Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106397 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #765 on: September 08, 2017, 08:50:50 pm »

As soon as they were a minimal distance from the rest of the group, Sharne turned on Kaldach and glared at him.

"And just what are you playing at with that thing? A sword that seems to be taking over you and literally trying to kill you? I'm doing my best to make sure that you survive this damn rebellion and you go and pick the one weapon that bite back at its owner? Are you suicidal or just insane? What in the world would make you even think of using a weapon like that?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 08, 2017, 08:56:45 pm »

Liam frowned, then turned, raising his voice.

"Martyn, over here."

Then he turned back to the man.

"No, I'm not. And if any of them are left, they're in no condition to fight." At least it was over, and he hadn't had to see the bloody mess that was likely in the last room they'd charged. "I'm afraid we weren't hired by your father, either."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 08, 2017, 09:00:19 pm »

"Oh. I don't suppose you could let me out regardless? I've been confined to this cell for two entire days!" The man explained this as if it was of any significance. "I've no idea where my goods are either. This trip has been nothing but a loss for me!"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 08, 2017, 09:03:59 pm »

"Suppose I could try to bash the lock, but it seems like a waste. You know who had the keys?"

It was pointless, probably, given Martyn was nearby, but he could at least keep the merchant appeased.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 08, 2017, 09:05:47 pm »

His own search having turned up nothing, the cloaked man hurried back over at Liam's call.  He took one moment to peer through the bars at the man inside before giving him a brief nod.

"I'll get you out, keys or not.  Just give me one second."

It was, fortunately, pretty easy work for him to pick open the lock on the door.  As soon as he was done, he reached out to swing it open, giving the man another nod.

"Martyn Taine.  This is my colleague, Liam.  Who are we addressing?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 08, 2017, 09:09:14 pm »

Kaldach's breathing steadied as he felt his body continue to recover from nearly losing a limb. His nerves slowly felt life come back, along with the slight tinge of feeling, and some nagging in his ear to which he could only offer an indifferent grunt.
: "...Hm."
His uncovered eye half-opened into a dull, mildly irritated stare right back at the swordswoman.
: "Think rationally. I know these swords. They're a necessary risk that only I can take. When the entire world is set to take you off the playing field and the penalty of failure is death, you need every advantage you can get."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 08, 2017, 09:09:55 pm »

"Um, no. I'm afraid I don't." Then Martyn appeared to open the door. "Ah, yes, how do you do? I am Yarun Junaid. A trader of Anecca. Pleased to make your acquaintance." Yarun made to leave his cell immediately. He sniffed experimentally. "What is that I smell?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 08, 2017, 09:12:11 pm »

Martyn sniffed the air, and immediately wrinkled his nose.

"THAT would be Adams.  Try to stay upwind of him."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 08, 2017, 09:12:26 pm »

"A necessary--"

Sharne was momentarily lost for words, but quickly got back on track.

"Do you hear yourself? The penalty of failing is death, yes I agree with that. And your sword seems hellbent on making sure you get that penalty. It literally attacks you if you do the slightest thing wrong. And I'm not even going to touch on the bit about how only you can take this risk. That just confirms the fact that you're insane apparently. You're crazy if you think that continuing to use this is a good idea!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 08, 2017, 09:15:20 pm »

Looked like everyone was going to live! Well, everyone who wasn't a Mordo soldier anyway. Tapping out an easy rhythm on her drum set, Sam began a celebratory song in the hopes of either easing the mood or drowning out the growing argument in the other room.

: ♪ ♫ I've paid my dues ♪ ♫ Time after time ♪ ♫ I've done my sentence ♪ ♫ But committed no crime ♪ ♫ And bad mistakes ♪ ♫ I've made a few ♪ ♫ I've had my share of sand kicked in my face ♪ ♫ But I've come through ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ We are the champions, my friends ♪ ♫ And we'll keep on fighting ♪ ♫ Till the end ♪ ♫ We are the champions ♪ ♫ We are the champions ♪ ♫ No time for losers ♪ ♫ 'Cause we are the champions ♪ ♫ Of the world! ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ I've taken my bows ♪ ♫ And my curtain calls ♪ ♫ You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it ♪ ♫ I thank you all ♪ ♫ But it's been no bed of roses ♪ ♫ No pleasure cruise ♪ ♫ I consider it a challenge before the whole human race ♪ ♫ And I ain't gonna lose ♪ ♫

♪ ♫ We are the champions, my friends ♪ ♫ And we'll keep on fighting ♪ ♫ Till the end ♪ ♫ We are the champions ♪ ♫ We are the champions ♪ ♫ No time for losers ♪ ♫ 'Cause we are the champions ♪ ♫ Of the world! ♪ ♫
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 08, 2017, 09:18:57 pm »

"Oh my. Yes, I suppose I shall do just that. Well, I suppose I should find my things. Hopefully the commander of this fort didn't see fit to make use of my merchandise. Honestly, the nerve of some people..." Yarun began to walk away from the two men.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 08, 2017, 09:24:00 pm »

Martyn was about to let him wander off, when a thought struck him.  An Aneccan trader?  And given the clothing, probably a fairly wealthy one...

"...Wait.  Hold on.  I'll help."

It was, fortunately, easy enough to catch up to the portly man.

"I imagine a man like you comes from a family of some note.  What is it you were planning to trade down here, in Izzarra?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 08, 2017, 09:29:45 pm »

Kaldach's eye opened wider, stare intensifying as his voice lowered further.
: "Only because it's surrounded by a bunch of bodies which it's suddenly not allowed to attack. When I was alone, they were my greatest asset. No reason to turn against me, and every reason to reduce my enemies to mincemeat." As he continued on, his muscles seemed to tighten further and his voice soon lowered into gravely, sword-induced growling, "These things are the only difference from my being here now and rotting away in a shallow grave!"

His teeth seemed to gnash with his last words, but with a pause he looked down towards his weapon hand- Devil Sword emanating an ominous glow. Turning aside very briefly, he lifted it back into the makeshift scabbard drawn behind him. As his grip released, his muscles immediately loosened. When he next spoke, his voice returned to its normal tenor.
: "I underestimated its hunger. Once. One error. It's not beating my command again. End of story."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 09:31:33 pm by CrimsonEon »

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 08, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »

"We saved a merchant," Liam said, mostly to himself as he followed Martyn. "At least that's something."

He knew only too well what it was like to be dragged into the middle of conflict - growing up there had been no other choice. But that didn't have to be true everywhere, at least not all the time.

Well, no time for that, really. Best to stick to the practical. Maybe he could get a little more pay. Maybe they could buy a few wares. He could hope for that much.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 08, 2017, 09:32:13 pm »

"Oh, not actually in Izzarra. Not as such. More passing through to Mordo. No money in Izzarra these days, mores the pity." Yarun was making his way to the rear of the fort, not actually looking at Martyn. "I mostly sell weapons and tools from Viterine. Sort of a middle man, you see. But Mordo has apparently changed their trade policy without seeing fit to make any form of announcement! You can't traffic weapons within Izzarran borders anymore. Apparently its too 'dangerous'" Yarun's tone took on notes of sarcasm as he made finger quotes in the air. "and a 'threat to regional stability'. As if I'm to know! And of course I had to be detained as well, can't just turn me 'round and send me on my way, oh no, that's simply too much. I'm an honest man and if I'm not permitted to move weapons within the border I'm happy to take my business elsewhere."
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 146