Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread] [EvictedSaint's Run]  (Read 43976 times)

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
Re: Wands Race: Magic in Forenia [Core Thread]
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2017, 10:46:29 am »

I dunno where Nuke got 3.7, but doing the math again I can assure you our average research and revision rolls are 3.19

Edit: Well, we also got a revision and expense credit, too.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 10:50:10 am by evictedSaint »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2017, 08:09:32 pm »

As someone who defected to the shadowy spectators: Powerful creations on both sides this turn, and this combat round should be brutal.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2017, 08:18:19 pm »

I've got a good feeling about this one.  This and the next few rounds are going to be...interesting.

I'm pretty sure the irrecoverable slide one way or another will happen some time in the next three turns.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2017, 10:55:59 am »

Bare bones update because feeling rough today.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2017, 11:06:36 am »

And I think the complaining will make it somewhat rougher. Namely that the Arstotzkan plate armour is... pretty much unealistic. Had it been just breastplate I could understand but NO-ONE in europe had any form of plate armour (Baring the helm) until the 14th century. Not to mention that such armour isn't exactly the best thing to wade through mud in (And there's PLENTY of that around)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2017, 11:10:39 am »

Your horse archers apparently had no trouble at all dealing with it either, so I'm pretty sure you're overestimating the amount of mud.

Also, we've been working on this thing for a while. I think at this point there are 3 sixes in it's construction?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:12:58 am by 10ebbor10 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2017, 11:14:31 am »

Oh hush you. We worked hard on that armor. And to say that plate armor is unrealistic while your soldiers have homing arrows and mind reading is a bit silly. Eh, mud schmud, maybe your soldiers who've never seen rain fear a little wet dirt, but not our strong Arstotzkan soldiers. Half our land is swamps lol.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2017, 11:16:22 am »

And I think the complaining will make it somewhat rougher. Namely that the Arstotzkan plate armour is... pretty much unealistic. Had it been just breastplate I could understand but NO-ONE in europe had any form of plate armour (Baring the helm) until the 14th century. Not to mention that such armour isn't exactly the best thing to wade through mud in (And there's PLENTY of that around)
Neither did they have fireballs. :/
A certain level of unrealism is expected. Although I will admit I was disappointed to read about their (extremely)heavy troops managing to wade through mud without issue.
We just need to come up with something even better.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2017, 11:18:48 am »

Well, mundane technology I somewhat expect some measure of progression atleast. To come out with gothic-style plate armour does break that suspension of disbelief. Same with those same troops wading through mud with no problem.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2017, 11:24:01 am »

I'm pretty sure there's nowhere near as mud as you appear to think. I mean, we're not fighting the battle of Passchendaele.

Also, fire ball + mud => no more mud.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2017, 11:28:51 am »

That'd require more fireballs than you have Ebbor.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2017, 11:36:49 am »

A messenger rides into Arstotzka, but he is quickly intercepted.  He's imprisoned and his belongings confiscated, including a letter addressed to Myark himself.  Arstotzka officials debate long into the night about what to do about this letter - everything from the possibility of Moskurg trickery to the ethics of opening someone elses mail.  The candles burn to the nub, and impassioned arguments by both sides are shouted over decreasingly full pitchers of Arstotzkan beer.

Finally, though, Arstotzkan honor won out. 

Many disagreed with the decision, but the letter was delivered to Myark unopened.  A full guard of elite soldiers and wizards stood by in case the letter turned out to be a ploy of some kind.  The hospital was packed full with officials and guards and all manner of the magically inclined.  In his hospital bed, the Great Myark gingerly broke the wax seal with a finger and unfolded the letter.  Several minutes passed as he read it and contemplated what it said, and the crowd began to grow anxious.

"Well?  What does it say?" asked Ulsuf the Bear, one of Arstotzka's primer battle commanders.  He gripped his longsword a bit tighter.

Slowly, Myark handed him the letter and turned to stare out the window, pensive.  With shaking hands, Ulsuf opened the parchment.  Others crowded over his shoulders to read, eager to see what message could have occupied the Great Myark's mind so.  Ulsuf read aloud as he went, his deep voice filling the room.

"Dear Myark,
Get well soon.
Love, al-Mutriqa."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2017, 11:47:07 am »

In case of disputes, duels happen when you both have your master wizards in the same territory, and to avoid confusing duelling mechanics whichever side has the overall victory in that territory is the victor.  So since Moskurg won the plains battles and Arstotzka and Moskurg both had their wizards there, Myark got it in the shorts.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2017, 03:49:49 pm »

Hey Arstotzka, what's it like to execute prisoners?  We've never tried it, and we're curious what it feels like to slaughter helpless, unarmed prisoners.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2017, 04:25:11 pm »

Hey Arstotzka, what's it like to execute prisoners?  We've never tried it, and we're curious what it feels like to slaughter helpless, unarmed prisoners.

Much better than the feeling you get knowing you could have saved those men if you paid their ransom.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36