Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106462 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1140 on: December 24, 2017, 12:57:09 am »

"Well, I can't say I didn't get that impression, too. You two are pretty inseparable sometimes."

He suddenly seemed amused.

"I don't think she'd be terribly pleased to hear you told me about her caring for her mother. Doesn't she have a reputation to uphold?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 24, 2017, 12:59:04 am »

Bertholt simply smirks.
"Oh, a priest must have some way of enjoying himself a little. I'm sure her reputation will survive intact."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 24, 2017, 01:07:36 am »

: "Yeah...I was," the musician responded, honestly a little surprised that Martyn had remembered that tidbit. "Y'see, there was a garrison just outside of our village, not far from Father's mill. I'd watch the Izzarran soldiers as they went about their drills, but more importantly I would watch and listen to the company musicians. I thought they were just about the coolest people in the world."

The young woman smiled at the memory while examining the instruments and knickknacks on display. It occurred to the bard that this was one of the first times that her old revolutionary partner had asked questions about her (rather mundane) past.

: "So, being all of ten years old at the time I thought there was nothing I wanted to be more than a musician, lifting spirits and steeling resolves in glorious battle. I gathered some sticks and some flat stones, shingles, whatever would make a decent banging noise, and played along with the military band whenever I had a spare moment. Basically I just learned by example."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: December 24, 2017, 03:31:39 am »

"No formal training at all?  You must have a rare talent for music, then."

"Even ignoring the magic, I can't really say I've ever heard anything quite like it.  There's a certain energy to it, or a focus, I can't fully describe.  But I've never met a musician who really compares."

Martyn shrugged, peering at a scrap of cloth, a ribbon, and what looked like some sort of rabbit's foot within a case.  A mystery as to why these things were here with the rest of it.  And yet, he had the strangest compulsion to try buying them.  Oh well.

"It's something to be proud of.  Even if the drumming might occasionally be a little..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 24, 2017, 01:55:26 pm »

The CHilcinnean sniffed the drink cautiously. It smelt strong and fruity, kind of sweet, a little bit like apples starting to spoil.
"A blood oath, huh. Ain't done nothin' like that. Someone's word ain't worth nothin'. Either they do or they don't. Words got nothin' to do with it."
She chuckled when the flirting was mentioned.
"Yeah, I noticed that she 'ad an eye on yer. Seems like a pain in the ass."
"Unless yer into that, I guess."
With a single motion, she upended her cup as she swallowed the lot. She let out a short breath.
"Woo! That does 'ave a bit o' a kick. Another!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 24, 2017, 02:23:09 pm »

Sharne mumbled something and then swallowed the rest of her drink.

"It is what it is. I've got that on one side and then Kaldach trying to kill himself on the other side. It's an adventure. But what about you? You've got Bertholt to protect, no? At least he's not charging into battle."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: December 24, 2017, 03:55:46 pm »

The bartender stared in horror as Roux emptied her cup in one go, and then at Sharne as she followed suit. To his credit, he did pour them each another serving.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 24, 2017, 05:48:58 pm »

Sharne knew better though, having had this drink before. Instead, she pushed it over to Roux in case she wanted it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 24, 2017, 07:23:09 pm »

"No formal training at all?  You must have a rare talent for music, then."

"Even ignoring the magic, I can't really say I've ever heard anything quite like it.  There's a certain energy to it, or a focus, I can't fully describe.  But I've never met a musician who really compares."

Martyn shrugged, peering at a scrap of cloth, a ribbon, and what looked like some sort of rabbit's foot within a case.  A mystery as to why these things were here with the rest of it.  And yet, he had the strangest compulsion to try buying them.  Oh well.

"It's something to be proud of.  Even if the drumming might occasionally be a little..."

Sam flushed at the compliment, and almost missed Martyn's final comment as a result. Almost.

: "Ah. Uh, heh, sorry about that. These drums are designed to be heard in the middle of some pretty serious battles, where clashing metal and screams and magic going off can drown out a lot of sound. I know we get into some pretty hectic fights, but I guess they don't really need to be played at full volume..."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 24, 2017, 08:21:52 pm »

"Dumbass still gets 'is ass kicked. Everyone 'o ain't a moron knows to go for th' 'ealer first."
Roux raised an eyebrow when Sharne refused the drink, then shrugged and took it. She'd survived the worst of Chilcinnean rotgut; this was not the drink to defeat her.
"...E's a good guy, though. Wants to 'elp others an' all that crap. Coulda 'ad a cushy life in that monkery o' 'is. Dumbass."
She downed another.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: December 25, 2017, 01:37:29 pm »

"Almost sounds like you like him or something. Or at least are closer than just a bodyguard..."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: December 26, 2017, 01:38:49 am »

Finally, here were some deals! The basic stuff was always good to have; there were no good deals on bows, though... Then again, she was the only bow person they had... It couldn't be that hard of a weapon. Then again, she thought that lances were unwieldy, and they had 3 people using them.

Good as the deals may be, this wasn't quite what she was looking for. Let's find a spearsmith!

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: December 26, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »

Martyn almost missed her response beneath the drum-inflicted tinnitus.  Almost.

"Well, it should be fine.  Just be careful not to play too closely to someone's ears."

"Though, that does remind me.  Your magic only works at close range, doesn't it?  Do you have any idea why that is?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: December 26, 2017, 06:07:00 pm »

Sam shrugged helplessly.

: "Marty, I don't even know for sure how I got this magic in the first place, and the Izzarran Mage's Guild isn't exactly in operation anymore. Maybe there's a scholar somewhere on the continent that'd know, but we don't exactly have time to go hunting for one."

: "I will take it easy on the drumming, though. I've been more into singing lately anyway; it feels a little more powerful than just playing instruments, but that might just be in my head. Unless you noticed anything?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: December 26, 2017, 06:49:44 pm »

Farra found a shop selling spears and lances next to an armorer specializing in barding. He was another Aneccan native, dressed in light, understated colors with a few pieces of leather armor. "Well met. You'll not find better quality polearms in the whole of the bazaar."

Spoiler: Altol's (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 146