Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread] [EvictedSaint's Run]  (Read 43929 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread] [EvictedSaint's Run]
« Reply #240 on: May 02, 2017, 06:20:04 pm »

Moskurg has not returned Arstotzkan prisoners since Arstotzka began openly executing all who surrendered to them.  You do not know what they do with Arstotzkan prisoners.

If there is interest for it, we could open up a Geneva Convention agreement between the two sides

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 02, 2017, 06:36:39 pm »

AKA you guys are a bunch of cruel, horrible bastards and thus should be ashamed about your treatment of prisoners.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 02, 2017, 06:43:03 pm »

AKA you guys are a bunch of cruel, horrible bastards and thus should be ashamed about your treatment of prisoners.

Unlike some nations, we don't take prisoners. I doubt suffering in whatever hellhole you've put our soldiers is any better than a quick and painless death.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 02, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »

One should never be ashamed of culinary expertise!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 02, 2017, 07:33:08 pm »

You know what's funny?

They're kept nice and safe in a work camp somewhere. I mean, I think so. The Black Ops division handles brutal murders humane treatment of prisoners.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2017, 10:29:01 am »

So hey, Arstotzkans. Long time no talk. How's it going over there?

We're doing just fine, thanks for asking. I won't mention any details, but I think our latest invention stands poised to change the nature of warfare (again), this time in a way that you will not be able to replicate. I predict increased success on all fronts, eventually leading to our (always inevitable) victory.
Long Live United Forenia!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2017, 10:33:59 am »

Is it a Wand of Smugness?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2017, 11:26:23 am »

Doing fine. Just making several more non-magical advances centuries ahead of our time. You know, like every other Tuesday over here. Go suck a dick.

Glory to Arstotzka.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2017, 11:34:46 am »

Just you wait until Arstotzka creates the first patent office then patents your so-called ""invention"".
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2017, 03:02:08 pm »

Okay, Moskurg. Quick question.

How much turns did you spend developing that carpet?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 11, 2017, 03:12:46 pm »

Hmm... considering it is the culmination of all our wind-magic expertise... 21 years?

If you want to get salty, how many turns did you spend developing rifled barrels (a development so ludicrously anachronistic that it makes your plate armour look tame)? Or, for that matter, steam engine-powered ironclads?

But seriously. We had the ability to do pretty much anything with wind magic. Primitive (and let me assure you, it is primitive) flight was by no means beyond our ability. Is it an extremely powerful invention? Yes, absolutely. But such is the nature of the game, coming up with clever ways of doing powerful things. If every development was to be strictly of the same power level, we'd be going back and forth just developing "+1 to a single area" forever, never making any progress.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 11, 2017, 03:16:30 pm »

Even if the traditional depiction of flying carpets wasn't adhered to with these things. Also we did save our expense credit up to use them on.

Either way if we find any tar pits on that taiga, we're going to introduce Arstotzka to the concept of global warming :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 11, 2017, 03:41:18 pm »

Or, for that matter, steam engine-powered ironclads?

5 Actions.

5 Actions, and the design still occasionally explodes, still sinks easily, and still breaks down if you look at it wrong.

Also, they're not Ironclads. They have no armor at all.

You get bonuses to inventing completely new designs, while we get to deal with -3 penalties to just marginally improve upon our cannons.

But such is the nature of the game, coming up with clever ways of doing powerful things.

The problem is, if we try something clever, or even something simple, we get a -3 penalty.

From what the GM has said, you actually got bonuses on this design, which is absurd beyond the point of ridicule.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:45:14 pm by 10ebbor10 »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 11, 2017, 03:50:22 pm »

Or, for that matter, steam engine-powered ironclads?

5 Actions.

5 Actions, and the design still occasionally explodes, still sinks easily, and still breaks down if you look at it wrong.

Also, they're not Ironclads. They have no armor at all.
...hmm.

You get bonuses to inventing completely new designs, while we get to deal with -3 penalties to just marginally improve upon our cannons.
Marginal improvements like rifling? Rifling may be a marginal improvement, but it is complicated AF.

But such is the nature of the game, coming up with clever ways of doing powerful things.

The problem is, if we try something clever, or even something simple, we get a -3 penalty.

From what the GM has said, you actually got bonuses on this design, which is absurd beyond the point of ridicule.
Hmm. You got to know how to word things. I don't know what sort of designs you are getting -3 penalties on, but I would guess it involves some complicated, borderline implausible developments.
Whereas we worded flying carpets as combining several fields we already had experience in, in a relatively simple way. We didn't get a bonus to the design, or rather we did, but it was countered by an equivalent penalty, so the net effect was +0.
...seriously, what did you try to do that got you a -3 penalty?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 11, 2017, 03:58:54 pm »

Seriously guys, stop bickering, this is too much fun to be like this... Sure here and there there was 1 and there was 6 but such is the nature of this game.
As a medieval civ with magic it seems to me that steampower is more difficult to achieve than meddling with wind magic, but we had some bitter moments
on our side as well. The gm is trying to balance this as much as he can, cut him some slack...

Thank you evictedsaint to keep this game running, I enjoy it very much, especially for the weird things.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36