Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106404 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #780 on: September 08, 2017, 09:33:13 pm »

"I don't give a damn what they were before. You're not alone anymore. You have people to watch your back and if the sword is trying to attack them, how does that make it any better that you're using it? So you're not only endangering yourself, but your endangering the people you're working with? How can you care so little about everyone else? All that matters is that you have your power, no need to think of anyone else!"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 08, 2017, 09:40:24 pm »

Esther saw Sharne giving a certain swordsman a verbal lashing. She was quite hurt - the wounds were starting to ache now that the adrenaline was going - but Bertholt was busy with more urgent care, and well, she had to save a friend, didn't she? ...It didn't hurt the method by which she meant to do this, which Sharne would realize upon feeling a hand on her posterior.

"Heeey, Sharne~" she said, moving herself to face the swordswoman.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 08, 2017, 09:43:53 pm »

Sharne jumped about half a foot in the air when she found her butt being grabbed and started to turn around to smack whoever had done so when she found herself faced with Esther.

"Esther, I, what are you doing? Don't... Ugh, I thought I told you to keep your hands to yourself..."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 08, 2017, 09:48:23 pm »

"And I said I would. When we were in battle. Which we're not now~" Esther said, allowing her hand to withdraw.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 08, 2017, 09:51:20 pm »

"I-it's not right."

Sharne was glad when the hand was removed, but she was still clearly embarrassed as she responded to the flirty shaman.

"I'm supposed to be protecting you. Not... Not flirting!"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 08, 2017, 09:52:27 pm »

By some miracle and several years of practice, Martyn managed not to let his annoyance show.  Far too much at stake to waste the chance, now.  All it took was keeping his tone level, sympathetic, conversational. 

"Even with high quality Viterine merchandise clearly bound for Mordo?  I can't imagine the Guilds would be happy, if they knew.  Surely few of the locals could afford it, given the high taxes the occupation forces are inflicting upon them.  The Mordoans are making things worse all the time, with their restrictions and detainments..."

He glanced over at the man, adjusting his cloak as they continued to walk along.

"Why, one could say their actions are the largest threat to trade in this part of the continent right now.  And that's speaking as a man from a merchant family myself.  Something must be done.  Else it's quite likely they'll continue imprisoning honest merchants and confiscating their goods as contraband.  Robbing you as surely as any bandit."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 08, 2017, 09:56:08 pm »

"Just 'cause you won't flirt doesn't mean I can't~" Esther said. "Besides, you need to get healed..." she takes a vuln out of her pocket and bonks Sharne on the head with the bottle. "Come on now, go get healed or I waste this out of a fight."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:59:11 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 08, 2017, 09:57:17 pm »

: "I'm not-...huh?"
The mercenary's eyebrow briefly shot up as Esther made her move, soundly distracting Sharne out of her rage and directly into incredulous deflection. As they continued back and forth, Kaldach drew a sigh.
: "...Feh." He sidled past Sharne as she faced away, taking a brief moment to glance at Esther as he passed by. His face displayed a hint of gratefulness...and a few more hints of irritation at the favor he now owed her.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 08, 2017, 09:59:07 pm »

"Yes, quite so. Well, my father was always a firm believer that a man votes with his wallet. And I certainly shan't be taking my business to Mordo again until such a policy is rescinded." Yarun poked his head into door after door, withdrawing and continuing his search. "Still, it is such a shame. I used to make quite a pretty penny doing it this way, even before the war. Nasty business that. A terrible thing for a King to do to his country, very sad." As the two reached a storeroom Yarun broke into a... Well, not quite a run. "Ah, there she is! I'll have to take inventory but at least I still have my cart."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 08, 2017, 10:02:39 pm »

"Bah. You need healing more than I do. Here, hold still."

Pulling a few herbs and a small water bottle out of her belt pouch, Sharne mixed them together into a paste in her hands, before gesturing at Esther.

"Ok. Where are your worst wounds? This won't be as good as a healing staff but it will do the job and keep Berthold from having to waste his energy."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 08, 2017, 10:14:24 pm »

On that issue, at least, Martyn did not necessarily disagree.  In part.  The king was a right bastard for bringing this upon them.  Even if Mordo was still worse by far for the continued suffering their oppression inflicted.

Though the merchant was still a bit of an ass.

"You know, if you're heading back to Anecca...  We're actually planning on going that way, too, if you need the guards."

"And we may be in the market, if there's some sort of deal you're looking for.  Perhaps once we get there, we could work something out with yourself?
 Or your family?"

"I'm sure we'll be shown at least some gratitude for liberating you from your cell.  Won't we?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 08, 2017, 10:21:47 pm »

Yarun looked up from his goods for just a moment. "Oh, yes, of course. Certainly I can... Well, I think I can repay you appropriately anyway. And yes, some assistance on my way home would be much appreciated. I'll need some time to ready myself to leave, of course.  In particular I will need to locate some horses. Preferably my own but I don't know where they would be."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 08, 2017, 10:31:12 pm »

"...You could check the stables.  I imagine that's where they'd keep them, if anywhere."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 09, 2017, 12:09:19 am »

Looked like everyone was going to live! Well, everyone who wasn't a Mordo soldier anyway. Tapping out an easy rhythm on her drum set, Sam began a celebratory song in the hopes of either easing the mood or drowning out the growing argument in the other room.
-song snip-

Farra tried to see if she could recognize the tune from days of hearing traders whistle while they worked, but to no avail. Nevertheless, she listened, for it was better sounding than what argument had spawned from that terrifying sword.

"Truley lovely! Hmm... Where do you hear those songs anyways? They suit your talent, but I don't recognize them.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 09, 2017, 06:29:45 am »

Esther briefly considering mentioning it was her chest, but that... was probably pushing her luck a bit. Instead, she tapped a part of her leg where her clothing was a bit torn and was bleeding.

"It turns out, axes hurt."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 07:55:25 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 146