Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70

Author Topic: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev  (Read 45106 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2017, 09:03:46 am »

You pull veterans from amongst your footsoldiers and set them to training. It shall take half a year before they can call themselves ready.

You put out the call for volunteers to join the army.
Inspired by your defence of the city, many citizens are eager to sign up. Within the space of a week your ranks are looking nice and full once again.

Spring, 2 PC

The Advisor comes before you again.
"My queen, the treasury is getting low, and your neighbours still eye the city with envy. Shall we launch a campaign this season?"

A-Yes! We head north, those loyalist fools have had it too easy.
B-Yes! We head east, to get our revenge against the rebels.
C-Yes! We head west, to carve out more of the Qalaqad from the bandits.
D-No, let's wait a while.
E-No! We head south, into the wastelands!
Long Live United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2017, 09:22:29 am »

MAYBE- we fight BANDITS :D

Rebels have been noted to have some kind of cause (both in the OP and most recent battle), Loyalists seem...ok. I lost the lore connection and should read up (but I do appreciate any refreshers :) ), waiting...doesn't seemingly show anything? but moreso for our footsoldiers -> heavy infantry come Summer/Fall.

And E is a wildcard! :O

Say, how do we earn money again? The ol' tax system per work and things?

C
I'm thinking of this as skirmishing than taking and holding. Basically removing tax routes from bandits and opening trade lines. Probably won't need heavy infantry that much until we hold the land we conquered, and even then, it'll be treated as our homeland.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2017, 09:23:17 am »

I would go with E, but there's usually a reason to call somewhere a wasteland. Doesn't seem very useful.

C. Take out the bandits.
Twinwolf makes a good point below me. We shoulD wait
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:41:46 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2017, 09:26:52 am »

I'm guessing the wasteland is equivalent to trying to fight a land war in Russia. I.E. not something that will ever go well. Unless you're the mongols but we're not.

Perhaps we should wait until the heavy infantry are ready? They've been our backbone to this point, and we lost a point of them.

Also, a question: What is the scale of this game? Are we soon going to need to be thinking about an heir like in the "spamkingdom" games, or is this a matter of seeing what a single ruler can accomplish before her death?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:36:32 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2017, 09:45:31 am »

C, but as Tiruin says we should focus on raids and disruption rather than full on conquest.  Wait until we have our troops outfitted with that armourer's work and the replacements ready before we engage in any territorial gain.  That can wait until Autumn.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2017, 10:14:40 am »

Rebels have been noted to have some kind of cause (both in the OP and most recent battle), Loyalists seem...ok. I lost the lore connection and should read up (but I do appreciate any refreshers :)
Army loyalists are former army units who remain loyal to the imperial cause. Note that there is no imperial cause to remain loyal to... so far that hasn't stopped them.
The lore is... not extensively documented. I mean, I haven't even explained what the collapse was.

Also, a question: What is the scale of this game? Are we soon going to need to be thinking about an heir like in the "spamkingdom" games, or is this a matter of seeing what a single ruler can accomplish before her death?
There will be successors if the current ruler dies. They do not have to be your children, you can appoint anyone as a successor (you will at some point be given the opportunity to do so).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2017, 01:17:52 pm »

Hmm :I
Do you accept conditionals alongside picking a choice? :P (I'm ok with a non-direct answer, this is mechanics questioning here)
Like Iituem's nice post there. Where we can pick 'what we can specifically do' or at least insert the thought of it.

Also, is it okay if I ask a bit of lore to our background? Like, in the way our army is made, are they usually starting with peasant draftees--in that 'morale' is something to consider? (eg Leader duels to settle big battles), as what I recall in historical warfare, there's at times drafting workers and non-soldiers, and in the timespan of then and now, it's morale that keeps them going (especially given that one note about footsoldiers in the OP).
"Our" up there is in general 'the people/the military system'.

...Also I kept misspelling it as Iiteum :-[ For all these years. Sorry dude! D:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:31:20 pm by Tiruin »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2017, 01:28:17 pm »

C

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2017, 01:30:39 pm »

Hmm :I
Do you accept conditionals alongside picking a choice? :P (I'm ok with a non-direct answer, this is mechanics questioning here)
Like Iituem's nice post there. Where we can pick 'what we can specifically do' or at least insert the thought of it.

...Also I kept misspelling it as Iiteum :-[ For all these years. Sorry dude! D:

It's cool, people with sans serif typefaces keep thinking the I is an L, and it's a pretty crazy name anyway!  :D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »

Westwards ho!
After resupplying in your previously conquered territory, you delve deeper into the hills.
Soon you run into a fort, sitting atop a steep hill. The walls have suffered heavy damage, but someone has patched them up, and a red flag emblazoned with a black skull flies above the ramparts.
The defenders make no attempts to intercept you as you march towards the fort, though scouts report seeing soldiers hurriedly entering as you approached.

Your commanders wish to know your course of action.

A-Assault the fort as soon as possible!
B-Lay siege to the fort.
C-Ignore the fort, and head past it, deeper into the hills.
D-Turn back, and find some alternate route into the hills.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2017, 03:30:52 pm »

A

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2017, 03:34:31 pm »

A
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2017, 03:42:22 pm »

B
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:47:57 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 18, 2017, 05:45:55 pm »

B.  It's a hilltop fort, this is the sort of business that at least needs time to build a ram.  Hilltop forts are notoriously difficult to assault by their nature.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 18, 2017, 05:47:57 pm »

B. We don't want anyone behind us, and assaulting is generally a meatgrinder for the attacker.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 70