Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106309 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #285 on: March 29, 2017, 10:36:49 pm »

"Strike hard it is. Good to hear we've got casters on our side, anyhow. We were counting on Esther quite a bit during the last battle."

That said, Liam moved back out to help continue the unloading.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 29, 2017, 10:41:12 pm »

"Strike hard it is. Good to hear we've got casters on our side, anyhow. We were counting on Esther quite a bit during the last battle."

That said, Liam moved back out to help continue the unloading.
"Speak for yourself. Never fond of magic-especially not the evil brand Esther enjoys...In any case, will things be OK back here? Mordo isn't about to take that hit lying down."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 29, 2017, 10:55:11 pm »

Liam just shrugged.

"I'm saying we need all the help we can get. Took all of us working together to take them down. Maybe I don't like the things magic can do to a man either, but I fear it on my own time, Brock."

"If this is ever over, you can hide from Esther all you want."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 29, 2017, 11:03:18 pm »

Liam just shrugged.

"I'm saying we need all the help we can get. Took all of us working together to take them down. Maybe I don't like the things magic can do to a man either, but I fear it on my own time, Brock."

"If this is ever over, you can hide from Esther all you want."

"There is a difference between disliking something and fearing it. I don't like stale bread, but I am not about to run away from it. I'll even eat it if I'm really hungry."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 29, 2017, 11:17:23 pm »

Farra overheard the conversation as she walked by with another crate and decided to put in her thoughts, despite the fact that before it was apparently a terrible idea. This was magic, she knew it a bit better than the underground; she wouldn't be shot down, right?

"Your fears are your fears, as are mine, but I always found it interesting. It's the most versatile weaponry I've seen, and it's always a joy to look at all the details and colors at a stall selling tomes,"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 29, 2017, 11:38:15 pm »

"Havn't any of you heard the stories? I'd have thought even a man raised by wolves would know enough about the world to dislike magic. For example, some say magic is what got us into this current situation in the first place! Wise men say that Mordo's son is the one who discovered it long ago. In turn, his son's son's invented the other schools. They say a mage still sits on the throne today. That isn't all-many have asked what could have possessed the king to attack like that. The answer is a powerful mage-like the one ruling Mordo. So the story goes-the evil ruler cast dark magic upon the king of Izzarra, clouding his mind to attack. Now Mordo had pretext for an invasion, they could take over the entire country and the rest of the world would assume they were liberators defending a friendly nation. And that is just one of the most recent stories!"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2017, 12:37:05 am »

"If you have to talk of myths, also remember that Vissar ended the first age with a sword."

"And if I'd known I'd kick up a hornet's nest speaking of magic, I'd have kept my thoughts to myself."

He did not mean to defend magic in its entirety, and the story Brock laid out was not impossible. But Liam was beginning to tire of these sorts of conversations - these things coming all at once, indeed. If Brock kept on, and Sharne leapt into this conversation to defend Esther...

Liam rubbed his temples, then left to find another crate to haul.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2017, 02:43:46 am »

"Ah, quit yer yappin', you two, an' 'elp load the rest of this stuff."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2017, 04:06:25 am »

"Put aside your superstitions.  We're defending our nation, not gossiping about a village witch.  No tool, however much you might fear it, should be set aside."

"And it's nonsense, in any case.  Our king was a royal fool whose actions and ambition betrayed his people, not a brainwashed puppet."

"Now listen to Roux.  If what Rina said is correct, we must prepare, quickly."

Despite his words, the man took a moment's break after bringing in one of the boxes, nibbling on a small hunk of bread and cheese.  Assuming he chose to stay with this group--and under the circumstances, it seemed the best decision--they'd be off to Millton tomorrow.  And then...

Larger groups meant correspondingly greater danger.  He knew as much from experience.  Powerful operations couldn't last long without drawing the attention of the Mordoan army.  But the small operations performed by groups like the one at the inn--raiding the occasional tax caravan, harassing lone messengers and similar--did little to harm the occupiers in the long run.  If they were to ever free themselves, they needed to take the risks.

