Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106271 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2017, 10:07:45 pm »

"..."

There had been something... strange, in the man's expression.  For just a moment there.  The revolutionary was almost certain of it.  Blood, it felt like.  And darkness.

But when he looked again, it was gone.  Perhaps fatigue was getting to him.  Or that glass of wine.  In either case... he was thinking and worrying too much on it, when he should have been focused on the task at hand.

"Good to hear.  We'll need quite a lot, before this is through."

The man shut the now-empty case, pushing it back up onto the cart.  They'd probably find a simpler use for that, later.  For now...

"Unless you want to use it now, we should find some more rope."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »

As Kaldach looked over the blade, he noticed that text had been engraved on the side that had been facedown in the case.

"So it is done as Vissar had done at the end of the first age."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2017, 10:28:38 pm »

"You intend to hang them, then?" Liam said mildly, his eyes still on the prisoners.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2017, 10:41:47 pm »

Brock stumbles over to the group (by choice-the drink wasn't nearly potent enough for a man of his size to get tipsy) and drops the empty bottle to the ground.

"Murmpmurmph *gulp*"

He then goes to talk-his mouth still munching on fish. He swallows what he has before trying again.

"Can't beat red meat, but fish isn't bad every once and a while...Right, those guys. Probably easiest to just let them walk away. Mordo will figure out the group was slaughtered sooner or later anyway. If these guys tell their bosses there was only ten of us, they might send a smaller group to try wiping us out. If they come walking along and find that their guards were killed to a man, they'll assume it was a much larger group and respond in kind. Besides, they are obviously harmless, and I am in a good mood for the first time in forever."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2017, 10:47:07 pm »

"I just figured I'd ask," Liam added, after Brock threw in his two cents. "I'm a sellsword, after all. I'm in no position to start moralizing now."

Still, he made no move to look for rope, if that was what it meant.

He'd had Rheanine sympathies in his youth. Or when he was younger, if he was still young. It was hard to tell how old he was supposed to feel these days, when everyone seemed to be growing up far too fast. He had always hoped Chilcinne was not an accurate reflection of what the world was supposed to be.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2017, 10:49:54 pm »

"If we let them go, they'll be able to identify us."

"I'm not eager to have my face known to the enemy.  Not again.  More risk in that than whatever assumptions the garrisons might make."

Martyn glanced over at the prisoners, shaking his head.

"I don't like it.  But they're the enemy, too, bound or not.  And we aren't in a position to keep prisoners, or to let them walk free."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2017, 11:13:19 pm »

"If we let them go, they'll be able to identify us."

"I'm not eager to have my face known to the enemy.  Not again.  More risk in that than whatever assumptions the garrisons might make."

Martyn glanced over at the prisoners, shaking his head.

"I don't like it.  But they're the enemy, too, bound or not.  And we aren't in a position to keep prisoners, or to let them walk free."

"They are on foot, and the closest town is a night away on horseback. By the time they make it to anyone who would listen, all they would be able to remember was a handsome giant and his fellow foreigners had done this. Not enough to work on anything more than a rough wanted poster, at least. We got lucky by capturing the whole group, our original plan had at least one cart escaping, didn't it? If we were going to kill them all anyway, why did we waste the time to tie them up in the first place? It would have been better for everyone just to stab them there."

"But I can see your reasoning. I wouldn't stop you if you tried to kill them-if anything, I should probably be the one to do it. Axes are better for executions than your little knife or a short rope."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2017, 11:22:34 pm »

Of course. Of course, she HAD to miss that easy shot and make things harder for the others. Farra went to grab her misfired arrow and place it back in her quiver.
Liam swept his gaze over the others. Martyn, Kaldach and Brock were occupied, by the wagon's contents, and so were Esther and Sharne, by each other.

"The rest of you all right?"

I'm feeling that last hit, but I'll be fine. How about you? Farra quickly grabbed a cup for herself and took a sip. She didn't usually drink, but she figured that this occasion was worth celebrating.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2017, 11:30:38 pm »

"I'm fine, Farra, thank you." He almost made to ask her about the prisoners, but thought better of it. If she had an opinion, she would share it. It was hardly his place to drag her into this discussion, though they would all share the consequences equally.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2017, 11:33:47 pm »

"...So long as you make it quick, fine."

"I'll prepare the wagons, unless there are any further objections."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:35:50 pm by Lucus Casius »

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2017, 11:45:58 pm »

"I'm fine, Farra, thank you." He almost made to ask her about the prisoners, but thought better of it. If she had an opinion, she would share it. It was hardly his place to drag her into this discussion, though they would all share the consequences equally.

"Glad to hear it," Farra kept taking sips at her drink, though she tried not to look at the prisoners too much. Now wasn't the time to think about the group's actions too hard, considering this was the way it was now.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2017, 03:28:50 am »

Bertholt slowly pulls himself to his feet, still rather bashed up and dishevelled.
"That was.....unpleasant."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2017, 06:35:37 am »

Sam drank her glass of wine slowly, savoring the taste...and also hoping to keep her nearly-empty stomach from tossing it all back up.

: This isn't victory, not yet. It is, however, a first step. One that is long overdue.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2017, 03:15:32 pm »

Roux forced herself back upright, smearing vulnerary on the worst of things. It'd do. At least she had the stuff this time. She'd had to stitch wounds before and hope for no infection.
"Urgh. Stealin' 'orses was way easier than that."
She turned and marched towards Bertholt.
"Oi, blueberry!"
She thumped him on the shoulder (but not that hard, at least), scowling.
"Yer gotta be more careful, dumbass! Since you got stabbed, I got distracted, so I got 'it as well. All yer got is that fancy stick! So stay more out of the fight next time."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2017, 03:20:56 pm »

"My apologies, Roux. I was simply hoping to watch your back, so to speak. The axemen, I'm afraid, were too close for comfort."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 146