Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106280 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1905 on: September 08, 2018, 06:25:01 pm »

Sharne sat and silently moped; eventually roux just shrugged again and wandered back.

"The Qun 'ave them big scraps, right? Mebbe they're gonna 'ave one o' them soon. That could be a way."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: September 08, 2018, 06:50:03 pm »

"Well, it's worked to get me in a relationship before... though I haven't tried it on guys, but that's probably obvious. I have some friends that have though." Not gonna point out it's not a relationship that lasted... but that was a one off case.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: September 13, 2018, 03:50:07 pm »

"Hold on a second. How are we so sure Qun will be useful? Mercenaries must be paid, and unless I'm mistaken, we're hardly aflush with funds to pay them with. We can scarce afford to keep ourselves afloat and keep Liam paid, let alone paying an entire force of mercenaries big enough to invade Izzarra."

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: September 13, 2018, 03:57:37 pm »

Kaldach shrugs, slanting his mouth.
: "Not like we have much of a choice left. Anecca, Viterine, unless someone else has contacts they were sitting on, all we've got left is to go country to country and beg, or just walk back into Izzarra ourselves."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: September 13, 2018, 04:06:36 pm »

"Walkin' right back ain't gonna 'elp us none. I'm tough, but I ain't beat-a-'ole-nation tough."
Roux scratched at her scalp.
"Mentioned I could get some o' th' Chilcenne crew to 'elp. Coupla ways o' doin' it, even."
"An' even iffn we ain't got no luck there, plenny of shit we can nick that might 'elp us 'ire some mercs as well."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: September 13, 2018, 04:41:31 pm »

"....perhaps it might be prudent to drop by my homeland. We won't be getting military help, not by any means, but no country, as far as I'm aware, on its own has a force willing or able to single-handedly overturn Mordo's occupation. If you would hear me out, of course. In any case, if we are heading to Chilcenne, Rheane shares a border and so it would be no large effort to cross into Chilcenne through Rheane, as Roux and I can attest to."
He gives Roux a knowing look.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:01:59 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: September 13, 2018, 06:26:09 pm »

"Heh, yeah. Crossin' were easier than stealin' candy from a kid, even when I was carryin' a prisoner like a sack o' turnips."
"Not like I'd do that, o' course. "

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: September 13, 2018, 10:10:51 pm »

: "If you're confident, it really doesn't make any difference to me. Whatever gets us back in shape to fight Mordo again faster."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: September 14, 2018, 01:54:02 pm »

Martyn had gotten a bit distracted wondering whether any of them actually paid Liam at any point.  Surely someone did.  He was a mercenary, after all.  But he'd never done it, and he'd never seen any of the others doing it.  Maybe they'd all just forgotten and Liam was too shy to speak up?

Martyn gave himself a little shake, pinching the bridge of his nose.  After a few moments, he lowered his hand, looking back towards the others.

"I fear you may be right, Bertholt.  Without more obvious evidence from Kaldach to show others, and without any direct funding we might have hoped to gain here or in Anecca, we're unlikely to find enough to make the trip to Qun worthwhile..."

"But what support do you expect to find in Rheane?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: September 14, 2018, 07:22:13 pm »

"It will not be to your liking, Martyn, but I propose we seek help from my fellows, men of the cloth. Unlike mercenaries or national armies, they need only convincing that it would be Rhea's will that they help out in Izzarra. We're not likely to get large groups of monks willing to abandon their monasteries, but those like myself, who see a cause in Izzarra's suffering, they might be swayed."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: September 14, 2018, 10:04:27 pm »

"It will not be to your liking, Martyn, but I propose we seek help from my fellows, men of the cloth. Unlike mercenaries or national armies, they need only convincing that it would be Rhea's will that they help out in Izzarra. We're not likely to get large groups of monks willing to abandon their monasteries, but those like myself, who see a cause in Izzarra's suffering, they might be swayed."

"This group ain't exactly the type Priests like having long conversations with."

"With one exception, in both directions."
"It might be easier to convince 'em if they can see the occupation's bruises up close as you have. Tying all of 'em up and bringing 'em back would take too long, as effective as that has been. Rhea sounds like the type of place refugees would run to. Who better to run to than the Goddess when times are hard? If we can find some good sob stories from the involuntary pilgrims, it shouldn't take much to get the holy men to back us."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: September 15, 2018, 01:41:29 am »

"You're right.  I don't like it."

"The people need assistance, true.  Both in food and medicine, which Rheane has so far been loathe to provide.  But let us say you convince them; that you find one of Brock's involuntary pilgrims to speak on our behalf.  What then?"

"Izzarra ill needs needs healers content only to prescribe them willowbark while a tumor festers within."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:54:54 am by Lucus Casius »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: September 15, 2018, 02:07:33 am »

Bertholt simply gives Brock and Martyn a lifted eyebrow when they imply priests aren't at all helpful or willing to be in the cause.
"And we ill need another failed attempt at gathering the manpower that we desperately need and yet cannot afford.

None of us here have the power to convince any nation to help us, not politically, not unless the others have some connection with the remaining states we have yet to visit. We have barely any money, so an entire army of mercenaries is out of the question, not unless we're willing to attempt to convince them that we will pay them after the war, the outcome of which is still unknown. And we cannot return to Izzarra mostly empty-handed; then we will have done a disservice to those who died in the service of its liberation. We must take what we can, not what we wish we had. If we took Viterine's help, then we can take Rheane's.

If we cannot rouse the spirits of Izzarra with the hope of an incoming army for the moment, perhaps the promise of some relief may help soothe the spirit, return some hope to its people, and alleviate the burden the Mordoans are likely putting on them. That hope is not coming from anywhere else, and too long have those who lived in the land of Rhea and revere Rhea the most remained idle while Rhea's flock suffers elsewhere. This must change.

As for the likely diplomatic consequences of the Mordoans assailing these holy men seeking nothing but to heal the innocent? They either risk it, and bring down the ire of Rheane and those nations that still hold faith in Rhea, and perhaps bring the manpower you seek, or do not, and we can perhaps rouse the rebellious spirit of Izzarra from within, and inspire the people to return Izzarra to its former glory."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: September 15, 2018, 02:56:38 am »

Liam rubbed his chin. It was hard to say when he had gotten there, and he hadn't had much to say until now.

"Not much for speeches myself, but it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Might not even just be priests."

"They've got a history of aiding. I remember fighters from Rheane used to cross a bit into Chilcinne to keep the peace when they needed to. Figure our royals were the ones who put an end to that, not Rheane."

He had never asked or thought about why. Maybe it was pride, after losing Malda, after losing law and order to bandits. Maybe it was leadership in the same way that bandits had leaders; a last show of strength because showing weakness was a quick way to be overthrown.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: September 15, 2018, 03:08:02 pm »

"Mm."

"I suppose you may have a point; we can't return home with nothing, and we have little leverage to gain more elsewhere. "

"Very well.  I'll quiet my skepticism, for the time being."
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 146