Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106426 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #840 on: September 20, 2017, 10:42:18 am »

Liam rode aside the rest at an easy pace, trying to ignore the heat, the sweat trickling down his face and back. But he could handle weather better than war.

He glanced over at Farra.

"Home to you too, isn't it?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 20, 2017, 11:45:45 am »

Martyn plodded along with the rest, feeling for all the world like someone had decided to toss him in an oven.  But miserable as he was, the partisan went so far as to pull his cloak over his head, staring wearily out at the sand through the shadows.

"I imagine it's quite amazing, Yarun.  But at this point, I'd be content with Salamandra having a good store of ice."

"How far are we from the city?"

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 20, 2017, 12:11:10 pm »

Liam rode aside the rest at an easy pace, trying to ignore the heat, the sweat trickling down his face and back. But he could handle weather better than war.

He glanced over at Farra.

"Home to you too, isn't it?"
Farra didn't think she was gonna end up back home so soon, yet here she was. Nonetheless, she was beaming, though she tried to hide the large smile on her face. Didn't work.

"Yeah, it feels good to be back; Izzarra was pretty cold to me,"

"Are you doing ok? The heat seems to be getting to most of the people here.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: September 20, 2017, 12:13:37 pm »

Bertholt decides to interject.
"A servant of Rhea must be prepared for hardships on the road to helping others. If this is what we must tolerate to aid others, then I am content.

That being said, it is rather hot and some of us may take ill in this heat. Do you know of any nearby shelter we might use?"

His eye is on Roux in particular as he says that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 12:15:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: September 20, 2017, 12:46:45 pm »

"Oh, it will be a few more days yet. But there's no need to worry, the city is a good deal cooler than the desert itself. I've been told that its a sort of... uh... Something to do with how the buildings are arranged, I think. I must be honest, I've a head for figures and trade, and a tongue for persuasion, but few other talents. I don't particularly recall the exact mechanics of how the temperature is controlled, though it's been explained to me enough times. It's something to do with how the buildings are arranged." When Bertholt raised the question of shelter, Yarun nodded. "As it so happens, there is a small town on our way. There's an oasis there, and we'll be able to fill our water stocks and have a short rest. I think we should reach it by nightfall. I'm fairly certain."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 20, 2017, 12:57:33 pm »

Roux remained ignorant of Bertholt's gaze, continuing to grouse.

"Gaaaah. This ain't 'ome. This is 'ell."
"Man, I 'ope yer can go swimmin' in th' oasis."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: September 20, 2017, 01:12:37 pm »

Liam chuckled roughly.

"I don't figure the people here would want to drink water that tastes like us."

Come to think of it, he hadn't answered Esther back at the fort when she'd asked if she smelled, either. It was probably best not to touch these things with a ten foot pole, he thought, and turned his attention back to Farra.

"Don't worry about me. I've been through worse. ...I don't suppose you have family around these parts you intend to visit if they're on our way?"

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 20, 2017, 05:16:14 pm »

"Even if they were on the way, I'm not even sure they'd be home. Merchant family and all,"

Come to think of it, they hadn't heard from her in ages, huh. They had to be getting worried sick...

"Say, since we might have to travel farther, what about yours? I'm not sure where you come from, but we might end up nearby at some point.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 20, 2017, 05:48:04 pm »

Liam chuckled roughly.

"I don't figure the people here would want to drink water that tastes like us."
Roux instinctively bristled.
"Ain't nothin' wrong with me taste! ...I guess. Ain't like I'm checkin'."
She glanced away awkwardly before changing the topic, closing her eyes against the glare of the sun on the sands.
"'Ow much do yer guys wanna bet there's some shit like bandits or raiders we 'ave to thump before we can get a damned drink?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 20, 2017, 06:34:38 pm »

Sam decided to try the wet-cloth trick Sharne mentioned, seeing as how they were close to a place they could get more water. She certainly wasn't going to be taking any clothes off!

: "Roux, I swear, if you just jinxed us I'll...I'll...I'll come up with something once my brain stops overheating."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 20, 2017, 06:42:22 pm »

"..."

"Make you watch while the rest of us go swimming in the oasis."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 20, 2017, 06:55:25 pm »

: "Yeah. What Martyn said."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 20, 2017, 07:57:43 pm »

Liam's brow furrowed as he thought about how exactly to answer Farra's question (and tried not to think about hypothetical bandits jumping them, though that would be a change of pace from Mordoans).

"They're in Chilcinne. If we go there, it'll be a while yet. And I still don't want to drag them into this. They've got enough problems of their own."

Still... it would be nice. It had been too long. But there was a cause he was supposed to be supporting - even if just for the money he could make out of it, even if he could probably just cut and run now that they were out of Izzarra - and surviving whatever came next took priority over any sentimentality.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 20, 2017, 08:46:31 pm »

Sharne shook her head in amusement at Roux's comment, and clarified further than Liam had.

"The oasis is most certainly not for swimming. These waters are rare in the desert, and we need to take care of them as best we can, otherwise we'll have no drinking water. That means not using them to bath in, or swim in. Most of the time it would be too shallow to swim in anyways. This won't be like a lake or a river. But it will be enough for us to refill our supplies and relax a little."

The comment about raiders was met with a similar attitude even if her words didn't match.

"Raiders are most likely to strike at an oasis actually. Whoever controls one ends up controlling a good part of that region, plus any travelers will most likely stay there for the night. That makes them a prime target. We'll need to make sure to set up a good system of sentries tonight."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 21, 2017, 09:18:55 am »

"..."

"Make you watch while the rest of us go swimming in the oasis."
: "Yeah. What Martyn said."
Rpux managed to muster up a grin against the oppressive heat. She raised her fists in a mock-challenge.
"Heheh. Yer can try, but it won't be the first time I drowned a bastard with me own bare 'ands."
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 146