Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199626 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2550 on: June 21, 2017, 02:45:12 am »

(1) Defy Resistance Egan_BW
(0) Detect Sniper
(3) Heretic's Downfall: Madman198237, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Yeah sure. Pretty much the same stance as NUKE.

I suspect you'll be wanting to try Mythril again next design, hey Madman?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 21, 2017, 07:02:36 am »

Well, yes.

Because it's a good idea.

Further personal attacks may be directed to the nearest waste receptacle.

But seriously. It's a better plan. One idea hopes to have lightning strike people, the other strike crystal. And we're probably safe, since eS has specifically said he does not want back-and-forth of counter/counter-counter/counter-counter-counter crap. Because that would be unimaginative, and terribly uninteresting. The battle reports would like read something along the lines of "Well, Group of Idiots #1 countered Group of Idiot's #2's last counter, while GoI #2 countered their new counter, preemptively. Nothing has changed, read last battle report and add 1 to all gains."
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: June 21, 2017, 12:26:03 pm »

Quote from: Revision Votes
(1) Defy Resistance Egan_BW
(0) Detect Sniper
(4) Heretics' Downfall: Madman198237, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, AC
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 21, 2017, 02:11:25 pm »

Revision: Heretics' Downfall [4]
Essentially just a firmer grasp of command over the elements of lightning, Heretics' Downfall is a method to draw the route of a bolt of lightning for it.  Lightning prefers the path of least resistance, but through this spell we can "encourage" it down another path instead.

We can't make lightning do impossible feats, however; we can't make a bolt of lightning travel in one direction through water, dispell the jagged lines as it travels along, or make it resist the allure of the earth below, but we should be able to make it jump from the lightning rod towards the enemy.  We haven't figured out how to make it "seek" enemy crystal, sadly, but at least now we have a way around their lightning rods...at least, until they develop something better.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:26:16 pm by evictedSaint »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: June 21, 2017, 02:23:46 pm »

Is this a premonition that they're already working on something else?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: June 21, 2017, 02:25:37 pm »

I'm pre-empting the salt for when they design a counter for your counter for their counter for your counter.

Please vote on the thesis to present.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: June 21, 2017, 02:57:36 pm »

So, I'm not sure how much 'original research' the princess is allowed to do. Provided she is allowed to study topics we have yet to investigate, I present:
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: June 21, 2017, 03:49:31 pm »

Well, the thesis is not specifically a written thesis. We all appear to have had the knee-jerk "Oh great, essay" reaction (Or maybe you guys are all terrible overachievers halfway decent writers and therefore enjoy essays more than me and my aching wrist), but other "Thesis" projects include streamlined circuitry. Meaning gadgetry.

Our Princess has become a little unstable, enjoys daring tricks, and enjoys accurately zapping things with wands of lightning. (It seemed more reasonable than trying to overjustify a foray into our Wand of Heroism's wondrous traits)
Speaking of which, should we use the Wand next turn? Perhaps we could devise a version that increases intelligence, improving our research, strategies, and tactics.

Oops, hope I don't get edit-ninja'd.

I'll try and set up a vote box here. Let me know if I've managed to miss a thesis proposal.
Quote from: Thesises! Thesi? Thesisses?
0 Weather Magic in the Light of Allah's Will (More control over weather magic):
0 Stellar Divination (Seeing the future):
1 Magical Propulsion (Improved carpets [Carpet-shaped again!]): Madman198237
Shameless self-vote again, I know, but I really think we stand the best chance if we do something that would cater to our heir's tastes. And plus, who doesn't agree that royalty flying to meetings on a carpet (That isn't awkwardly rolled up and saddled) isn't the best kind of royalty?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:22:35 am by Madman198237 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: June 21, 2017, 06:04:14 pm »

...at least, until they develop something better.
Uh-huh. No back and forth, you said.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: June 21, 2017, 07:23:31 pm »

I agree with Egan.

If they nerf lightning, we dissolve crystals.

It's only fair.

(Blackmailing the GM! WOOO! Wait, are you guys SURE this is a good idea?)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: June 21, 2017, 07:48:19 pm »

I agree with Egan.

If they nerf lightning, we dissolve crystals.

It's only fair.

(Blackmailing the GM! WOOO! Wait, are you guys SURE this is a good idea?)
(Y̷̢̭̥̼̮̲̘̰̞͓̦̩̱̥̥̓ͪ͋ͦ̈́͒͐̂̽̏ͤ̉ͭ̉̓͋ͨ͢͢ͅ.̸̴̯͎͕̤͕͍̤̫͈͙͖̈̃̿̿͑̊̈́͋ͫ̅ͬ͊̕ͅ ̴͉͙̘̣̦̱͔̰̟̱̣͎͍̩̙̩̼̬̣̄͌́͂̈́̎ͫ̚̕͝Ḝ̶̛̭̲̲͓̤̭̙̜̙̤̜̱̺̬̳̭͒̄̒ͮ̌̋.̷̭̖̻̻̞̤̣͕̾ͣ̇̈̂̽̈͋̓ͫ͑̿̚̚͜ ̷̨͇̟̜̱̞̲̪ͦ̆͒̋ͩ̏̋̎́͠S̵ͤ͐ͥ͋̉͒́̿̓̎͆҉̗͎̰̝̮̖̟̜̟.͛ͫ̈́́̓͂͐ͧͩͭͯ̿̎̊ͯ̚͏̜̘̪̱͍̼̝͇̳)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: June 22, 2017, 03:04:47 am »

Hmm. I think Madman's thesis is the best option so far, certainly the most appropriate to her character, whilst not being overly ambitious.
Although, it could maybe use some more detail? Like, how did she make the carpet stay carpet-shaped? Maybe some description of her research process? I dunno.

Quote from: Thesises! Thesi? Thesisses? (It's Theses)
2 Magical Propulsion (Improved carpets [Carpet-shaped again!]): Madman198237, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 22, 2017, 06:22:13 am »

Madman's was actually quite similar to a thesis I was meaning to write, so I'll get behind that too.

Quote from: Thesises! Thesi? Thesisses? (It's Theses)
3 Magical Propulsion (Improved carpets [Carpet-shaped again!]): Madman198237, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: June 22, 2017, 07:21:07 am »

If you guys want, I can propose HOW, although I was, as you may have noticed, writing it from the point of view of an observer. In fact, I think I know a bit about how....

OK, modified. It's a bit more detailed now. I think that that will work, but please, somebody check it for me.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 07:23:07 am by Madman198237 »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: June 22, 2017, 08:58:15 am »

290 words so I have plenty of room to expand on things. Any recommendations?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 12:49:00 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 217