Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106275 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 27, 2017, 09:16:34 pm »

"I'll take a sip, anyway." Liam shrugged, and did so, placing the cup down gingerly afterwards.

Ah, this still wasn't his fight. Not really. But winning the day like this, against tough odds... he could at least take a moment to celebrate with someone or someones who were clearly passionate about their cause.

As for the prisoners... that was likely to be ugly business. There was nothing he had to say.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 27, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »

Marytn's search of the wagons didn't take very long. There wasn't much in terms of gold. Around 800 pieces in the lead wagon, along with other minor valuables, including a cheap brass necklace set with an opal, a crate with 9 bottles of wine -8 now, though only 3 of them unopened- a battered axe, and a locked, long crate. The rest of the wagons were filled to bursting with potatoes, carrots, onions, cabbages, and the like. It was clear that people had been forced to pay taxes with food. There were a few dried fish in the third wagon, and a pot of honey in the fourth. All in all, were the contents of the wagons brought to market, they might be worth one thousand gold, back before the war. As things were, it was likely families were starving even now.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2017, 09:20:28 pm »

"Hm..."

Martyn hopped down from the last of the wagons, mildly disappointed.  It wasn't as much as he'd hoped; not nearly as much as he'd hoped.  But it was something.  And in conditions like these, on thinking on it... food could be a good deal more valuable than coin or blades.

"We should have food for a while.  As should the common folk in this area.  That's something, at least..."

It took him a few minutes of musing before his eyes turned back to the chest.  He'd almost forgotten about that, in searching the rest.  Fortunately...

The man fumbled in his cloak, eventually pulling the right tools forth.  A file, a pick...  Then he hopped back onto the wagon, and set to work.  Maybe this would be something more directly useful.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:24:11 pm by Lucus Casius »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2017, 09:26:08 pm »

After a few moments, the lock popped open, and Martyn was free to push the lid of the case up. Inside was a sword made of dark metal, with red gems set in the cross guard and pommel. The sight of it briefly gave the man a sense of unease...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 27, 2017, 09:29:27 pm »

Brock grabs one of the unopened drinks, raising it high in the air as he takes a huge gulp, lines of spilled wine forming on either side of his mouth. He then pulls open one of the crates of dried fish, munching messily on the meager morsels. After a couple of bites, he examines the battered axe a bit.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 27, 2017, 09:32:09 pm »

"Wh..."

Martyn stared down at the blade, his eyes narrowing.  It looked almost... decorative, at first.  But the edges were clearly sharp, and the metal of a quality that he'd never seen.  Surely, some peasant wouldn't have anything like this on hand.  Would they?

The man reached for the weapon for a moment, then hesitated.  He was... well, not precisely trained in the use of swords.  But he had picked up enough in the years since Mordo's occupation to consider himself skilled.  But he still found himself unwilling to touch the thing.

"You.  Kaldach, I believe.  Come here.  You're a swordsman.  Have you ever seen a weapon like this before?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2017, 09:37:23 pm »

Kaldach, still pacing around the soldiers, stopped in his tracks just as the lid of the chest popped open, not even facing in the direction of the wagons.
: "This is... another one?" He mused to himself for a brief moment, and only that moment before scanning his surroundings, almost immediately settling his gaze on Martyn and the chest he was examining. Pacing his way over, his suspicion gradually grew into assurance.
: "Watch your hands. Don't touch that blade." He cautioned as he approached. Once he angled his head to see into the interior of the container, he sighed, "...Sure enough. Now why would they have one of those?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2017, 09:40:26 pm »

Martyn drew his hand back.  It wasn't as though he really needed the excuse to avoid touching the thing.

"So, you are familiar with it, then.  And I take it this style of blade is rare."

"So?  Where have you seen one before?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2017, 09:42:32 pm »

Sharne slowly pushed herself to her feet, placing some desert herbs into her wound as she did. Quickly pulling out a few scraps of cloth, she wrapped them around the wound and tied them off quickly. Glancing around, she moved over towards Esther, glancing at the body at her feet. Handing over the herbs in her hand, she gestured.

"Here. Use this on your wounds. I am ashamed that I let you get hurt like that, so this is the least I can do."

Esther sighed as the healing herbs did their job, before looking at Sharne.

"Don't be, there's only so much one person can do in the middle of a battle. Kaldach ended up fine, and I just needed a bit of medicine to heal from a lucky shot or two. All in all, I'd say you did a pretty good job."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2017, 09:46:26 pm »

"No. It's not good enough, I'm sorry. My job is to protect you and Kaldach. Kaldach did fine this time, yes, but I cannot let things like this happen again. It is my duty and my honor to protect you. I failed at that."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2017, 09:49:11 pm »

Liam swept his gaze over the others. Martyn, Kaldach and Brock were occupied, by the wagon's contents, and so were Esther and Sharne, by each other.

"The rest of you all right?"

His gaze stopped on the captured wagon drivers once again, his hand still on his lance. He considered them in silence.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2017, 09:49:48 pm »

Kaldach's gaze drew over the sword multiple times.
: "I can't answer to that exactly. Let's just say these things are part of the reason why I'm bothering with this rebellion in the first place."
The mercenary hovered his right hand over the weapon carefully, as if testing it.
: "...They called them Devil Swords. At least that's the name I heard for them. Wicked, bloodthirsty weapons. If you're not careful, they'll feast on the wielder's blood faster than the enemy's."
Pausing for a couple seconds more, he grit his teeth and grasped the blade's hilt.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2017, 09:52:09 pm »

The handle vibrated for an instant beneath Kaldach's hand, and became hot, almost to the point of burning. But when that instant passed, the sword lay still in his hand. Sunlight glinted menacingly off of one of the gems set in the hilt.

Kaldach get's Devil Sword!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2017, 09:53:03 pm »

"If so, we should probably sell or get rid of..."

And then Kaldach went ahead and grabbed it.

"Nevermind.  If you can wield it without hurting yourself, a blade that sharp may prove useful."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2017, 10:01:38 pm »

The mercenary stared intently at the sword as it vibrated and heated. In the very instant that he could feel his hand crisping underneath his glove, the periphery of his eyes quickly grew bloodshot, before it quickly filled the rest of his sclera.
: "..."
Then the feeling faded, and so did the bloodied color of his eyes. Pulling the sword out of its container, Kaldach looked it over more closely.
: "This one's in even better shape than the last." Placing his wooden sword aside, he carefully took a step back from Martyn and fastened the Devil Sword into the makeshift leather sheath drawn across his back, "'Blade that sharp' is right. This isn't something just for small skirmishes. Point me at something you need dead and it will be."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:07:38 am by CrimsonEon »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 146