Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106353 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #480 on: April 28, 2017, 07:24:21 pm »

: "Well, the biggest problem in my mind is the fact that those soldiers might have seen our faces. If one of us shows up in town and that's where they're staying, they might recognize that person. He or she could be captured even if the Mordos don't know about Rina.

I'm from this area. I could find us some places to hide that no one other than a local would even think about."

Sam held her drum set over her head to try and keep even a little bit of the rain off.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 29, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »

"It's a risk, Sam.  I know.  But we've lost a lot of good people."

"I don't want to go and abandon another if she's in danger. Not if we can avoid it."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 29, 2017, 05:48:09 pm »

His vision almost obscured by his hair, Liam felt like nothing more than a wet dog. Still, weather was the least of their problems.

"She sheltered us all this time. Least we can do is check up on her."

"But we'd better figure out how we're going to meet again if we split."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 29, 2017, 05:58:52 pm »

That was a very good point.

: "Well, we do have a head start on those guys back there. If we hurry we can check on Rina, grab her if needed, and then hide. Or at least we can check to see if the town guard is out and about."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 29, 2017, 06:06:31 pm »

"Together, then?  Hm."

"It may be quicker that way.  But if we go together, we shouldn't go into hiding.  We need to head west."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 29, 2017, 06:10:29 pm »

: "Wait, we do? What's west?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 29, 2017, 06:33:30 pm »

"'...There are no words to express the abyss between isolation and having one ally. It may be conceded to the mathematician that four is twice two. But two is not twice one; two is two thousand times one.'"

"The resistance grows smaller and weaker by the day.  Few groups with as much strength as this one can survive, and if we continue to fight on our own..."

"We won't survive.  We'll end up as the Millton branch are.  Dead, or in prison and awaiting our death."

"We can't do this on our own.  We need allies, and those in our homeland have fallen.  We need a coalition--or at the very least, powerful supporters--if we are to push Mordo back."

"And that is what we can find to the west.  Those nations which may still bear a grudge against Mordo, or which may still be willing to come relieve the plight of Izzarra."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 07:14:45 pm by Lucus Casius »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 29, 2017, 07:14:40 pm »

Sharne had stayed quiet up until then, not really caring if the annoying thief set off on his own. He was still trying to control the party's moves though, and she'd finally had enough.

"Enough. We go back as a group to check on Rina, this I agree with. She has supported us, and we supported her. We need to continue to do so and to let her know what happened. What happens after that will depend on what we find when we reach her. But you. Enough with this acting like you're in charge. You did it before and you're doing it again. You're the newest to this group and we all have experience, not just you. Rina has been our leader and that has always been enough. If she is... If something has happened to change that, then we can decide on how to move forward. But until then, we are all in this together. As equals. So no one goes off on their own and we work together. Not one person deciding what we 'need' to do."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 29, 2017, 07:36:25 pm »

Martyn sighed, shaking his head.  The cloaked man gave the swordswoman a little glance, then focused his eyes ahead of him once more, continuing to walk.

"I'm not making the pretense of controlling you, Sharne.  Or any of the others.  Only saying what I believe needs to be done.  If it seemed otherwise, I apologize."

"Nevertheless... if we're agreed on trying to help Rina, that's enough, for now."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 29, 2017, 07:37:16 pm »

"Now's not the time. Let's argue points, not the process."

"Kaldach was the one who said to split up, and I agree. Someone's got to risk their neck to find Rina. Bad enough to risk one of us already. This isn't a fight - if it's all of us, we'll be counted and we'll be caught."

"Then it'll be a fight. We barely got out of the last one."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 29, 2017, 07:39:05 pm »

: Not this again...those damn Mordians will be able to find us just by following the yelling.

: "So that's...five in favor of finding Rina. Anyone else have suggestions? We also need a place to meet-up if only one or two go to get her."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 29, 2017, 07:57:47 pm »

Brock was shivering in the rain, completely drenched from head to toe

"...She said they asked us to come here for some vague plan, and it was a trap. Its possible Mordo sent the last message, in which case they already know were she is. If she is still alive by the time we get there, she is probably either on the run or captured. Even if that isn't the case, the last raid would make our location much easier to find. They will be ready for us in town. Sending a lone musician would only work under the best circumstances. We should all go.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 30, 2017, 02:20:04 am »

"No one was suggesting Sam be the one to go, Brock, should only one of us attempt it."

"The issue is that, if we travel together, it's more likely that we'll be found.  And if the Mordoans are present in force, our band might not be able to fight them to free her.  Nor will we be able to rely on the same fortune which saved our lives tonight."

"A lone person, or smaller group of people, may be able to get into town without drawing attention, get Rina out of town without catching someone's eye, and escape without being tracked.  We would also be able to move through the countryside more easily if we were to split into smaller groups, at least for a time."

"By contrast, should it come to a fight--something we want to avoid, if possible--we'd be even more limited in our ability to respond.  We would also need to settle on somewhere to meet."

"Just to make it clear to everyone what the options are, as they stand.  And this ignoring the possibility of sending only a few of us into town to scout while the others remain in hiding outside of it, though that still removes the advantage of moving through the countryside without much notice."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 30, 2017, 01:39:27 pm »

"Having most of us on the outskirts of town sounds like a good option,"

Farra was slowly calming down, as her head didn't turn back every 2 seconds anymore. Granted, it was now every 10 seconds, but it was a start.

"But how long are we gonna search for before assuming she's on the run or captured?"

"Hopefully it's the former if it comes to that, but still..."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 30, 2017, 01:42:05 pm »

Sharne frowned, tapping her sword hilt as she considered what the man had said. Finally she spoke up.

"I apologize if I spoke in haste. If that was not your intention, then I will trust you for now. I suppose I was simply still on edge after everything that has occurred today."

The discussions was still going on, and she frowned as more people started to seem to support splitting up.

"This rebellion is split up enough already. We've seen it proven today that using small groups does not prevent attention. I would rather we all be together so that we can fight if something happens. Though I do understand the concern. Sending in one or two people only to retrieve Rina from the city would be a good solution. I would support that so long as we stick together on the return trip."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 146