Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106417 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1320 on: January 13, 2018, 05:15:05 pm »

Roux clanged a fist against her breastplate in a Chilcinnean salute and inclined her head in the bare modicum of a bow.
"I'm Roux, bodyguard for Blueb- Bert'olt 'ere an' general ass-kicker."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 14, 2018, 05:39:44 pm »

Martyn swept his cloak behind him, resting his hand against his chest as he gave the man a polished bow.

"Martyn, of the Taine merchant family, formerly of Psariesse."

"We thank you for your invitation.  As our companions have said, it truly is an honor."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: January 14, 2018, 05:49:08 pm »

"Ah yes, the honor is shared! I should say, I was very, very surprised to see my son Yarun returned home so soon, and even more surprised to hear of what befell him. Very messy business from start to finish, and I, as sure as all the citizens of our fair city, and even our nation, thank you for your work at the oasis. Such a tragedy. But again, I thank you very much for your rescue and protection of my youngest son. Please, surely there is something that you..." Sala looked around at the group. "...Who exactly among you is your leader? I am glad you've all come that I may thank you personally, but I don't quite know to whom I should offer a reward."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: January 14, 2018, 06:49:37 pm »

Spoiler: In the Past \o/ (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 14, 2018, 07:29:22 pm »

"I am the spokesperson for us right now, Milord. While we have no official leader right now due to unfortunate circumstances, each of us has different strengths. Therefore we agreed it best if I were to be the closest thing we have to a leader for this meeting."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: January 14, 2018, 07:42:56 pm »

"What an interesting method." Sala Junaid lifted his massive cigar again, and took a long drag upon it before setting it back down. "In any case, on to business! I am sure that you and your band would not be averse to some manner of reward, and I am happy to provide such. I'm sure there's something I could provide to..." His gaze swept over the group once more. "...such a disparate group." His mustache shifted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: January 14, 2018, 07:52:16 pm »

Roux didn't know what disparate meant, but it sounded like he was taking the piss. Her fist clenched by her side and she shifted her weight slightly, face beginning to frown.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: January 14, 2018, 08:05:26 pm »

Sharne took a breath. This was it. And there was a lot.

"Milord, we are but one part of a larger group of rebels in Izzarra, working to free the country from the tyrannical reign of Mordo. I know that a man with such a widespread influence as yourself must have heard of the troubles there, as I know many of our country have heard. I also know that many in our country prefer to stay out of such conflict, simply selling supplies to those who have the money and I understand such a desire. No one wants Mordo's gaze to turn towards their country next. However, we believe that the time for allowing Mordo free rein is over."

This was going to be the tricky part.

"I know that you likely expected us to come ask you for gold or supplies or weapons, but what we ask instead is for your words. Your influence. You are a man of great power in this country and you know others of similar power. Talk to them of Izzarra's plight. Tell them of how her people are starving to supply another country's greed. Warn them that Mordo will only be content with just Izzarra for so long. That eventually their hungry eyes will turn elsewhere. Convince the divided country on Anecca to unit and help liberate Izzarra from her oppressors. Become one of the heroes of the Izzarrian people to be remembered for ages to come. Please. Lend us your support."

The last bit was accompanied by her taking a knee and bowing her head to the man. She didn't know why exactly except that it felt right. After all, the favor they were asking of him was huge. It deserved to be begged, not just asked.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: January 14, 2018, 08:13:17 pm »

The merchant tugged on his mustache for several moments, considering the request. Then he spoke. "That is a hefty claim, to say that Mordo will extend her reach again. In fact, there are some who would say that it is very unlikely. After all, Mordo has left the Izzarran lands as their own nation. Under stewardship, certainly, but I've heard nothing of plans to annex Izzarra. Why would they further their reach under such circumstances?"

"I've no wish to sound unsympathetic to Izzarra or her peoples, however... Well, it's just bad business, launching an attack on one's neighbor. Mordo can hardly be called unfair for retaliating in kind. And leaving the country without leadership of any kind could have led to even more war."
He set his hands upon the arms of the throne. "To ask me to warn of coming misdeeds from the Mordoans... Well, have you any proof that they have any plan of such a thing?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: January 14, 2018, 08:40:01 pm »

Sharne hesitated for a long second and then spoke.

