Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199772 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #3000 on: July 25, 2017, 03:29:33 pm »

They have aethergems that CREATE magical energy, their stuff is "meh" at storing it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: July 25, 2017, 03:43:58 pm »

Crystalworks Sabotage: (0)
EEE: (3) Crazy, detoxicated. Kashyyk
Save Credit: (4) Madman, Atomic Chicken, SMMI, NUKE9.13

I like the idea of more mages, If we're going to go for a permanent improvement, we might as well do so now, and there's nothing so all encompassing as "Moar Wizards"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: July 25, 2017, 03:45:57 pm »

Those of us voting to save the credit are saying "Let's use this to destroy their crystals or other essential tech etc. to give us a guaranteed advance in the future", instead of "Let's get one of their important technologies to develop on our own".

The game should be over in the next five turns. Three turns, if we manage a victory every time.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: July 25, 2017, 03:55:46 pm »

Uh, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying, knowing what Arstotzka has done with their EC will give us more information about how we should use ours.

I really don't share your optimism when it comes to the inevitability of our victory. I think Arstotzka has had a few bad turns, but if they can find a way to effectively deal with our airforce, even a little, they could easily turn things back in their favour. Must I remind you that just a few turns ago we were the ones with the enemy on our doorstep? Or that we've captured a section of Taiga before, only to be rebuffed once Arstotzka got their act together?

I mean, if we steamroll them this turn, then yeah, saving the Espionage Credit in order to deliver the coup de grace would be wise.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: July 25, 2017, 04:03:49 pm »

Yes. Our victory is not inevitable, but if we play this right, we can win. Holding that credit in order to steamroll them at any time of our choosing (If we lose any ground at all, we do some groundwork for something extreme while using the credit to cover ourselves, perhaps?) would give us a surefire way to push the end one step closer.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: July 25, 2017, 04:07:41 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if the self-destructing thing they designed last turn was an attempt to take back the air. Probably something based on their fireballs somehow.

I choose the EEE because I'm pessimistic enough to believe that they'll turn it around before we reach 3/4 in the taiga, by which point they'll have had several turns of use out of the result of their espionage credit, whereas we would still be sitting on ours. It is better I feel to use it now for a permanent boost, rather than holding out on the slim chance we can use it to guarantee victory.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: July 25, 2017, 04:11:50 pm »

I'd get behind that, IF I could get support to make our lightning spells functional again.

If we give the plentiful amount of new apprentices something to use (Design that makes lightning seek crystal, revision that makes it apprentice-usable) THEN I'd be OK with getting more of them. Right  now, all they do is fly ships and sometimes become wizards instead of mere apprentices.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: July 25, 2017, 04:17:25 pm »

Our school turns our apprentices into wizards faster. Stealing the EEE gives us more apprentices to turn into wizards faster. We will gain more wizards with the EEE.

I still want to just block their Espionage chit with ours though. That should be pretty easy to do and avoids any scary moments where they steal Lucky Strike, which is the one thing they need to do to win imo.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: July 25, 2017, 04:22:32 pm »

That's what I'm getting at---we don't have anything for those apprentices to do. By making sure we actually DO have something for masses of new apprentices to do, we'll get more benefit from doing so. Also, they can't win even if they DO get Lucky Strike.

We will still be capable of disabling their cannons.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: July 25, 2017, 04:25:47 pm »

Unless they just revise them to be anti-magic proof. In which case we'd be boned.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: July 25, 2017, 04:28:41 pm »

How?

eS directly stated that he would not allow one-turn hard counters.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: July 25, 2017, 04:39:40 pm »

It's not like it's unprecedented. They've revised their crystal to be anti-magic proof before, and they have reasonable experience in anti-magic themselves. It's not one turn of effort total, but I bet they'd only need another revision to do it.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: July 25, 2017, 04:43:38 pm »

No, it's totally unprecedented since the time AFTER eS specifically said "No hard counters".

Remember, we're not dissolving crystals, we're making it impossible for the crystal cannons to FIRE, because our antimagic prevents them from gathering magical energy with which to do so.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: July 25, 2017, 05:02:04 pm »

Im all for making lightning work again...

the eee is the thing for us, especially if we get a cheap lightning spell

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: July 26, 2017, 06:26:01 am »

They turned their crystals into a sort of "mundane" material post casting and shaping, which prevented the Anti-Magic from working.

Our Lightning does still work, it's just not the thing that's causing the most effect right now with the tide of the battle being decided by Air vs Artillery.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 217