Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70

Author Topic: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev  (Read 45117 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev
« Reply #795 on: April 18, 2017, 11:28:47 am »

A
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 18, 2017, 11:42:17 am »

A

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 18, 2017, 02:46:18 pm »

There ain't no rest for the wicked.

0*
As your men are getting slaughtered trying to cross the walls, you see the gates open, and a troop of cavalry comes charging out. The unprepared attackers suffer heavy losses to the daring counter-attack. It is not long before your men break, fleeing back to camp whilst arrows rain down on them.

You tally your losses for the day. An entire company of heavy infantry. A quarter of your remaining footsoldiers. Many archers. A skilled commander who was leading the charge.

Your men's morale is low after this stinging defeat. What do?

A-Attack again, and you will lead the charge personally this time!
B-Prepare siege weapons first, then attack again.
C-Lay siege to the fort.
D-End the siege.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 18, 2017, 02:58:29 pm »

C

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 18, 2017, 05:18:12 pm »

Christ. Erin can sure as heck win her share of battles, but she has the worst luck when it comes to mopping up what is left of the foe afterward.

I say we we quit before we wreck ourselves on an already defeated foe once more. D.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 18, 2017, 05:23:07 pm »

D, fuck it, you lot charged in without preparation and that's what we get.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 18, 2017, 05:38:02 pm »

Waaaiit a second, hold on.
The leader is dead, they have no reinforcements that we know of, and you people choose to rush the fort?

...why? Why?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 18, 2017, 06:02:04 pm »

Waaaiit a second, hold on.
The leader is dead, they have no reinforcements that we know of, and you people choose to rush the fort?

...why? Why?

I wont defend it as the smartest move...

But they were likely demoralized, and we don't know when and if another rebel lord might decide to stick their nose in our business (Donuk had allies, allies who lost men assualting our lands and might have further beef with us), so there was merit to trying to finish it as quickly as possible.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 18, 2017, 06:32:17 pm »

Except people tend to not get happier during a siege.
We have/had time to siege. It's not like an ally can hear Donuk's dead, then that we're sieging his former fort, then mobilize their soldiers then march over to us in a short period of time.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 18, 2017, 07:39:13 pm »

God... 0?

It was fear of a cristal calling reinforcements. And the fort had few men and a bunch of resources so it wouldn't starve.

Or B or D

A is stupid and C is useless.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 18, 2017, 08:20:51 pm »

Aanyways. Double or nothing! B!

I would also like to point out that even though we got a zero, it wasn't a complete loss. They suffered heavy casualties too. If we quickly recoup and launch a proper assault we can push that. A siege may give too much time for them to "recover".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 18, 2017, 08:49:14 pm »

...A 1.
And the interpretation of assault was "CHARGE THE FORT".
@_@
Ok medieval bop; a fortress was usually the garrison of the local armed forces and served as a localized base of security for the lands around--like how our local police stations are in modern times. They're ALWAYS to be assumed to be filled with stuff on guard or on duty.

Although in context, I find it reasonable to have assumed that this would be like that-one-episode in Game-of-thrones where the person's forces get routed >_>
Problem is, this is a fortress we have no idea on its connections to said routed army.

Still, it sits on a small hill, is surrounded by (low) walls, and has five (crude) wooden towers, similar to the watchtower- one on each corner of the walls, and one in the central courtyard.
WE LOST A TON OF MEN TO THIS?!

Your informants tell you that the fort is well supplied, and would be able to hold out in a siege for a long time.
oh.
._.;
Well we had a good idea though.

D
We finished our BLOODY CAMPAIGN, wasted our NEAREST BORDER OF REBELS, we should rebuild and be safe.
Still play safe until we're sure we can actually mount a campaign rather than risk it all on 'a ramshackle fort'. (caps for emphasis rather than anything D:<)
Although, I would support B or C (I don't understand a difference in either), as probably winning can let us recapture equipment...and all those dead heavy infantry would be better given to our folks back home. :-\

I would also like to point out that even though we got a zero, it wasn't a complete loss. They suffered heavy casualties too. If we quickly recoup and launch a proper assault we can push that. A siege may give too much time for them to "recover".
Question for posterity: Is this the same force we beat up? :-\

Edit2: I feel like the Rebels are, pretty much, like that vague association I dropped earlier--early game foes, late game foes. They're the cause of this fall, they've tricks up their sleeve that we may not have.
I also do believe that we must prioritize connecting back with the Loyalists in the future no matter how this ends.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:00:50 pm by Tiruin »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 18, 2017, 09:59:31 pm »

PTW
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 18, 2017, 10:04:43 pm »

D Hehe I suppose we could just go back to the capital we wasted
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 19, 2017, 12:19:40 am »

I also do believe that we must prioritize connecting back with the Loyalists in the future no matter how this ends.

I think we blew our best opportunity to connect with the loyalists when we got married. I'm not sure I'd trust a dragon-slaying pretender queen unless me or an ally could put a ring on it.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 70