Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106356 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #525 on: May 06, 2017, 07:26:04 am »

"As I said to them, if we 'eaded to Chilcinne I could get some of the bandit clans to 'elp, though they ain't much better than Mordo. Better they bleed than us, though."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:12:53 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 06, 2017, 01:09:40 pm »

"No..." Farra twirled an arrow between her fingers as she thought about what had happened.

Death still wasn't something Farra was comfortable with. It was easier since she decided that freeing Izzarra was a good idea, but mostly out of necessity. She hadn't known Rina well, but the innkeeper was somehow fine with someone who barely fought before becoming a part of this resistance.

To think that she was only here to prevent this from happening... To see the world become a better place, to become like she thought it was. But now wasn't the time for that. She had to be hardened.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 06, 2017, 01:20:26 pm »

Liam forced himself out of his thoughts.

"I know some people in Chilcinne as well. We could find some shelter there, though I'd rather not get them involved with this."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 06, 2017, 01:59:11 pm »

: "..."
Kaldach wordlessly grunted in frustration on hearing the news, drawing the wooden sword off his back and immediately stabbing it into a small hay bale. He continued to pace beside it while listening to the others' suggestions.
: "I don't have much to offer. Any other allies I had are either dead or on the run."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 06, 2017, 02:43:11 pm »

"As I said before, Roux.  Bandits may help, but they won't be enough to save Izzarra.  Though, as we'd need to go through Chilcinne anyway..."

"There are no few nations who might yet be willing to strike against Mordo, or foreign fighting bands ready to jump to relieve the plight of ours."

"...I've some friends amongst the Guilds in Viterine, and some of my father's old merchant contacts may be amenable to persuasion.  We may be able to find suppliers amongst them.  Or even soldiers, should they be particularly rich and we particularly lucky."

The man tapped the table, then drew a bit of parchment and charcoal from within his cloak.

"I can begin compiling a list.  What of the rest of you?  Do we have any others we could contact?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 06, 2017, 02:56:03 pm »

"My father and I have contacts among the confederation of nobles in Rheane. If we could get into contact with them, we may perhaps convince a few of the better-hearted nobles to join our cause."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 06, 2017, 05:41:21 pm »

Roux scowled at the patronising words.
"I know what yer said, jackass! Never said they'd be 'nough on their own, any'ow!"
"'S just worth keeping in mind for the rest of yer."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 06, 2017, 07:29:14 pm »

Farra placed the arrow back in its quiver after a few minutes.
"I might be able to contact merchant friends of my parents for suppliers or mercenaries that often help protect caravans, but I doubt it'll be much help."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 06, 2017, 07:46:20 pm »

Sam buried her face in her hands at the news and struggled to not weep in frustration.

"I'm sorry...I can't think of anyone I can get in touch with for help. Certainly not anyone with soldiers and money."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 06, 2017, 08:19:58 pm »

Sharne shook her head.

"I highly doubt those of my country would help like Farra said. I am here because of a blood oath. My town would not get involved in that, it is my responsibility. And others in the country would likely be looking for money in exchange for any help they provided."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 06, 2017, 09:12:34 pm »

"...And if we had money, there might be wiser places to go first.  Still, there might be someone, if we look hard enough..."

Martyn glanced over at Sam with no small amount of concern.  But it wasn't as though he had much to say that could comfort her, now.  Both of them knew well enough what it was like to lose friends and allies in this war.  And he knew more than most how much it hurt to feel like you could have done something to save them.

He gave another sigh, scribbling down on the parchment with a piece of charcoal.

"We should search everywhere we can.  Malda.  Chilcinne.  The White Knights of Rheane.  Sudanta.  The clans of Kaite, the chiefdom and mercenaries of Qun.  The Guilds of Viterine... Even Anecca and Ryine might provide something, however unlikely."

Martyn set down the charcoal, pushing his work to the center of the table, several notes written along the side--details, mostly, on who knows who.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"It would take time.  Months, even, while the country starves.  But wars are not won in a day, and if we do not build a coalition, I fear it won't be won at all."

"To my mind, then, the choice is between going to Chalcinne or trying to reverse the path, crossing the deserts of Anecca... with little in the way of supplies, save what we can steal."
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:30:11 pm by Lucus Casius »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 07, 2017, 01:22:31 am »

For Brock's part, he was unusually quite upon receiving the news of the inn keeper's death. His face was angry, but not usually so. If it was any different from his normal expression, it was difficult to tell. His muscles didn't tense. Nothing got broken. His only response was an extended silence, until the hooded revolutionary mapped out the plan for the future.

"Nearly every country you plan to visit is connected to the sea. Why not use the ocean for travel instead of a land route?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 07, 2017, 01:59:09 am »

"Do you have a ship?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 07, 2017, 02:07:59 am »

"I have an axe. I have directions to the harbor. And I have nine allies with flexible morals. I can get a ship."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 07, 2017, 02:16:09 am »

"Do you know how to sail a ship?"
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 146