Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 217

Author Topic: Wands Race - [Moskurg] {COMPLETED}  (Read 199112 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race - [Moskurg]
« Reply #1335 on: May 01, 2017, 05:50:33 am »

They can't shoot our walls if their crews are dead and on fire though!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 01, 2017, 05:51:54 am »

Enchanted Ballista (3): Taricus, Kashyyk, Egan_BW
Mirage Cloak: haperry
Enchanted Lamellar (1): detoxicated

Since our lamellar is very cheap an enchantment would boost our army entirely, even our horses would benefit from it once we made that revision. I feel it would be a superiour boon just like lucky shot and the telewands

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 01, 2017, 06:02:05 am »

Hmm. We may be content to lose the mountains, actually. I mean, obviously we'd rather not, but in the long run I think we have a better chance in the jungle. Attacking the mountains was mostly about denying them resources and distracting their armies. We don't need to hold the mountains continuously to achieve those goals.

...I guess illusion magic has potential. It may be worth the cost to branch out. Alright, I'll vote for the Mirage Cloak. We have plenty of mirages in our native desert. We can study this natural magic (for it is surely magic), and replicate it to hide our forces, or make it seem like they are elsewhere. It won't be much use for our formations, which are too large to disguise, or our forts, but our artillery, skirmishers, and ships can use it well.

Enchanted Ballista (3): Taricus, Kashyyk, Egan_BW
Mirage Cloak: (2) Happerry, NUKE9.13
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 01, 2017, 06:04:09 am »

well, we do need to be able to hold the mountains now to keep them from getting more armies; we reinforce faster than they do.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 01, 2017, 06:13:03 am »

well, we do need to be able to hold the mountains now to keep them from getting more armies; we reinforce faster than they do.
Yeah, but even if we lose a section this year, we won't be facing reinforcements until two years from now. And we could develop something new to attack the mountains with before that.

That reminds me, I have a stupid idea. It involves using an Order, which is always risky.

The idea is thus: We send a force of cavalry into the Taiga. Not to actually invade it, but to make a ruckus, and make it seem like we are invading. This will force the enemy to pull troops away from other theatres to protect their homelands- whilst we have not actually committed a serious force, and are thus at full strength in those theatres.
Illusion magic would be useful for this, as we could use it to make our forces seem more substantial than they actually are.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 01, 2017, 06:14:26 am »

We don't need illusions to go on raids on undefended settlements, just the order.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 01, 2017, 06:18:17 am »

Since our lamellar is very cheap an enchantment would boost our army entirely, even our horses would benefit from it once we made that revision. I feel it would be a superiour boon just like lucky shot and the telewands
My issue with this is that you are assuming that adding an Enchantment to our Lamellar won't raise the cost, and I can not bring myself to believe that is true. If nothing else, unless we manage to automate the enchantment, we'll be adding the necessity for wizards to show up and do the enchanting, and I don't believe we have enough skilled wizards to make products made by said wizards cheap.

...Also, on that note, can we do some sort of project to get more wizards sometime? Because if we could get more wizards, or specialty enchanters or whatever, enough to make enchanted gear cheap, that'd be pretty nice.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 01, 2017, 07:05:38 am »

Good point. I believe you're onto something there. Imagine we invent said enchanted lamellar. At first it is only stuff for commanders and maybe special units. Then in the next run we invent the Enchantment workshop, which would specialize in soldier equipment, but could also be tasked to enchant our ballistas as well. I think we have many useful spells, like gust of wind, cyclone shield, and lucky strike that could be woven into our troops equipment. Imagine a longbow with lucky strike installed. Shields with cyclone shields, halberds with gust of wind function. Heck helmets of teletalk even...

I truley believe with what we have in terms of spell is low level enough to be translated into enchantings of equipment, yet powerful enough for normal troops to actually gain alot from it.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 01, 2017, 07:11:52 am »

Enchanted Ballista (3): Taricus, Kashyyk, Egan_BW, S34N1C
Mirage Cloak: (2) Happerry, NUKE9.13
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 01, 2017, 07:14:58 am »

We should sell our Zen Inception.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 01, 2017, 07:23:38 am »

I'd prefer to sell the Cyclone Shield. We've already sold one kind of wind magic, so if this comes back to trouble us at least whatever trouble it is will only have one branch of our arts.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 01, 2017, 07:40:38 am »

I say we sell him storm strike as well
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 01, 2017, 07:45:09 am »

Correction, we sell him clear skies. Nothing like messing around with the weather to impress buyers.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 01, 2017, 07:50:19 am »

I believe he is still mostly interested in equipment? We sold him Gust of Wind because that was cast using a purpose-built wand. I don't think we can just sell him any old spell (evictedSaint, can confirm?)

We could sell him the Teletalk wands, though again, if he subsequently sells them to the Arstotzkans, we'd be in trouble.
On the other hand, he didn't sell them our Gust of Wind wands... or at least, we haven't seen any sign of that.

Hmm. Perhaps, if we have nothing better to do, we could use our revision to reverse-engineer the wand of heroism, then sell him the original? It might be useful to do so anyway- could be useful for skirmishers.

I dunno if anyone's watched Saga of Tanya the Evil, but you guys are doing your damnedest to turn this game into that.
Having now watched some of it, I can only say: isn't that an aspirational goal? We should definitely look into developing flying spells so that our mages can act as artillery spotters and air support.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 08:49:19 am by NUKE9.13 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 01, 2017, 07:56:21 am »

I Suggest we sell some of our fire pots to him (Wrapped more heavily in cloth then normal because we don't want them breaking open on the way back with him) because although they might not be magic, they ARE amazingly fiery.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 217