Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106317 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1815 on: August 08, 2018, 07:30:31 pm »

Brock to 16-11
Sharne move down one, SHANK REGGIE IN THE FACE with the scimitar
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:49:02 pm by Swordstar »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: August 08, 2018, 07:52:52 pm »

Quote from: Liam attacks Thief B!
110+15+10-53=82
Roll: 9-Hit!
23+1-4=20 Damage!

Quote from: Farra attacks Magician B!
99-27=72
Roll: 39-Hit!
20+1+2-6=17 Damage!

Quote from: Sam Performs!
Farra can move again!
Sharne can move again!

Quote from: Sharne attacks Inquisitor Reginald!
105-5-50-10-4-4=32
Roll: 39-Miss!

Inquisitor Reginald counters!
122+10-39-10-4=79
Roll: 99-Miss!

Inquisitor Reginald attacks again!
Roll: 92-Miss!

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

EXP: 20/100

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: August 09, 2018, 07:27:57 pm »

26-7, discuss the merits and methods of popular revolution with the soldier.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: August 09, 2018, 09:53:47 pm »

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: August 10, 2018, 10:47:41 am »

23,4 pilum, then far south as possible
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: August 10, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »

Quote from: Roux attacks Elite Lancer B!
109-30-31=48
Roll: 27-Hit!
20+2-2-11=9 Damage!

Roux attacks again!
Roll: 64-Miss! SkillRoll: 19-Adept!

Roux attacks again!
Roll: 11-Hit!
9 Damage!

~Ally Phase 10~

Suddenly, Vaster perked up, sitting a little straighter as a smile spread on his face. "Took them long enough."

~Enemy Phase 10~

Quote from: Inquisitor Reginald attacks Sharne!
122+10-39-10-4=79
Roll: 30-Hit!
27-4=23 Damage!

Reginald dropped his tome on the floor, where one of his subordinates grabbed it, and drew his devil blade. He maneuvered the edge beneath Sharne's throat as she lay on the ground. "And so the bitch is brought to heel. Any last words?"

But that was when the regular guard for the city of Fang stormed into the building. Their number was well in excess of the Inquisitors men, and the guards demands to disarm were quickly obeyed. Reginald drew back his weapon and sheathed it, cursing.

The totality of his men were swiftly gathered and ejected from the building, Reginald included. As they were marched away, the group was told to: "Stay here. The captain of the guard has questions for all of you."

~Map Complete~

Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)

EXP: 23/100

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: August 11, 2018, 06:59:44 am »

The moment Sharne went down there was darkness on Esther's fingers. When the man asked her if she had last words, there was even more.

"I was about to ask you that." she said, with quiet fury.

This whole time, it had been a familiar situation. She hadn't said much, sure. Sort of on autopilot really. Not this again. Not when they were making real steps, further than any of the past cells she'd been in. She didn't want to die like this. Then, Sharne got down, and there was a sword to her throat, and "autopilot" disengaged.

She was fairly sure she could send off a shot before he did anything to Sharne - but then the guard showed up. Esther did not put away her tome until Reginald was well away from Sharne, at which point she dropped and took out her vulnerary to close the wounds. "Come on, back to your feet, you're fine..." she muttered as she applied it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: August 11, 2018, 08:07:55 am »

Sharne stared up at Reggie, eyes flat, dark, emotionless. What did it matter? No words could save her and any words said would only stroke his ego. No. Better to stay silent. A brief consideration of spitting at him but discarded once she realized it would only amuse him. Better to just die a stoic death. Die protecting those she gas sworn to keep safe. An honorable death.

An honorable death destined to be interrupted. As Reggie pulled his sword away, and Esther knelt by her, offering up precious medicine to heal her, she slowly stood up, sheathing her own sword.

"I'm fine. There's no need to worry about me, Esther. I should have never been in that situation in that first place but your concern is touching."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: August 11, 2018, 12:46:01 pm »

"Yeah, yer better run!" Roux called after the retreating foe. "I see yer 'gain, I'm kickin' yer ass!"

She headed back to the others.

"Yer all managed to not get yerselves krumped while I was gone, then?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: August 12, 2018, 05:13:33 pm »

The sound of the hall quickly fell silent as the sound of departing footfalls faded away. As the conversation between the group faded, Vaster's remaining guard turned up in the throne room. The one that Martyn's group had met spoke up. "Your Majesty, your treasures are all secure, save for your memoirs. It would appear that one of the Inquisitor's men made off with it."

