Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70

Author Topic: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev  (Read 45169 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spamwarlord! 'Queen' Erin Gradia of Kralicanev
« Reply #345 on: March 26, 2017, 03:44:23 am »

You rush to intercept the enemy forces before they can organise themselves.
You're in luck! Not expecting you to strike so quickly (or something), you find the enemy spread out over a large area.
Scouts report them having large amounts of light cavalry, and masses of footsoldiers- with more on the way- but few archers or heavy infantry.
As the enemy scrambles to get into position, now is the time to strike, taking out isolated groups before the main battle.
4*
Your light cavalry and archers manage to take out a sizeable chunk of their infantry before they can assemble battle lines. But this advantage does not last long- the enemy has already formed a tight formation, screened by their numerous cavalry. It is time to draw up your own lines.

A-Strong center, weak flanks.
B-Mixed formation.
C-Weak center, strong flanks.

With the enemy deprived of archers, now might be a good chance to make use of your own.

A-Archers to the fore!
B-Don't do anything reckless.
Long Live United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 26, 2017, 03:46:42 am »

C,A Maximise our ability to deal damage and defend our army's structural integrity at the same time.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 26, 2017, 09:19:42 am »

C,B Strong flanks to protect against the light calvary, but I am leery about sending the archers out front because of said calvary.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 26, 2017, 10:33:30 am »

C
A
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 26, 2017, 12:29:27 pm »

C,A
What's the point of archers if we don't use them?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 26, 2017, 12:38:52 pm »

C, A
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2017, 02:34:27 pm »

The archers march forwards and prepare to rain death upon the enemy.
3*
No sooner have they loosed their first volley than the enemy cavalry charges forwards, spear and javelin in hand. Your archers beat a hasty retreat back to your lines, with any stragglers falling before the cavalry onslaught.
However, this presents an opportunity- your own forces rush forwards, with your cavalry engaging theirs to hold them until the brunt of your footsoldiers reach them and start to tear them to pieces.
The enemy infantry charges forwards to meet you.
Left flank:2*
Center:1
Right flank:4*
Despite losing most of their cavalry, the enemy outnumbers you, as the left flank is overwhelmed by numbers, only the strict discipline of your elite warriors managing to hold the ground. The center, meanwhile, is a confusing mess of footsoldiers, cavalry, and straggling archers, but it soon emerges that your forces are outmatched, and the lines break.
Only on the right flank is there any success for your forces, with the enemy infantry suffering losses despite their superior numbers.

With the center broken, and the left flank on the brink of collapse, your commanders look to you for orders.

A-Pull both flanks into the center.
B-Stay as you are. Try to reorganise the center.
C-Prepare to retreat.

You consider getting involved in the fighting yourself...

A-Charge! (Into the center)
B-Charge! (Into the left flank)
C-Nah, too dangerous.
D-Charge! (To cover the retreat)!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 26, 2017, 02:36:02 pm »

A, A FOR GLORY!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 26, 2017, 04:48:11 pm »

That is SOME archer mishap @_@ Even light cavalry back in the ancient times couldn't clear the grounds at the usual kinds of ranges historical archers could do.
Unless WOW we need some better trained archers, or the distance was heavily underestimated, or they're not using horses.

A, B.
Same tactics as before, I believe? We order our troops to handle the center from a good flank; we charge into the NEXT unsupported flank due to this support.

Also because we'll never retreat until a feeling of crushing despair happens and/or our overconfidence gets to us. :P

Edit: I just noticed--they went strong flanks and possibly weak center.
...This means we ARE OUTNUMBERED despite facing and razing a town.
This also probably means that we're not the most numerous army in the bunch; hopefully we'll retain our quality :O
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:44:59 pm by Tiruin »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 26, 2017, 04:57:44 pm »

A,A
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2017, 05:31:34 pm »

A,A

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 27, 2017, 12:48:50 am »

A,A
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 27, 2017, 02:25:03 am »

But...if we're pulling both flanks to the center, and then charge into the center, we'll be all one bunch.
If we charge to the left flank pulling to the center, we assure no escape...unless our center is truly broken--then moving back to the previous sentence has US holding that, while the dudes on our left will crumple.

...Predicament either way :O Hope it goes well.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 27, 2017, 02:48:09 am »

The heavy infantry on both flanks start moving towards the center, whilst you rally your bodyguard and charge into the fray!
Center:5*
Your orders are followed without a hitch, as the encroaching heavy infantry drive the enemy back long enough for the footsoldiers to reorganise themselves, and be inspired by your example. You fire a few shots from your bow before drawing your sword and urging your horse into the melee. The enemy fall before you in great numbers, and soon they flee your presence, leaving you standing in an oasis of calm in the hectic battle.
It is at this point that the enemy general approaches. He rides a warhorse of noble breed, and wears the heavy armour that would befit a knight, but his shield bears an insignia that cannot be genuine- a stylised image of a thunderbolt hitting the imperial crest, which is broken in two. At least it is not the black shield of a traitor-knight.
"I am Yalanci the wise!", he shouts above the din of battle, "And these are my lands, and my people! I would see you gone, invader!"
With that, he draws his sword and drives his steed in your direction.

A-Honourable battle? My favourite! Let us lock blades like knights of old.
B-Honourable battle? That's for fools and horses. Lure him into a trap.
C-Honourable battle? I'd rather not. Let the footsoldiers deal with him.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 27, 2017, 02:58:44 am »

We countered being outnumbered with pure martial skill, and quality troops. WOW are we going to go far in life with this kind of martial philosophy!

I've to get back in Mount and Blade [Warband] to get that feeling again--just reading the first paragraph reminded me of my most successful character; female mounted archer who did just as stated there before charging in.

A
We are NOT REBELS OR BARBARIANS (or bandits, or curs, or knaves, or traitors, or jerks)
Maybe if we roll high enough (and win), we get to choose NOT TO KILL him and then honorably get him on with us?

Like that one feast option mentioned before? :P
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 70