Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199766 times)

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2985 on: July 25, 2017, 10:09:58 am »

Someone copy paste exactly what they said, so we can see if they're Fae-ing with us.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 25, 2017, 10:13:37 am »

Quote from: The Turn
Espionage Credit!!!

After a bit of finger-snapping interrogation, it seems the trader is from the far-off land of China.  He admits to buying the boat from the former trader after his last trade run, intending to take his place and make his fortune selling magical artifacts from Forenia.  Unfortunately, his intentions were less-than-pure; had he managed to gain something of value from your nation, he would have gone to your enemy and attempted to sell your secrets for a massive profit.

Fortunately, this gives us a unique opportunity to use his skilled crew to further our own gains.  Loyal to a fault, they agree to perform an Espionage Credit for us if we release their captain and return their ship.  If we agree to these terms, we must honor our word and release the trader captain once their work is done.  Of course, we could just execute them all and be done with the mess...they're not exactly trust-worthy, after all.
[emphasis added]

So, you've gotten your confirmation that everything is vine. Now, I assume you have a plan for what to do with the Espionage Credit?
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 25, 2017, 10:25:44 am »

Why yes, I do.

The Arstotzkans are in a bad way, surely they know that. They will do something drastic, I bet you. So, we do something to A. Give us a turn of guaranteed advance, and B. Prevent whatever they do from affecting us. Of course, they could also (And very well might) just kill him outright, which would be a fairly Arstotzkan thing to do. Anyway, in order to prevent everything they've done from mattering...

Crystalworks Sabotage
Well, we have a bunch of "traders" willing to go blow things up. Let's literally blow things up. Have them smuggle some explosives and blow all crystal-producing infrastructure that they can find.

Crystalworks Sabotage: (2) SMMI, Madman
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 25, 2017, 10:32:52 am »

No thanks. No one-turn effects unless that one turn is the last turn of the game. The only section of Taiga that matters is the last. I have no interest in temporarily occupying 2/4 of the Taiga, and then going back down to 1/4 the next turn.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: July 25, 2017, 10:37:40 am »

Sorry, there was a lengthy discussion in Discord, and I should've summarized it.

It goes as follows:
We don't know what Arstotzka will do with their credit.
We are afraid that logic may happen, and they might steal our antimagic or Skyskiff (Any other airship is worthless to them)
We need only 3 more turns of success.
Sabotaging crystals will give us a guaranteed advance on all fronts.
Doing so allows us to see what Arstotzka considers worthy of stealing and/or doing.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 25, 2017, 10:40:59 am »

...yeah, that doesn't make any sense. We are 3 turns away from victory. What use is a 1 turn boost? Unless you think we're about to get two more espionage credits.

And yeah, we'd get to see what Arstotzka thinks is worth stealing. And then what? What are we going to do with that information?

...hang on, let me get on the discord.

Educational Espionage Endeavour: Our agents will kidnap Arstotzka's best and brightest teachers, and bring them back to Moskurg. Once we have them in our grasp, we shall use every trick in the book to wring the information necessary for us to set up our own apprentice training program, to rival theirs. Combined with our wizard training program, we shall see more spellcasters of every rank on the battlefield, boosting every aspect of our military.

EEE: (1) NUKE9.13
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:57:18 am by NUKE9.13 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 25, 2017, 10:50:57 am »

The fear seems to be that anything we could theoretically steal permanently is not as important as the knowledge of what they want to steal from us.

An option I see is to use our expense credit to cancel their expense credit. That would much more effectively save us from any fear of them stealing our stuff.

Or we could just steal something we think is more useful to us than a skyskiff is to them.

Although I'm expecting there to be some sort National Effort effect on any magical items we steal, similar to the wands. It'd make it easier to reverse engineer, but that's it.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 25, 2017, 01:04:20 pm »

EEE: (2) NUKE9.13, Crazy
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 25, 2017, 01:12:45 pm »

Crystalworks Sabotage: (0)
EEE: (2) NUKE9.13, Crazy
Save Credit: (3) Madman, Atomic Chicken, SMMI

Saving it helps us by giving us a free turn of advances if necessary (i.e., they shut down our airships and we need to do something about it)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 25, 2017, 01:50:06 pm »

EEE: (3) NUKE9.13, Crazy, detoxicated
Save Credit: (3) Madman, Atomic Chicken, SMMI

Saving it helps us by giving us a free turn of advances if necessary (i.e., they shut down our airships and we need to do something about it)

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 25, 2017, 02:49:31 pm »

Considering how effective their artillery is wouldn't they go for stealing lucky strike so they can swat our airforce?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 25, 2017, 02:55:51 pm »

I mean, LOGICALLY, yes.

Probably not, though.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 25, 2017, 03:11:55 pm »

I kind of want to steal their magic batteries it would allow us to make magic weapons that don't rely on mages to use.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 25, 2017, 03:18:25 pm »

EEE: (2) Crazy, detoxicated
Save Credit: (4) Madman, Atomic Chicken, SMMI, NUKE9.13
I'm fine with saving the credit.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 25, 2017, 03:27:54 pm »

Im starting to think that you purposefully change your vote whenever i vote for the same thing nuke...
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 217