The King scowled. "That took months to dictate."

"Yes your Majesty, I know."

The sound of footfalls returned again, swiftly followed by the entrance of the captain of the guard and a high ranking official from the smithing guild. The Captain of the Guard spoke first. "Your Majesty." His tone was level, but not reverent. "The assailants and intruders have been made to quit the city, and have each been banned for a lifetime."

Vaster almost had a chance to speak before the guild official spoke. "What the hell are you playing at Vaster? We know you called that man for an audience, and he assails your home! What did you do?"

"I am insulted by the insinuation that I somehow brought this brutal attack upon myself and my own."

"Don't you bullshit me, your majesty." The man's sardonic tone was clear. "You're making a deliberate attempt to sour relations between Mordo and ourselves."

Vaster did not smile. Smiling was definitely not what he did. "I would have absolutely nothing to gain from such a thing. I think we both understand that. However, I do not think that simply banning this man and his men from the city is nearly an appropriate punishment."

As the guild official seethed, the captain spoke. "We did briefly consider holding them, but..." He trailed off.

"This is an issue of Mordo treating other nations as their own backyard. They must be reminded that we are a sovereign nation, and not to be trifled with. A ban on exports to Mordo would, I am sure, make our position quite clear..."

The guild official pointed accusingly at Vaster. "We will not accept such a thing! Our wealth depends on exportation of our goods, and the smithing guild will not stand for such a thing!"

"Foreign troops launched an attack on our soil and killed our countrymen, sir." Vaster's tone was level and respectful. "All of the guilds will need to examine the situation, and we shall hold a council meeting to determine the course of action."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: August 13, 2018, 10:48:38 am »

"-And so, as you see, it is the duty of an oppressed people to rise against their oppressors.  When peaceful protest is insufficient--as it sadly often is--it is their duty to claim freedom through revolutionary struggle, as those in Izzarra do against Mordo and-"

Martyn had been following along with the soldier as they returned from the treasury, still talking away over his theories on revolution and largely unaware of or indifferent to the man doing his utmost best to ignore him.  Only when they approached the others did he finally trail off, patting the guard on the back and promising to discuss it with him further, whenever they had a free moment.  For now...

Well, for now, it seemed the representative of the Smithing Guild was behaving as he'd come to expect.  But that could be dealt with, and even with their protests, it would be nigh impossible for the Guilds to justify refraining from sanctions now.  Certainly not if they wished to maintain their sovereignty, or avoid popular protest in defense of a popular king.  They could press for more assistance once the council had convened, so there was no reason to interrupt for that purpose.

Instead, Martyn pulled a book from the bag under his cloak, glancing down at the title for a moment before offering it over to Vaster as the guild official turned away to seethe.

"Are these yours, your highness?  One of the men the Mordoans had sent to raid your treasury was carrying it on them;  I assume they picked it up from your room before we cut them off."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: August 13, 2018, 09:30:52 pm »

"Ah, they were recovered! Thank you, if you could just hand that off to man there-"

The guild official slammed his fist onto the table in the center of the room. "Fine. You'll have your meeting. And when we do, your obvious baiting of foreign officials will be explored."

"What an interesting way to frame an attempt on my life. Captain, could you remove this man from my premises? I've had a difficult day, as I'm sure you can imagine." The captain and the official very quickly made their way out of the room. A few moments later, the King visibly relaxed. "Ah, destroying diplomatic relations is exhausting. I wish I had more to offer, but I hope that a trade embargo against Mordo will be enough to assist your efforts." Vaster tapped his chin in thought. "Well... You did protect some of my more... esoteric possessions. I keep a small stock of crests befitting great warriors. I can offer one, as a supplemental reward. Who among you should like it best?"

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: August 14, 2018, 11:14:31 pm »

Kaldach, only barely recovering from his last few burns, slowly closed and opened his left hand, staring at it as he tested its range of motion. Grunting in frustration, he merely stood by the others.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:10:36 am by CrimsonEon »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: August 15, 2018, 06:53:28 am »

"Iffn yer givin' out free junk, I'll 'ave summin then. Considerin' we even got yer diary back for yer."
She held out a hand expectantly.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: August 15, 2018, 08:21:35 am »

"Now, now, not so hasty, Roux. And.....they were trying to steal your diary?"
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 146