Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199705 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2805 on: July 13, 2017, 03:17:36 pm »

Alright, so I'm going to adapt my vote, I think. The idea behind this is that by using the revision to slightly change our antimagic's properties, we can use it from the air. By using the design to improve our infantry armor (And get a cloth form of adamantine in the bargain), we'll likely be capable of winning every single infantry battle, because we'll have all the artillery advantage again, as well as what is likely an advantage in armor (Metal makes a better armor than crystal).

It capitalizes best on our present advantages (Total aerial domination and the ability to project that power anywhere).

Quote from: Designs
Bane - Magical Explosive : (1) Taricus
Lightning Rifle :
Lightning Cannon :
Angel Wings :
Storm Elementals : (1) SMMI
Hariq al-Siyni (Chinese Fire) :
al-Tawrbinat's Wind Machine: (0)
Phoenix (Airship with flamethrowers): (0)
Adamantine Plate Armor: (1) Madman198237
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: July 13, 2017, 03:46:34 pm »

Thing with the antimagic plan is, that'll only disable their cannons so long as the staff is being pointed at them. To keep them disabled, our Skyskiffs would have to sit motionless in the sky.
...on the other hand, what's the enemy going to do? Shoot them? With what cannon? Maybe it would work...
No, wait. It'd take one Skyskiff per artillery position, permanently. Whereas if we let our fliers actually destroy their cannons, one skiff could disable one nest, resupply, and disable another, all day long.
...hang on, it just occurred to me that they said their crystal regenerates. In which case we'd have to totally destroy something to permanently disable it. Small-medium cracks will fix themselves.

Maybe explosives aren't the answer.

Screw it, I'm going to vote for my horrible idea. Maybe some enough people who are willing to pay the price that victory will cost will join me.

Lightning Rifle :
Lightning Cannon :
Angel Wings :
Phoenix (Airship with flamethrowers): (0)
Storm Elementals (Soul Transposal) : (1) NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: July 13, 2017, 03:53:13 pm »

Except it's a foolish last-ditch option....and we're not in a position of desperation. If you don't think we can muster enough antimagic, well, it's got Medium range. As far as a composite shortbow like ours can shoot. At minimum, that's 300 yards. One skyskiff can pretty well shut down almost all of their artillery. Three would be overkill.

And the things are Cheap. Our antimagic is merely Expensive, I do believe, meaning that we can go FAR beyond what is strictly necessary to disable them all.

Storm Elementals, especially ones that rely on killing our mages are not a good plan.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 13, 2017, 04:00:09 pm »

Hmm. Well, let the record show that I don't think we'll win with conventional tactics.
But for now, I'm going to vote for something else.

Lightning Rifle :
Lightning Cannon :
Angel Wings :
Phoenix (Airship with flamethrowers): (1) NUKE9.13
Storm Elementals (Soul Transposal) :
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: July 13, 2017, 04:14:55 pm »

Lightning Rifle :
Lightning Cannon :
Angel Wings :
Phoenix (Airship with flamethrowers): (1) NUKE9.13

Since I successfully duped convinced NUKE of the utter lack of logical reasoning inherent in glories of the Phoenix,  I guess I need a REAL proposal for it.

Phoenix
The Alsamma is a glorious weapon, but it is now showing it's age. We now remove the carpets from the hold, leaving a large empty space, while applying permanent or near-permanent enchantments of raw lifting power on every internal or topside surface that can be reached, including the structural ribs (Enchantments on every inch) and the tanks of Alsamma (As close as we can get to a "neutral buoyancy" state, so they don't pull away from the mountings). On the sides of the ship, dozens of Adamantine brackets are mounted to hold oversized, and thus far more powerful, adamantine scrolls. These give our new airships far greater maneuvering power, and add quite a bit to lift capacity as well. The extra lifting power is used to apply armor to the underside, in such quantities that no Arstotzkan cannons can destroy our airships in one or two hits. In the now-empty bay, large tanks filled with Alnnar, the original flammable liquid, not the explosive kind, are secured into place. Holes are cut in the sides of the ship, and more of these adamantine scrolls are embedded in the hull. A hole in about a half dozen of the scrolls allows Alnnar to be sucked from the tank and sprayed past a low-power, long-lasting Wand of Lightning, which will ignite the liquid as it falls to do Allah's work on the heathen Arstotzkans below. Two weaker scrolls are pointed forwards (Weaker so they don't mess with propulsion and maneuvering) to give a bit of range to the effect, if necessary. The wands can be replaced from within the ship itself, and easily-accessible valves allow for control over the flow of Alnnar going to each scroll.

