Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199576 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #2325 on: June 10, 2017, 03:50:57 pm »

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Quote from: Votes
(0)Cannon of Allah -
(0)Passive Antichronic Reverbramancy -
(2)Wrath of Allah - NUKE9.13, Kashyyk
(0)Heat from Hell -
(0)Propulsion Tube -
[/quote]

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: June 10, 2017, 04:02:05 pm »

Well, Kashyyk, that would work...but you'd still have to know where they are. Much better just to work from the deck of an airship. Perhaps we COULD go BLOS (Beyond Line Of Sight), but it wouldn't be worth it since the Spear now functions properly. We are getting +3's to our rolls with wind magic. We need to go on...a roll (BA DUM TSSH) and fix ALL our wind spells to do what they should have. If we can make a new spell/fix Gust of Wind or Cyclone Shield to intercept cannonballs or enemy arrows, we could likely win this war without problems.

Oh, and I just realized---why do we NEED to see them? We can just call down Storm Strike over a large enough area to catch them, which is something that the Wrath spell will allow. Also, it only takes (As I understand it) one mage to call down the Hammer right now. It is only Very Expensive because the spell relies on Storm Strike, which is Very Expensive.

Speaking of revamping them, stockpiling ideas for designs in the upcoming turns:
Directed Fury (See what I did there?)
By harnessing the winds that are now always swirling around our armies, this spell, which requires the concentration of one or more mages to maintain, deflects enemy arrows and cannonballs, whilst leaving ours unaffected. By manipulating the patterns and swirls in the storm's own winds, a mage or group of mages can feel the difference between the smooth slice of an adamantine arrowhead, the fast travel of a ballista bolt, the irregular movement of a liquid-filled Firestorm Shell, and the disruptive trajectory of a spinning cannonball. Using the differences in feelings, the storm responds to the desires of the mage, and will alter the paths of any objects that enter the storm, be they people, arrows, or cannonballs. Cannonballs are usually pushed into the ground, sometimes even within the Arstotzkan lines of battle themselves. Arrows or other objects are tossed into the storm, usually never to be seen again, though testing has shown that an occasional stray arrow or Arstotzkan fiend large object can go slamming back into the battle lines of one side or the other.

If we sink next turn's design into the Academy, I'd be up for trying a revision to make our ships stronger. Perhaps enchantments that allow a mage controlling the ship to control the wind? With bonus points for harnessing winds from the storms we'll be summoning? But we NEED to call down the Wrath. This war has gone on long enough, and I think it's time to just go straight-out OP. Because eS's job NEEDS to be harder, y'know? Call down thunder (WHICH CAN BE DONE FROM OUR SHIPS!!!!) and then make our ships faster/generally better, and we'll be set. We can probably take back all the ground we've lost in ONE TURN by fusing their brand-new and probably delicate breechloading pieces of crap.

Well CRAP, you guys. I just spent all that time typing this out, and there's 6 replies and everybody I wanted to convince is already convinced. Ah well.

(0)Cannon of Allah -
(3)Wrath of Allah - NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237
(0)Heat from Hell -
(0)Propulsion Tube -
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: June 10, 2017, 04:04:39 pm »

(0)Cannon of Allah -
(3)Wrath of Allah - NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237
(0)Heat from Hell -
(0)Propulsion Tube -
(1)Directed Fury - Crazyabe
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: June 10, 2017, 04:05:59 pm »

Crazy, the idea is to use Directed Fury LATER

We can't use it right now, as we can't cast Storm Strike/Wrath of Allah in most locations.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: June 10, 2017, 04:12:36 pm »

(0)Cannon of Allah -
(4)Wrath of Allah - NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237, SMMI
(0)Heat from Hell -
(0)Propulsion Tube -

Now that we have accurate lightning, a Point Defense set up that someone suggested earlier might work, while also setting us up for automated war machines once we get the Divination Trigger>Lightning Shot sorted. Hells, we might be able to get automated airships with that angle.

Edit: We need to revise DDW asap because once we have the heat flowing, we can just literally call storms and lightning on their encampments 24/7. That we weren't doing this before the cold front is a travesty.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:20:57 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: June 10, 2017, 04:26:54 pm »

I was actually thinking we could perhaps revise Adamantium, to create a version with a higher temperature. Like, 30 degrees celsius. That way, our soldiers will all be nice and snug in their armour.
Improving DDW would also be good, though.
Long Live United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: June 10, 2017, 05:21:38 pm »

I was actually thinking we could perhaps revise Adamantium, to create a version with a higher temperature. Like, 30 degrees celsius. That way, our soldiers will all be nice and snug in their armour.
Improving DDW would also be good, though.
That would also be good. We have a lot invested in Weather which is why I was thinking DDW, for that synergy.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: June 10, 2017, 05:28:51 pm »

Different Idea: Make it Temperature controllable on creation.
This would allow us to make Bolt heads which will set their people on fire ON CONTACT, Though outside of use they may need to be contained in a more... Cool type of adimantium to prevent accidental Self immolation.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: June 10, 2017, 05:31:53 pm »

We need a full design turn's worth of effort in adamantine. We need it to have a clothlike form, and control over ALL its properties---Want Adamantine that is as hard as diamond, unbreakably strong, and hot enough to make Myark wish he could make that heat? GO AHEAD! Want adamantine that is supple as cloth yet impossible to damage, and the perfect heat for a set of clothing? SURE! Want adamantine so cold that it will freeze enemies on contact, shaped into a sword that can bend, yet has an edge the smiths of Damascus couldn't match? Let's do it.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: June 10, 2017, 07:55:42 pm »

On one hand, it'd allow for a lot of improvements, on the other it sounds like it would be a bit rough to pull off. Fuck it, let's do it next turn.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: June 10, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »

I like the Forenian enthusiasm: Perfectly aware of all the ways it is more likely to go wrong than to go well, and willing to do it anyway.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: June 10, 2017, 09:44:54 pm »

(0)Cannon of Allah -
(5)Wrath of Allah - NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237, SMMI, Happerry
(0)Heat from Hell -
(0)Propulsion Tube -
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: June 10, 2017, 10:11:37 pm »

Evicted, vote set.

Turn when? ;)

(Just messing with you. I'm going to sleep here soon, I don't have a use for a turn for the next twelve hours anyway!)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: June 11, 2017, 12:03:19 am »

Also, haldo S34N1C, it's been a while, how've things been?
Can't complain much, been a bit busy tho. Graduated highschool, got a job. Going pretty good

(0)Cannon of Allah -
(6)Wrath of Allah - NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, Madman198237, SMMI, Happerry, S34N1C
(0)Heat from Hell -
(0)Propulsion Tube -
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: June 11, 2017, 12:29:57 am »

Evicted, vote set.

Turn when? ;)

(Just messing with you. I'm going to sleep here soon, I don't have a use for a turn for the next twelve hours anyway!)

I'm not waiting on you guys : P
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 217