Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199660 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2685 on: July 05, 2017, 08:47:05 am »

But they're using three mages per artillery piece, and we only need one. Really, 1/2.

NUKE, if they make it to the capital, then we're going to need a wunderwaffe, most likely. That said: Before we do that, we're going to need new armor, because we're getting slaughtered in melee. For some reason. We have adamantine halberds, which means we should basically, in melee, be back to way back when, when we had steel halberds versus plate armor and they died a lot.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: July 05, 2017, 08:52:54 am »

Yeah, which is why I'm proposing a wunderwaffle that actually stands a chance of working. Not one that is so ambitious that eS won't even bother rolling for it since it'd get a -5 penalty.

Also, I have no problem with using our revision to improve our armour. We could improve the qualities of Adamantium, perhaps. With a revision.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: July 05, 2017, 08:56:42 am »

No, it has to be the armor. Adamantine is tough enough, I hope. As a metal, it's more suited to armor than their crystal, which should shatter when hit right. I mean giving it better coverage over the person's body.

Fine, we'll try the antimagic. I think, however, that it's going to have to be, primarily, a range increase on Tubikh Rrahim. If Tubikh Rrahim can reach Extreme range, then we're set. Otherwise, we're just going to have to advance into antimagic range.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: July 05, 2017, 09:03:03 am »

I think we should improve the quanity of our Airships and improve WoR to decrease their arty by another range increment. I can see Extreme Range Anti-Magic working though.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: July 05, 2017, 09:12:25 am »

Now that madman has brought it up, I was hoping eS could comment on the ballista/cannon thing. Our ballista is listed as expensive mundane, which I'm guessing is a different set of expense levels to magical, what with there being only one apprentice per squad. It would imply that an expensive mundane object is about as common as a cheap magical object. So even if their cannons are cheap magical objects (because I refuse to believe they're cheap mundane) we should have equal numbers of artillery. Following that with how we need less wizards per ballista, we should have more ballista active at any one time than they do cannons.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: July 05, 2017, 09:22:34 am »

In fact, Kashyyk, it's worse than that:
Their EXPENSIVE magical shells are the only things that can reach Extreme range under the new conditions.

So, my thoughts: If the design goes well, we roll out a revision or our adamantine armor. If it goes REALLY well and we Preserve Tubikh Rrahims controllability, which, now I think about it, isn't going to be hard at all, we can use the revision to improve our new storm control spell. Namely, making it easier to control, so that the beyond-the-horizon lightning can be easily controlled...or rather, more easily controlled.

We get +1, +2, +3, etc. to lightning and wind, we've been using them for decades. We need to put that to use. And yes, antimagic too. Let's try it, I guess. Also, let's try and get that desert ruling overturned, because I'm still confused as to how that happened.

EDIT: Or we use the revision to turn our tornadoes deadly, even without debris to throw.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: July 05, 2017, 09:41:49 am »

They have simply more mages overall (because their school bumps the number of apprentices up)

Moskurg has more highly trained mages (because your school bumps some of the apprentices to wizards).

They have cheap artillery, but it isnt as widely used as it could be because they're running out of apprentices. 

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: July 05, 2017, 09:51:46 am »

Yes, they have more apprentices.

Which mostly DIE, until now, because they're sent up with flares, shot dead, and then more are sent up and the process repeats.

Does their artillery require full wizards, or just apprentices?

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: July 05, 2017, 09:54:23 am »

Apprentices.  Nearly every mage they have works their artillery, and it's still not enough to field every gun.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: July 05, 2017, 09:55:28 am »

Clearly we just need to find a way to reduce the numbers of mages they have.

Form our own Anti-mage sniper squad?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: July 05, 2017, 10:07:22 am »

Yeah, how on earth did they get this ultra-special antimage special forces and we don't get something like extreme cavalry of firestorm-grenading death or super-specialized carpet wizards?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: July 05, 2017, 10:11:00 am »

Just a Thought, but why not use our god to make a spell to speak to the souls of our dead solders and gain information we couldn't otherwise know this round (Divination + Necromancy)? Next round we Start asking our god to Resurrect our, and Arstotzka's fallen troops with the souls of our Many dead troops temporary, (Ruining their moral), Finally we Ask our god to send us angels Straight from heaven, the souls of our troops in solid form, to fight off the armys of Arstotzka.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 10:12:35 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: July 05, 2017, 10:13:34 am »

Yeah, how on earth did they get this ultra-special antimage special forces and we don't get something like extreme cavalry of firestorm-grenading death or super-specialized carpet wizards?

They spent a design on it 30 years ago and have been steadily upgrading them since.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: July 05, 2017, 10:21:27 am »

Was it a different Arms Race that forbade....oh. That might've been Intercontinental.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: July 05, 2017, 10:30:16 am »

Right, let's set whining about Arstotzka winning aside. That won't help us.

Improved fliers would be the correct conventional action. If people really think that we still stand a chance fighting conventionally, I'll vote for Skyskiffs. Explosive shells would be a good revision, using conventional materials just like our flammable shells so that if we do go with Operation Finality, they'll still work.

But I really want to make the argument for an anti-magic wunderwaffle. Cos if whatever we design doesn't let us hold the desert- and bear in mind they are designing new stuff too (probably a tank upgrade)- then we'll be fighting on the walls of our capital, and we won't have the time for theoretical projects anymore. 
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 217