Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106282 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2017, 08:28:52 pm »

The soldiers, who had been quiet up to now, unsure of their fate, did not have much time to cry or beg for their lives. The last of the five kept his eyes shut, trying desperately not to hear the sounds of his comrades being murdered.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »

"...Henry managed to get me a warning, before they could trap me.  It gave me enough time to escape.  After that..."

Martyn gave a weak shrug, tucking his knife away as the last of the paint was removed.  He walked around the side of the cart to check the harness.  Work helped him to think.

"I was a wanted man, as I'm sure you know.  Enough Mordoan soldiers and bounty hunters knew or suspected I'd survived to chase me up and down the country.  They were too close on my tail to settle down, and joining another cell would've just brought the hunters down on them too, so..."

"I ended up losing them in the desert.  Anecca.  And from there I went to Viterine, where I could at least keep myself fed."

"It took longer to return than I would have liked."

He grew silent, after that, as the sounds of Brock's... work... rose over the path.  The revolutionary tried to ignore it.

"...I'm sorry, Sam.  For what little that's worth."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2017, 09:14:13 pm »

Kaldach noticed Sharne waving him over. After pausing to sigh to himself, he approached to respond.
: "If this is about how I was flanked near the end of the fight, then I'll say it again; I work best under pressure."
As she pointed out the sword, the mercenary shrugged, waving the sheathed blade behind his shoulder.
: "Yeah. Rare weapon that Mordo's had their hands on. Hard to use, but I've handled them before so best I hold on to it."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 28, 2017, 09:19:08 pm »

"No. It was going to be an apology. I didn't help protect you and while you were fine, which is good to see, things could have gone poorly. Esther was hurt badly at one point and I did nothing. You were surrounded and I was bleeding out. I promise that I will do my best to make sure that does not happen in the future."

A rare weapon that was best used by him? Interesting.

"What sort of weapon is it then?I've no interest in taking it from you, especially if you think it is best suited to your fighting style, I am simply interested in what it is. I wouldn't have expected a caravan like this to have much of note."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 28, 2017, 09:34:00 pm »

Kaldach paused for a moment, eyes looking to the side, before answering.
: "...Lava rock. Stuff holds an edge far better than steel can, but breaks easy if you apply it wrong."
Waving off, he grunted in irritation as he changed the subject.
: "And I still say you're working yourself too hard for a couple ramshackle rebels. People live and people die every day. We're no different, protection or not."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 28, 2017, 09:41:41 pm »

"Huh. Interesting... I don't think I've ever seen such a blade before. Perhaps some time you'll let me try it out. Not in battle or anything. just in a sparring match or something. It's always good to see how different weapons handle."

He certainly didn't seem to be interested in talking about it, but she figured it was better to leave it at that for now.

"I know what you and Esther say. But neither of you understand. And so I'll continue to do my best and continue to apologize when I fail. People live and people die, but you two saved my life and so I owe you that blood debt. To do anything less would serve only as dishonor to me and my family. And that is something I could never do."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 28, 2017, 10:00:27 pm »

With the contents of the wagons secured, the troop made their way to the contact Rina had specified. It was well south of Balkore and in the middle of the night when they found a small abandoned farmhouse. The windows were haphazardly boarded and the door shut. This was the place, according to what they'd been told, but there was no sign of their contact.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2017, 10:03:19 pm »

Sharne frowned, drawing her sword and glancing around as she moved towards the front of the group.

"Careful. Something seems to be wrong. Bertholt stay towards the back, you too Esther and Farra. Kaldach, come with me?"

Sharne slowly moved forward, looking for signs of life or of a struggle.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:06:16 pm by Swordstar »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2017, 10:07:18 pm »

Kaldach took a large bite out of the bread ration in his hand, drawing his gaze across the farmhouse, and then the horizon around them.
: "*nrf* ...Grh, never easy. *narf*"
Stashing the bread away and pulling the makeshift wooden sword into his weapon hand, he strafed forward towards the farmhouse beside Sharne.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2017, 10:07:45 pm »

Brock leans back on the cart, the axes somewhere in his vicinity. They did enough to get these things, losing them at this point would be infuriating.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2017, 10:09:10 pm »

Aside from the sound of the wind moving through the grass and distant sounds of wildlife, the night was very quiet. Sparse clouds would occasionally obscure the waxing half moon, hampering visibility even further. Kaldach and Sharne carefully and quietly made their way to the farmhouse entrance, but still their contact failed to appear.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2017, 10:18:18 pm »

Kaldach stared at the farmhouse entrance, quite unconvinced, and looked back at Martyn.
: "...We could use some more light up here."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2017, 10:26:06 pm »

Martyn had been sitting up on the cart, eyes scanning the surroundings like a hawk.  He didn't like the situation anymore than sharne did; less, perhaps.  Their contact had failed to appear, and that could mean any number of things.  That they had been delayed, maybe.  Or that they had been captured, or turned.  And if one of the latter...

He glanced down at Kaldach as he called back, giving the man a slight nod before handing the reins off to Sam and hopping down.  A few seconds of fishing in the back, and a few seconds more with a bit of flint and steel in his tool kit, and he brought forth a small lantern casting a soft glow around it.  More than enough.  Even if he was a bit hesitant about lighting the area more than necessary.

He met the other two near the door to the farmhouse, looking at it and giving them both another nod.

"Here.  Try the door.  I can handle it if it's locked."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:29:40 pm by Lucus Casius »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2017, 10:32:45 pm »

Kaldach placed his weapon hand- sword still grasped- on the door.
: "Keep it high. Need as much coverage as possible."
Holding his off-hand up, he extended three fingers. Then two. Then one, a moment before he abruptly pressed his shoulder into the door.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2017, 10:41:52 pm »

There was a loud thunk, and the door held firm against Kaldach's shoulder. Before he could crash into the door again, the sound of latches being undone came from behind the door, and it opened just far enough for the light of the lantern to illuminate an eye. "Something I can help you with, friend?" The voice was not remotely friendly.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 146