problems with existing spells.  Ambituous revisions take penalties the same way designs do.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 07, 2017, 11:03:20 am »

Fair. S34N1C, mind making a bolded vote on things as I think you haven't done that yet? If not, no problem.

Revision
ISoA: SMMI, Kash, NUKE, Happery
Bodkin Arrows: Devastator, ATHATH

Order
Surrender Mountains: a bunch of folks, SMMI
Halve Forces on Mountains: S34N1C

Also, the possibility of saving the Expense Credit for another day wasn't addressed.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 07, 2017, 11:51:53 am »

Revision: Spear of Allah [1!]
We...may have made a mistake.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.  Lightning strikes seem random, and don't always hit where we direct.  By incorporating the Lucky Strike spell into the fabric of magic that makes up the Spear, it should hit where we direct it.

Well.  In theory, anyways.

In reality, lightning doesn't like being corralled against its will.  Without fail, every iteration of the spell results in the casting mage being struck rather than the target.  The sands outside the palace are marred with glassy black spots of failed attempts, and once again those that survive refuse to cast it.  Our design team reluctantly admits that Lucky Strike wont work on the Spear - maybe some other method will, but for now all it manages to do is draw the ire of the storm.

What to spend the Expense Credit on?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 07, 2017, 11:56:02 am »

Oh fiddlesticks.

I vote for saving the Expense Credit. I'd rather use it next year on our anti-magic.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 07, 2017, 12:13:49 pm »

We have an expense credit? Where did that come from?

But yeah, let's hold in to it.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 217