Glory to flames Allah the Emperor Moskurg.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 03:41:22 pm by Madman198237 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 13, 2017, 06:33:11 pm »

Bane - Magical Explosive : (1) Taricus
Lightning Rifle : 
Lightning Cannon : 
Angel Wings : 
Storm Elementals : (1) SMMI 
Hariq al-Siyni (Chinese Fire) : 
Phoenix (Airship with flamethrowers): (2) NUKE9.13, detoxicated
Storm Elementals (Soul Transposal) :

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 13, 2017, 07:39:28 pm »

Honestly personally I'd prefer to go try to invent that anti-crystal sonic spell at this point and see if we can make all their power source gems explode. And all their armor, and their boats, and their tanks, and their weapons...
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 13, 2017, 08:24:46 pm »

Son of a gun.

Second time today.

I said I was going to change my vote...and didn't.

Lightning Rifle :
Lightning Cannon :
Angel Wings :
Phoenix (Airship with flamethrowers): (3) NUKE9.13, detoxicated, Madman198237
Adamantine Plate Armor: (0)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 13, 2017, 10:54:47 pm »

Design:  "Dragon-Eagle Slasher-Spheres": A young man looked upon the sun, and wondered of its shape, how it moved, and what kept it in the sky.
After Surviving three years of war as an apprentice he finally attempted to make something worthwhile - Something to dedicate his life to.
He made a new weapon based off of the sun itself: A Thing made of thin, paperlike rolls of adamantine, in structure it was a dodecahedron with A Spike at each Point and a blade affixed along each edge. The device was driven to seek out those of Arstotzka, and strengthened to survive traveling through a tornado. The devises are akin to our Pegasus in that they think, but trained to be more likened to Eagles, in that they seek to Kill Lesser flying objects, Whether they be Cannonballs or Falcons only size decides what they will seek out.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:06 am »

The problem with flamethrowers on an airship is range, and the flames will lack the armour-piercing capability we need to deal with their armour
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 14, 2017, 12:30:42 am »

New thought: they are bringing down our ships with antimagic, why not make Anti-Antimagic by making staffs that FLOOD an area with magic, and then revise it to Overcharge magicusers that aren't expecting it, Thus causing their magical cannons to go a Bit too hard with the BANG, Either Overshooting or Self Destructing.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 14, 2017, 12:43:17 am »

They aren't bringing down our ships with anti-magic anymore; they just don't have the weapons to really defeat the new skyskiff.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: July 14, 2017, 01:19:28 am »

Okay, I really love the Phoenix as a concept, though I’m not sure how effective it’d actually be. However, I do have a couple of suggestions for improving it:

1) Seeing as how you’re planning to introduce a huge fire hazard on board, I suggest we use permanently cold adamantium to keep the holding bay (preferably the entire ship, actually…maybe go for an all-adamantium construction like we did for the Skiffs?) at a temperature well below Alnnar's flash point, to help prevent accidents (i.e. the whole ship being set alight by a lucky shell). The scrolls themselves would be built out of hot adamantium to heat the stuff up as it passes through.

2) Consider improving the ship’s armour while we’re at it.

3) [Clarification] Specify that the advanced propulsion system is expected to allow this ship to reach a greater altitude and airspeed than the previous model. [Fluff] Also include simple valves in the scrolls themselves to give the crew an easy means of control.

4) [Clarification] Specify that Alnnar can also be injected into the airstream of the more horizontally-mounted scrolls. We shouldn't limit our range solely to objects directly beneath the ship.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 14, 2017, 01:21:26 am »

Our Alsamma get shot down by cannons,  so you want to fill it with flammable liquid and have it sit on top of their canons. Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees the issue here.

Edit: even with AC's suggestions,  I'm not keen.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 14, 2017, 01:24:51 am »

You aren't the only one Kashyyk. Our airships should be used to bring artillery support to the battlefield, not close ranged weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 217