Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making New Body Parts Directly In The Creature's Raws  (Read 653 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Making New Body Parts Directly In The Creature's Raws
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:02:57 pm »

So I'm trying to make something with ten tentacles, five on the left and five on the right. Don't ask, and you won't get spoiled  ;)

I know that you should keep as much of the code in one file as possible to make it easy to install and uninstall, so I tried to add this new set of tentacles directly to the kra(cough cough) creature.

Code: [Select]
[BODY:TEN_NO_CLAW_TENTACLES]
[BP:TENT:first tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:TENT:second tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:third tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:fourth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:fifth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][LEFT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:sixth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:seventh tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:eighth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:ninth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BP:TENT:tenth tentacle:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][GRASP][RIGHT][CATEGORY:TENTACLE]
[BODY:BASIC_1PARTBODY:2EYES:HEART:BRAIN:TEN_NO_CLAW_TENTACLES]

It doesn't seem to have worked because when I tested it out in the arena, other attacking creatures couldn't target the tentacles. Anyone know what I did wrong? Do the individual tentacles all need different ID's?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Making New Body Parts Directly In The Creature's Raws
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 03:52:53 am »

No, they have to go in body files.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 07:54:37 am »

No, they have to go in body files.

It's that simple? Pity. Really hoping this could work.

Oh well. Thanks for the help!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 11:31:45 am »

If your goal is to make it easy to install and uninstall, you could put a custom suffix on every file you make, like this:

creature_derpy

body_derpy

And so on. If you put a custom suffix on your individual filenames as well, it should integrate easily with other mods. For example, this bodypart could be:

[BODY:TEN_NO_CLAW_TENTACLES_DERPY]
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 12:25:14 pm »

If your goal is to make it easy to install and uninstall, you could put a custom suffix on every file you make, like this:

creature_derpy

body_derpy

And so on. If you put a custom suffix on your individual filenames as well, it should integrate easily with other mods. For example, this bodypart could be:

[BODY:TEN_NO_CLAW_TENTACLES_DERPY]

That's a brilliant freaking plan. Thanks!  :D