Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199342 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1980 on: May 27, 2017, 03:33:19 pm »

Does that apply to anything else?  Our armor, after all is made of metal strips that are assembled elsewhere.  Or does the price need to be reduced to Cheap to affect those?

Also, do our researchers feel that slightly-stronger than steel but impressively light is the limit for the new material, or are further improvements in strength possible?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 03:37:42 pm by Devastator »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: May 27, 2017, 03:35:25 pm »

Sell the merchant War Pegasi: (1) NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: May 27, 2017, 03:41:00 pm »

Your process for producing all your mundane metal is the same.  I'd let you overhaul the process to use the metal in a revision, if you want.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: May 27, 2017, 03:47:31 pm »

Sell the merchant War Pegasi: (2) NUKE9.13, Kashyyk

Well, that's next turn's revision solved then.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: May 27, 2017, 03:53:28 pm »

Yeah, although the question of next turn's design is important.  If we go for adamantium cloth, we'll probably want to save the expense chit (as warming our troops and providing various strength bonuses would really require the cloth to be cheap, and it would certainly be a new design.)  We might go for the school then, getting a bonus to the cloth design, making adamantium cheaper, and probably helping make the cloth cheaper in the following turn's design.  It might also be a bonus to revving metal adamantium to be stronger at a future date.

Or we could ignore mithril cloth and spend an expense chit on adamantium, and rev it to be all our metal with one go.  Then next turn's design is free for a new spell, or a new ballista or something.

Or something competely different.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: May 27, 2017, 03:53:52 pm »

How does our naval commander feel about the new boat?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: May 27, 2017, 03:54:46 pm »

Or we could spend it on the Sirroco and let Arstotzka weep at a whole lot of ships being cannon-resistant.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: May 27, 2017, 03:58:08 pm »

Or we could spend it on the Sirroco and let Arstotzka weep at a whole lot of ships being cannon-resistant.

Yeah, that's an idea I could get behind.  We won't have it for the cloth then, so we'd probably better go with the design for a School of Theological Engineering.

The only question is if that would be overkill.  I'm not sure the new system would allow us to get more than one coastal section a turn, and I think we have gaining one about locked up without spending the expense chit.  If we could gain two, and chase them out of both side oceans, I would be very happy to spend it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:00:31 pm by Devastator »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: May 27, 2017, 04:00:54 pm »

Just wait and see what develops. I think that developing mithril in a THREAD form (Specifically not cloth---threads can be turned into ropes as well as cloth) would be infinitely valuable. As in, catapults capable of flying unrealistic loads because they're made with mithril cables and arms with lead weights the size of trailer trucks.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: May 27, 2017, 04:03:04 pm »

I'm thinking the biggest gain of being able to make mithril threads is the fixed temperature bit.  That would negate their cold magics, no matter how cold they make it.  Hence why I'm so concerned with making it cheap, so that we can have enough for everyone.  It would certainly be useful for ropes and sails, too.

Plus, I kinda want to have glowing capes with superheroism enchantments on them.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: May 27, 2017, 04:04:52 pm »

Lol for the capes.
Is adamantine more naturally enchantable than other metals? If it's not, I want to make it so.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: May 27, 2017, 04:07:47 pm »

I'm not certain if that matters, as all enchantments can't be cheaper than Expensive as that's our limit on our ability to enchant anything.

That said, that may be an intent if we design Mithril, as it doesn't need the strength of the metal form for thread or cloth, but the enchantments should still apply to the wearer.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:17:49 pm by Devastator »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: May 27, 2017, 04:17:00 pm »

...pretty sure we don't have the expense credit yet?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: May 27, 2017, 04:17:41 pm »

...Yeah, that's right.  Whoops.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: May 28, 2017, 04:13:37 am »

Hmm. Thinking about it some more, I actually like the idea of making Mithril cloth. Reason being, having fireproof cloth would let us build the Alsamma Safina and not have it get destroyed by a single fireball, which I now realise was a major weakness of the initial design. With the 'balloon' made of Mithril, and the 'ship' coated in Adamantium, we'd have a formidable vessel capable of weathering anything the Arstotzkans can throw at it. Soldiers on board could easily shoot down their eagles with bows, and besides, the tiny little anti-magic gems they carry wouldn't be enough to disable the entire ship.   
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 217