Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Paradigm - Post Apocalyptic Point-and-Click Adventure - Releases 5th of April  (Read 875 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile

Sup everyone.

I've been distantly following the development of Paradigm, a weird but funny Point-and-Click Adventure game that's due to release on the next month.
I'm usually not interested by games of this genre, but I've found the weirdness, humor and development of this game pretty funny, so I guess there's some probability it might spike the interest of someone else here. And I absolutely love the art.
The whole thing reminds me a lot of the DOS era feeling and visuals.

The dev seems like a pretty chill and funny dude. I follow the game's page on Facebook and he always replies to folks' questions and comments. I also love how he'd randomly spend more time adding unnecessary stuff just because he thought it would get some laughs.
Here's the Youtube release trailer
Here's the game on Steam.
Here's some phat beatsies.

I doubt I'll be finishing it quickly, but I've been looking forward to it for a while. I'd link to some gameplay videos, but I don't think spoiling yourself is fun.
From what I've seen, the game includes all kinds of references, 80's aesthetics and some 4th wall breaking here and there.

PS: To be clear, I have absolutely no connections with the game. I thought there would be a thread already.
It feels weird making a thread for a game that's in a genre I know absolutely nothing about.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:52:05 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here's some phat beatsies.
That's the only trailer I need, it's bizarre enough that I'm keen for this game already.
Not quite the Turbo Kid-style aesthetic I was expecting from your description, but it still looks cool and clearly has a sense of humour.
I suck at point-'n'-clicks, though, but at least that doesn't stop me from trying them every so often. Oh gods I still need to go back and finish Dropsy...   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

That is very 'day of the tentacle', I love it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forgot to mention there's a demo out on the website (has been out for a while, and was recently updated), but I'd rather wait for the full thing.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Paradigm is out.
It offends me it's not on the front page as it seems to be get really good first-day reviews (or whatever).  :P
Insta-buy, no idea when I'll get to play.

EDIT: I played for an hour and only fully explored three areas. Its right up my alley, but I'm not sure if the constant jokes will be everyone's cup of tea.
Definitely worth trying the demo if you get any interest out of the trailers. At least to me, I can see the time/care spent on every detail of the game. You can even press "J" and click on things for developer commentary!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:25:14 pm by Gabeux »