Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding Tissue Layers to Specific Body Parts  (Read 1389 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Adding Tissue Layers to Specific Body Parts
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:25:24 am »

So let's say you wanted a creature with an armored body but that's it. No armor on the head or limbs, but an armored body. Presumably it would use PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER, but how do you go about doing this?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Adding Tissue Layers to Specific Body Parts
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 04:43:44 pm »

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:UPPERBODY:ARMOR] should do the trick. You can also modify any tissue layer tokens, like [TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:3] under it in a similar way as when you define materials and tissues.

Alternately, you can select the skin tissue layer on the upper body: [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:UPPERBODY] and use [LAYER_TISSUE:ARMOR] to change skin to metal.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 06:27:55 pm »

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:UPPERBODY:ARMOR] should do the trick. You can also modify any tissue layer tokens, like [TL_RELATIVE_THICKNESS:3] under it in a similar way as when you define materials and tissues.

Alternately, you can select the skin tissue layer on the upper body: [SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:UPPERBODY] and use [LAYER_TISSUE:ARMOR] to change skin to metal.

Thanks for the help! Right now I'm trying to create a creature with a thick shell over it's body, but not over much else.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 06:50:05 pm »

Actually, it didn't work.

Presumably BY_CATEGORY:UPPERBODY refers to the category of the body part, so BASIC_1PARTBODY should work if I change it too BY_CATEGORY:BODY. So the following chunk of code should work:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY:SHELL]Right? Because I inserted it and it didn't drop a shell.