Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199621 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2505 on: June 20, 2017, 10:30:05 am »

We can revise in better adamantine, spending a full design is wasteful. More mages will mean we'll have more of our spells going out and be able to deploy more spell-heavy constructs like the airship.
Quote from: Design Vote Tally
(5) Magical Academy: detoxicated, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Happerry, Taricus
(4) Mithril: Madman198237, Egan_BW, AC, khang36
(0) Anti-Crystal Sonic Shells:
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: June 20, 2017, 10:33:49 am »

Quote from: Design Vote Tally
(6) Magical Academy: detoxicated, Kashyyk, NUKE9.13, Happerry, Taricus, Egan_BW
(3) Mithril: Madman198237, AC, khang36
(0) Anti-Crystal Sonic Shells:

I'm fine with either, I just don't want to waste time on a tie.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: June 20, 2017, 10:35:01 am »

Seems like the academy is winning.  I'll roll up designs in an hour or so.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: June 20, 2017, 10:43:20 am »

No, we won't waste a design, and no, it's not revision scale.

This aims to upgrade every single weapon and armor system we have.
If that isn't worth a design, for surety if NOTHING else, then nothing is.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: June 20, 2017, 10:44:46 am »

The infrastructure to use a magical metal everywhere is already in place, all we need to do is swap out the metal in question.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: June 20, 2017, 10:48:49 am »

Really?

Well then, can we agree that the best result this turn is to make it nigh-impossible for the enemies to continue sniping down our mages? An academy is CUTE, but we're losing mages and commanders faster than Arstotzka produces salt, and, to use technical phrase, ain't good. Producing this metal in a DESIGN gives it all the qualities we want, guaranteed, and also ensures the price doesn't jump or anything. We aren't "slightly" improving this metal, we're making it incredibly hard and simultaneously very tough. Also, doing it this way saves the REVISION for armor that will protect our men, especially our valuable mages, from Arstotzkan handcannons.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: June 20, 2017, 10:50:56 am »

We can revise Adamantine's tensile strength and hardness.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: June 20, 2017, 10:51:31 am »

But you see we don't care that they are killing our mages we just care that we can get more mages to replace the ones we lost.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: June 20, 2017, 12:16:25 pm »

Which is a good way to negate our numbers entirely.

First we keep them from killing off our mages, THEN we get more mages. The first option does EXACTLY what the second one does, in effect. It just does it better, since we'll also gain protection for our officers and, hopefully, our regular troops.

So, TLDR:
Mithril does everything the Academy does, but better, with advantages for other areas.

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: June 20, 2017, 12:22:49 pm »

While i my self would prefer the mitheral the advantage of the academy is that we will have more mages to fill in the roles that mitheral will not help in like having enough mages for our balistas and war pagisis

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: June 20, 2017, 12:26:29 pm »

If we can keep them from getting killed, and upgrade our infantry, we won't NEED ballistae. But next turn we can spend the design and get all the mages we need, AND we'll have durable airships for them to fly, AND they'll be armored better than the Arstotzkans. And we will look extremely cool.

And plus, if SMMI gets in here to vote, Mithril might end up leading again. Although I gotta check numbers. Nope, it'll tie up again.

Hopefully they see some of my arguments for Mithril. I really think it'll work better, seeing as how it prevents us from merely having more mages to lose.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: June 20, 2017, 12:29:31 pm »

Honestly I think my big arguments against mithril is that we can revise adamantine, the stuff is basically that malleable in it's properties, and then name of the new substance (I mean, mithril? You're joking right? Come up with something better :P )

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: June 20, 2017, 12:38:41 pm »

Why not mithril? It has pretty much exactly the properties I'm looking for.

And no, it's not revision scale. It upgrades almost every single piece of our military equipment that is worth using right now.
And for the revision, we can make armor almost equal to Arstotzka's, except lighter and worn by troops that are more plentiful.

Also, like I said: By keeping the Arstotzkans from shooting down, sinking, or just regular ol' shooting our mages, we get exactly what you want to get, and then some.

Emphasis, emphasis everywhere!

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: June 20, 2017, 12:43:30 pm »

:/

So, creating all-new armour is a revision. But making a stronger variant of Adamantium is a design?

Anyway, I understand what you are trying to say, I just disagree. I think more mages = more mages, whereas stronger metal = maybe slightly increased mage survivability.
Long Live United Forenia!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: June 20, 2017, 12:48:33 pm »

Yep more mages but screw our normal forces they can deal with the enemy's new armor with what they have at hand.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 217