Despite himself, Martyn was feeling emboldened.  The chance to strike greater blows against their oppressors, to gain more than these minor victories, was not something he had expected to see for many months.  That they still had the men and the courage for such actions was more than he had hoped to find on his return.  He was glad for it.  All that remained was to see what their partners had in mind.

"Rina.  The leader of this group.  Do you know anything at all about them?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2017, 09:00:50 am »

Sam snickered at that, even though doing so felt vaguely unpatriotic.

: "Do all kinds of magic make you feel uncomfortable, Brock?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2017, 09:55:17 am »

Sharne had been listening in on the conversation and a small grin crept on to her face before she casually commented,

"You know... Back in my village, we had a similar problem with some members of our tribe. They were scared of magic, especially fire magic. So we developed a type of ritual to help ease their minds and allow them to work with those who used magic. I could help you if you wanted. Use the ritual to try and help."

She paused, before adding as if almost in an afterthought.

"Of course, they were all small children so the ritual mostly consists of giving you a small stuffed warrior toy that will protect you from the evil mages. But I'm sure I could make you one."
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:14:18 am by Swordstar »

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2017, 11:17:30 am »

"Havn't any of you heard the stories? I'd have thought even a man raised by wolves would know enough about the world to dislike magic. For example, some say magic is what got us into this current situation in the first place! Wise men say that Mordo's son is the one who discovered it long ago. In turn, his son's son's invented the other schools. They say a mage still sits on the throne today. That isn't all-many have asked what could have possessed the king to attack like that. The answer is a powerful mage-like the one ruling Mordo. So the story goes-the evil ruler cast dark magic upon the king of Izzarra, clouding his mind to attack. Now Mordo had pretext for an invasion, they could take over the entire country and the rest of the world would assume they were liberators defending a friendly nation. And that is just one of the most recent stories!"

"It's... possible, but I find it unlikely." Farra would've gladly debated, if not for the more experienced people speaking up. Farra quickly put down her crate, grabbed a carrot to eat and made her way for another crate.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 11:42:17 am by Aliemma »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2017, 11:36:38 am »

"Ah, quit yer yappin', you two, an' 'elp load the rest of this stuff."

"We're almost done. There is a point were the extra hands stop making light work and start getting in the way."

"Put aside your superstitions.  We're defending our nation, not gossiping about a village witch.  No tool, however much you might fear it, should be set aside."

"And it's nonsense, in any case.  Our king was a royal fool whose actions and ambition betrayed his people, not a brainwashed puppet."

"Now listen to Roux.  If what Rina said is correct, we must prepare, quickly."

"Think what you want, but that is hardly the only story were magic is an antagonist. Even if that one is false, there is no denying a powerful mage sits on the throne of Mordo, they are behind all this weather if they entranced the king or not."

Sam snickered at that, even though doing so felt vaguely unpatriotic.

: "Do all kinds of magic make you feel uncomfortable, Brock?"

"No...The light magics of the church feel warm. I like them."

Sharne had been listening in on the conversation and a small grin crept on to her face before she casually commented,

"You know... Back in my village, we had a similar problem with some members of our tribe. They were scared of magic, especially fire magic. So we developed a type of ritual to help ease their minds and allow them to work with those who used magic. I could help you if you wanted. Use the ritual to try and help."

She paused, before adding as if almost in an afterthought.

"Of course, they were all small children so the ritual mostly consists of giving you a small stuffed warrior toy that will protect you from the evil mages. But I'm sure I could make you one."

"Don't bother, I'm sure it would be torn to bits and covered in slobber by the next afternoon. We have some very poorly behaved pets in the resistance, you see."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2017, 11:49:28 am »

Kaldach passed by with one more crate as Brock had mentioned his view on light magics, only to scoff in disdain.
: "Not always."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 30, 2017, 11:51:53 am »

Bertholt looks over at Brock as his comment about pets is said.
"......perhaps it might be a good time to practice that time-honored tradition of keeping one's own mouth closed."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 146