Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199113 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1665 on: May 09, 2017, 03:02:36 pm »

The Desert Winds brings the warm, moist air from the southern seas, passes it over the hot desert, and then clashes with the cold front from Arstotzka.  Clear Skies works by pushing clouds around, so Clearing the Sky would dispell the Desert Winds.

Don't forget, you guys have an expense credit.

Polling closes in ten minutes.

Warm, light rain is not a problem for Moskurg troops everywhere except the developing trenches in the east, and even then our troops are poised to push the enemy out.  It is certainly less of a disadvantage than the freezing cold.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 09, 2017, 03:05:24 pm »

So it's dice-rolled if there's a tie?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 09, 2017, 03:05:37 pm »

Got it.

Would using the expense credit on Desert Winds get us anything other than saving some mages?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 09, 2017, 03:08:24 pm »

Expense credit could be used to lower the cost of whatever we design this turn, because frankly both options stand a decent chance of entering in to NE territory.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: May 09, 2017, 03:09:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm not advocating using it now. But if using the expense credit could allow us to deploy the Desert Winds spell more, or, rather, using the same number of mages for greater effect, we might be able to get another level of warming out of it. Maybe.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 09, 2017, 03:11:40 pm »

I haven't given much thought as to what a cheaper Desert Winds would do.  If you can justify the effect of having it cheaper, I'll accept that.

Polling closed.
Coin flip has favored flying carpets.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 09, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »

You could say... Our troops are sky-high... I'll go now.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 09, 2017, 03:18:15 pm »

Well, like I said, cheaper means that, for the same amount of mages, it will amplify the power they're pouring into the spell. Who knows, perhaps you can justify the use of the expense credit as extra production/money used to make copies of al-Mutriqa's Guide to Manipulating the Natural Patterns of Weather in Forenia to the Advantage of Moskurger Forces, Praise be to Allah

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 09, 2017, 03:23:33 pm »

I was also somewhat worried that something that flies through magic spells will have issues if they invent antimagic.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 09, 2017, 03:24:38 pm »

Could we please Do the adamantium next turn then i dont mean to bicker but we have promoted it for so long. ..

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 09, 2017, 03:26:49 pm »

Their antimagic is limited to arrows/cannon balls, so I'm confidant our carpets can mostly keep out of range of that. (It's easier to shoot with a bow down than up after all)

Assuming nothing else direly needs our attention, I'm not against Adamantium next turn either.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 09, 2017, 03:28:04 pm »

I'd kinda rather have flying eagles than carpets, but I'm not opposed to carpets, all in all.  Here's hoping we get some good rolls.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 09, 2017, 03:46:22 pm »

If it makes you feel better about the coin flip, my vote would have gone to the carpets anyway, but I had school so  :P
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 09, 2017, 03:51:39 pm »

Im not oposed to the coin flip and carpets.  I only wanna see the enchanted gear asap

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 09, 2017, 04:22:41 pm »

This would not be enchanted steel. We will NOT settle for half-measures like enchanting steel. It MUST be permanent.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 217