"Perhaps you're right. Perhaps they will be content keeping their boot on Izzarra's neck for the as long as they can. But why would they annex Izzarra? At that point they become citizens of Mordo and would be expected to be treated with some amount of respect instead of like slaves. I simply speak from what I've seen. Already their men grab caravans that do not belong to them. Seize the goods, imprison the men. Even your own son who was delivering good to Mordo, not to Izzarra. They would have simply taken his entire wagon simply because he chose the wrong path to reach them. Perhaps it will not be in this lifetime. But power and greed beget the desire for more power and wealth."

She stayed kneeling, but looked up at the man.

"And if I am wrong, and they do not choose to chase after other countries, does that make the situation right? I know that Izzarra started the war but they have paid for it a thousand times over. There is no justice in what has been done. The man responsible is dead and so are thousands of innocent lives. What little debt there was has long since been wiped clean and Izzarra deserves to be free once more. Please, milord. Have compassion on the innocents who are being punished for the crimes of one man."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: January 14, 2018, 08:49:24 pm »

He began to stroke his mustache again. "It is true. By the accounts I've heard, the Izzarrans are having a very rough time of it. I suppose with their king dead, the true instigator has paid his price in full. This is all very true. But apart from the warm fuzzies, what incentive is there for me? You've saved my son, and cleared bandits out of one of our precious oases, but I'm sure you recognize that that is one thing and this is another. You're asking me to turn Anecca against the most powerful nation in the world. What, as they say, is in it for me?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: January 14, 2018, 08:57:17 pm »

Sharne glanced back at Martyn, a slightl look of worry in her face. They didn't have an answer for this. Not really. Still, she had to try.

"With Izzarra free again, they would once again need goods, need supplies. Need merchants. Your city is the closest to much of Izzarra and would be able to make a great profit off of this. Those who knew of what you had done for them would make sure to prioritize Aneccean goods over others, supporting those who supported them. You would gain the loyalty of an entire country and they would in turn be willing to help if you ever needed it. Add in any profit and loot that might come from fighting Mordo. Izzarra does not need riches. They simply need their freedom. And your merchants would gain freedom too. Freedom to travel and trade with whoever they wanted. Mordo cannot easily turn aside the goods that you offer after all. They are reliant on you already. Think how much more they would need you if they lost a war."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 14, 2018, 09:09:17 pm »

Sala Junaid rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Hmmmmmm. Surely such a nation would be impoverished, however. If they've already been brought to the brink of starvation by their occupants. On the other hand, such things change over time. Hmmmm. Very well. I accept your request. I will reach out to the other merchant lords, and ask that they not sell to Mordo. It will mean less money in our pockets in the short term, but I hope you can help the people of Izzarra put coins back into their purses, that they may make up spending in the future."

"With that, I believe our business is concluded. Unless, of course, there was anything else...?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 14, 2018, 09:14:17 pm »

Sharne took a step back and made a small gesture to Martyn.

"Unless you have anything else?"

She waited for his response before responding to Junaid. She would of course thank him and while this wasn't the exact outcome she had hoped for, it had the potential to have a strong impact. Shortages of food, weapons, and other items were no small thing and might make Mordo more willing to back off with less of a fight.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 14, 2018, 09:38:54 pm »

Martyn couldn't say it was what he had expected, either.  But he also couldn't say he was entirely displeased with it.  Trade was the lifeblood of nations, after all, and the will of the Mordo government might well wither under an embargo.  Certainly the merchants of their nation would have a few things to say on the matter.

"We would be grateful to accept any other aid Sala Junaid would choose to give us regarding equipment or provisions, but this already does much to help our cause.  Though... letters of recommendation to any fellow merchants of note or powerful clients in the other nations might be of great help in gaining meetings with others whose support we might need, and might hasten the liberation."

He paused, considering.  Was there something else?  It was probably best not to push for anything more than that, for now.  Still...

"For now, that will suffice.  Other matters can be dealt with when we've ended the occupation."
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 146