Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70

Author Topic: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev  (Read 45183 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev
« Reply #375 on: March 27, 2017, 08:15:59 am »

B Dang we are badass
The RNG is with us.
Now let's do safe things because in-character, we're tired, and don't want those 1's to roll in life or death situations. :P

Err wait, what does C do? As in "Pass"...where? Like in compared to "B", if we take him prisoner...what does that mean for his army?

IF we cannot have an answer for it bias' us, I'm going with: C.

Hopefully 'pass' means 'go home'.
Although in hindsight I do think "B" will be better as lotsa people are going to be REAL grumpy at this guy <_<
And it'd probably be great to have someone like him on our side--extra Wisdom.
B
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:20:40 am by Tiruin »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 27, 2017, 10:48:13 am »

B
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 27, 2017, 11:35:56 am »

Four soldiers take him away behind the lines, to strip him of his armour and place him in chains.
Far from being disheartened by seeing their leader captured, the enemy seems incensed, and redouble their efforts to defeat you.
Center: 2*
An effort which proves distressingly successful, and your forces are driven back, taking some casualties.
Center: 5*
But like the tides, the battle turns in your favour again. Enemy casualties are starting to mount, as their unarmoured footsoldiers face off against heavy infantry, as well as your slightly-better-equipped footsoldiers.
Despite this, the enemy fights on.
Center: 5*
But their defeat is inevitable, as quality wins out over quantity. A few spearmen jab their weapons in your direction, but you swat them away.
Some of the enemy soldiers start to turn and flee. Seeing this, your men press forwards, and soon the rest follow suit.

You suffered casualties to most of your forces, but the enemy lost much more. Now, of course, the question is whether to pursue.

A-Of course! Charge!
B-Reorganise and follow.
C-Let them run.

And then, as always, there is the question of prisoners.

A-To the chopping block with them!
B-Offer them the choice: Join, or die.
C-Let those willing to join your forces. Let the rest go.

There is, of course, one particular prisoner who merits special treatment. Yalanci 'the Wise' looks demoralised by this defeat. To him, you offer:

A-Death! A showy execution for the fake knight!
B-A request for surrender. He shall hand over his lands and forces to you.
C-Vassalage. He may continue to rule his lands and lead his forces, provided he swears fealty to you.
D-Release, provided he pays a ransom.
Long Live United Forenia!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 27, 2017, 12:32:29 pm »

Awesome!
A,B,C
I figure that we can get more prisoners, loot, and, if option C doesn't work out, further reduce their army by chasing them down. For the prisoners , hopefully seeing their warlord pledge fealty will give further encouragement to join us, in addition to the threat of losing their heads if they decline.

I believe vassalage would be the best option, allowing us to tithe both men and wealth. Also, we don't really know this area. Let Yalanci become our duke or count, or whatever title, while we reap the rewards. If he betrays us, we can come back and permanently 'liberate' the area.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 27, 2017, 03:32:12 pm »

C, B, C

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 27, 2017, 04:10:23 pm »

C,B,C

If he joins, he wouldn't be so screwed, If he refuse the vassalage we loot them and burn it to the ground

forget
A,B,C

If he refuse people will run with potential loot and the army in fear of being raided. A successful charge can halt it

If he joins he must be wise enough to survive.

None of us are rightful heirs, we are a warrior princess but what it looks is that we can't really call ourselfs clean, and he is a fake knight, let's rebuild the kingdom -q
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 27, 2017, 04:25:49 pm »

BBB
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 27, 2017, 05:14:42 pm »

A, B, C.

However we MUST be aware that he went off to aid an ally--or maybe this wasn't the one :P
Wait, nope, that dude was Donuk the Rash. This guy is fully his own folks. We're cool. And we MAY only have to FOCUS on one area of campaigning mayhaps, in the future, so that the usual attacks [rebels only lately] would be simplified and not being attacked on all fronts.

Quality troops always! ._.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 27, 2017, 08:17:30 pm »

A,B,C.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 28, 2017, 07:24:40 am »

Elementary. You order immediate pursuit of the fleeing army.
Your forces fail to catch more than a few stragglers.

You deliver your terms to Yalanci.
4*
He agrees to swear fealty to you, on the condition that you release all captives, and never call him into a war against the rebels.

A-I'm sorry, did you think this was a negotiation? No deal. Off with your head.
B-We can release the captives, but if I call, you answer- no exceptions.
C-The captives are mine to do with as I please, but I suppose we can agree to the second point.
D-Fine.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 28, 2017, 07:58:05 am »

Rebels do have feelings with each other; sympathizing is good, he can be a scapegoat [/scheming]
But honestly, I do feel for the rebels somewhat, despite the otherwise malicious details in the OP about the rebel cause.

>_>
C looks like a nice one with the reasoning like this.
And...in a war with the rebels, he can be home guard. He's not a traitor and doesn't break oaths given him being a knight, I do believe.

But do we do the same to bandits to him? Maybe it'll earn him favor if we follow his heeds. He is Wise. I've no idea what our traits are.
. . .But the Rebels were behind all this anyway, and this "Fall" which I've no idea WHICH faction we're siding with. o_o Or came from; probably Loyalist.

D

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 28, 2017, 08:25:46 am »

My main problem is that if we agree to his terms, then he is in perfect position to betray us. He has all his men and he can't fight rebels, so if the rebels do attack, then he would be in a perfect position to rally his men against us.

Either B or C, I'm undecided so far.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:20 am »

B he serves us, and if we call we expect him to answer it regardless of who it is.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 28, 2017, 08:56:16 am »

Hmm, I'm thinking C would be the best choice. I wouldn't really trust him against his rebel allies anyways... at least not yet. We can refocus our campaigns elsewhere until he grows more supportive of us. It also would not be a bad idea for us to take a daughter or close family member with us as a host.... guest, in insure his loyalty

The captives, however, are ours. They can be the first of his tribute to his new queen.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 28, 2017, 09:07:06 am »

B, he fights who we say he fights.  Captives are a fair concession.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 70