Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106302 times)

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:56 pm »

Kaldach glared back for a moment. After making sure everyone else was still in their place, he responded tersely.
: "...The Morodans send gifts."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2017, 10:50:32 pm »

The eye behind the door narrowed for a moment before moving away. The door opened fully moments after, revealing a group of four men, each with covered faces and hoods. One was carrying a staff, but the other three, including the one in front, were not visibly armed. "Took you long enough. We were expecting you before sundown." The staff began to glow with a soft light, illuminating the room. "Alright, show us what you've got."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2017, 10:54:19 pm »

"It can take time to defeat an entire squad of guards. And we needed a bit of rest after that. But here, we have the wagons back with the rest of the group."

She gestured towards the wagons, keeping her sword drawn while she did, just in case.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2017, 10:57:37 pm »

Martyn stepped to the side to let them pass, but kept his lantern high and his eyes on them.  Best to remain cautious.  Even if there only appeared to be four of them, and even if they appeared to be friendly.  So far as friendly went.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2017, 11:04:11 pm »

The other men exited the building, the two to the rear keeping their eyes on Martyn, Kaldach and Sharne. The hooded man with the staff approached the carts, looking over the contents as well as the carts themselves. He stopped several times to inspect the places where Martyn has cut away the Mordo military seals before looking at the group. "Nice initiative guys, but these will still stick out like a sore thumb. We'll get you some other carts that won't give you away."

The hooded man who answered the door spoke up. "We're taking a fifth of the spoils. We'll give you four carts. Take it or leave it."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2017, 11:12:52 pm »

Martyn had dealt often enough with these types to know there wasn't much point in arguing or negotiating, much as his father might have harangued him otherwise.  So he merely nodded, glancing back to the others.

"Fine.  Let's just get the goods moved over quickly.  I don't want us to spend any longer out here than we need to."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2017, 11:16:15 pm »

"I assume you ran this past our mutual friend?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2017, 11:23:03 pm »

The lead figure, who seemed to be the leader, nodded to the two in the rear, who moved aside to a patch of grass, rooted around in the grass for a moment, and pulled open a large trapdoor.

As his fellows moved to bring the empty carts up from the hidden cellar, the hooded man with the staff continued poking around the carts, using the light shining from it to inspect the contents. "Not a bad haul gentlemen, not a bad haul at all. How many were there? Five carts, weighed down pretty heavy... A dozen and a half? Not including drivers of course." The inspector didn't actually face the party, but rather continued to move from cart to cart, focused on the goods before him.

"I assume you ran this past our mutual friend?"

The lead figure didn't bother to look at Brock. "You can't expect something for nothing. They know it, and you should too."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2017, 11:38:57 pm »

Farra had been with the cart 4th to the rear and kept watching her surroundings from there. It was what she was used to, and what she intended to do once this nation was free. As the closest thing this group had now to leaders conversed with the contacts, Farra glanced towards them a few times but said nothing. When the figures made their way around, Farra hopped off the rear to let them get a better look. She tried to get a look at the inspector but to no avail.

"Typically, it's common courtesy to show your face in commerce, at least to the main provider."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2017, 11:44:17 pm »

Farra had been with the cart 4th to the rear and kept watching her surroundings from there. It was what she was used to, and what she intended to do once this nation was free. As the closest thing this group had now to leaders conversed with the contacts, Farra glanced towards them a few times but said nothing. When the figures made their way around, Farra hopped off the rear to let them get a better look. She tried to get a look at the inspector but to no avail.

"Typically, it's common courtesy to show your face in commerce, at least to the main provider."

"And exchanging names. Then we can talk about how our wives and kids or doing, who has crushes on who, and were all our diaries are hidden."

As for the figures, Brock had resolved to ignore them. Blowing the mission by loosing his cool now would make him loose his cool, and that would just keep spiraling out of control...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 11:55:08 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2017, 11:51:27 pm »

"Leave them be, you two."

Liam's tone was not unkind, and he had an inkling that Brock already knew why their contacts were choosing to stay mysterious.

"You know Mordo stamps out cells all the time. The less secrets we know about each other if one of our groups is crushed, the better." The thought of the odds against them once again... it was not a thought he cared to consider for much longer after he'd spoken.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2017, 12:02:31 am »

Farra simply decided to keep quiet after that. It was probably a terrible idea to keep talking at this point, so Farra simply let the others handle this.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2017, 12:03:48 am »

Martyn shook his head, looking over to Liam to give him a nod of thanks.  The last thing they needed now was to upset these people.

"...Close enough.  It was twenty, in total, by my count."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 02:49:45 am by Lucus Casius »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:50 am »

Roux grinned, sat up upon her horse.
"Twenny at least! Probably more like twenny-five, bein' honest."

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2017, 03:13:46 am »