Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106314 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2017, 03:15:23 pm »

"Ah, yes, hanging. Have you ever seen a man hanged to death before? Now tell me-which way would you do it? Would you find a nice tall tree, maybe with a drop over it. Then you line them one by one and tie that little noose over their head. Then you push them off. You have to listen for the snap-like a twig breaking in half. If you don't hear it, it means their neck didn't break right. Then their face turns purple as the rope steals their air until they run out. Then you have to find a taller ledge or tree, or push better. Of course, if you do it right, their head goes at an angle. Maybe their tongue hangs out a bit, and you can tell a dead man's eyes from someone who is still living at a glance. Then the next one comes. He is lighter than the rest, so you have to find a steeper drop for it to work right. It takes a while, so you have to listen to the group beg and plead while their tears stain the ground. Of course, this would take too long and we were on a tight schedule. Maybe you just find the nearest tree and string them up like lanterns. They all go purple face as the rope strangles them, but you don't have to waste time making sure their necks snap right. Of course you should check to make sure none are still breathing at the end of this-sometimes it gets screwed up and only mostly cuts off the airways. Does this sound better? Does this sound cleaner? Does this sound like something I could ignore while happily guzzling away at wine?"

Brock sets Martyn down as the leader ordered, before turning to the priest. Instead of responding, he just glances at him silently for several moments, before leaving the area.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2017, 03:18:40 pm »

Bertholt watches him go, before sighing. He returns to where he was, a contemplative expression on his face.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2017, 03:26:46 pm »

Rheaaaa. Normally, in banditland, the fight would be over, the victor established, and the matter dealt with. This went going on way longer and much less interestingly. Blah, blah, angst.
"Rhea's tits, you lot like to talk. Yer shoulda just thumped it out and settled the damn issue that way. Don't leave as much bad blood."
She shrugged and took a bite of jerky.
"Ain't none of my business, though, so 'ave fun."
She took a seat on a crate and began sharpening her spear.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2017, 03:28:07 pm »

Bertholt snorts at Roux.
"Rhea's tits? That's.....a new one."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2017, 03:32:48 pm »

"Heheh. If yer think that's new, wait 'til yer 'ear some of the ones me da used to say."
Wait, wait, wait.
"'Ang on a second, Blueberry. Thought you priests were menna be 'gainst blas- blaspham- cursin' 'gainst the goddess, anyway."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2017, 03:34:32 pm »

"The Goddess will hardly care if you speak mere profanities in her name, my friend; it is the character of the man, not the words that matter. And it is 'blasphemy', the word you are looking for."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2017, 03:44:33 pm »

Martyn dusts off and readjusts his cloak, watching the axeman carefully until he was out of sight.  Then, with a sigh, he turns back to the others.

"Rina, I'm sorry for that mess.  Sharne.  I may count myself in the right for interfering with the fight, but that doesn't mean I didn't still speak out of turn in trying to give you orders.  You have my apologies."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »

Farra comes out once she hears Brock finish his speech. So, this is what these kinds of things can do to a group...

This is why I'm an archer...

"At least this seems to be over,"

She continued taking care of the crates that remained while trying not to bump into Brock in particular. The last thing she needed was to be strangled by her own ally.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2017, 03:48:46 pm »

Rina shrugged. "Brock's been hot headed as long as I've known 'im. As long as he doesn't draw a blade on any of us, I'm ready to keep housing and feeding him. Just watch how you talk to the rest. We're all comrades here, and we don't have ranks. This ain't the military."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 30, 2017, 03:50:47 pm »

He nods.

"I'll keep it in mind."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 30, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »

"I-I knew that!"
Her look of disgruntlement vanished and she grinned.
"Me da used to send it'd send me to 'ell if I blasphemed, so 'e'd beat my ass whenever I did. Course, 'e did too, so..."
She shrugged, still smiling.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2017, 04:12:02 pm »

"There's hardly proof that there is an "after", let alone a Hell. Still, I doubt the Goddess would condemn someone to eternal suffering over a few curses."
Bertholt notes the story about being beaten and looks a little troubled by it, but it passes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 30, 2017, 04:18:37 pm »

"Wait, so you dunno if there's an 'ell? 'Ow come? Ain't yer supposed to know this stuff, bein' a priest an' all?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 30, 2017, 04:21:51 pm »

"Much of our time is spent contemplating over the little the Goddess left us, I'm afraid. We act in accordance with what we believe she would have wanted."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 30, 2017, 05:04:12 pm »

Sam sidled up to Martyn after the confrontation ended.

"Why don't you just tell them about your experience? You've probably been in the resistance longer than most, and you've led people before."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 146