Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106460 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1125 on: December 23, 2017, 10:49:26 pm »

: "Sounds pretty good," Sam agreed, moving past the painful memory of what was likely the occupation and Martyn's mysterious falling out with his family. "So, do any of these catch your fancy?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 23, 2017, 10:50:56 pm »

"If. It would be nice if she were to return."
Bertholt continues contemplating the Heal staves.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 23, 2017, 11:05:30 pm »

"Hm. Suppose we'll have to get the shopping lists from the others before we get anything. Maybe we ought to drop into a few more bookshops for Esther."

Liam ran a hand through his beard, considering.

"Is where you're from much like everywhere else? Cities, shops, bandits, all the same sort of thing? Few years ago, I was wondering what living there would be like, but I can't say I know much about the place."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 23, 2017, 11:16:03 pm »

"It would be nice to get something for Esther. I feel as if I might know a few books she might like.

As for where I'm from? I must say you've summed it all up. The cities, the shops, the bandits. I would like to say that Rheane is more peaceful than most places, but humans, even those who live in the shadow of Rhea, will be humans."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 23, 2017, 11:33:08 pm »

"Never was much of a book-reader, myself" - understatement - "and is that so? Pity." Then he meant to say human nature had been this way before Vissar, as well? Or had humanity changed through all those forgotten years?

"Means I'd still have some opportunity for work there, I suppose. Still, some peace for those who want it is better than none. I'd bet it can't be as bad as Izzarra, or many other places right now."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 23, 2017, 11:49:15 pm »

"Some..."

Martyn eyed the Jambiya for a time, only to shake his head.

"But it might be a bit out of our price range, at the moment.  We'll see how these next few days go before I commit to buying any of the more interesting blades.  And there are likely other shops selling the simpler ones at a lower rate.  We can try haggling them down once we have comparisons."

The partisan gave the blades one last, wistful look before turning away.

"But that's enough window shopping for me.  Did you want to try checking a music shop?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 23, 2017, 11:55:51 pm »

"Izzarra is worse off than most other places, yes. And perhaps you would; many of my countrymen abhor violence. The White Knights try their best to protect our people, but sometimes, it is not enough. It is part of why my priory learned to wield the lance, myself included; as well-intentioned as the Knights are, we cannot always rely on them.

Did I ever tell you that that is actually how Roux and I met?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: December 24, 2017, 12:00:20 am »

"I haven't heard about it. Sounds like a story."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 24, 2017, 12:06:37 am »

"Ah, yes, well. Roux....she kidnapped me, technically. Knocked me unconscious and kidnapped me to ransom me against the priory."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 24, 2017, 12:09:24 am »

The hooded man didn't look up, but raised his voice so Martyn could hear him over the crowd. "My prices are already as low as I can afford. If you don't like 'em, don't buy my merchandise."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 24, 2017, 12:10:13 am »

: "Sure. They'll probably be out of our budget as well, but it can't hurt to look. Besides, I want to see what sort of instruments they carry in other countries."

Let's go check out a music store!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 24, 2017, 12:23:02 am »

Liam raised an eyebrow. He'd known Roux was Chilcinian, and acted like a bandit (whatever that meant - even though he'd never been the bloodthirsty type, to judge her would be the pot calling the kettle black), but that hadn't been the tale he'd expected.

"I figured she was your bodyguard. Haven't you two said something along those lines?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 24, 2017, 12:40:09 am »

"After she kidnapped me and took me away, we spoke a little; I could hardly escape her clutches, and in any case, I felt that I ought to find out the kind of person who would be so driven as to kidnap a holy man.

After a while, she explained that she wanted the ransom so she could purchase some medicine for her ailing mother; medicine being scarce in her land, unfortunate as she was. Of course, at that time, I had already considered leaving the priory; travellers from Izzarra had already told us about the civil war. Also, I felt that she deserved a second chance, as all people do; we all make mistakes, and perhaps her mistakes had simply led her astray. And in any case, as a servant of Rhea, I could not allow a misfortune I saw to go unaltered. Even if it was a lie, I felt it was my duty to help those in need.

So I offered to heal her mother, if she provided me passage to Izzarra and served as my bodyguard so I may help more people.

She took me to her mother and, well, I gave my word, so I cured her illness as best as I could. She allowed me to return to the priory, I solemnly declared that I must go to aid those in need and ever since, we have been companions. I would even say that Roux is a friend of mine now, vehemently though she might deny it."
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 12:51:16 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 24, 2017, 12:48:45 am »

"They can get pretty odd, depending on where you go or what you're looking at.  I imagine they'll carry some unusual ones here."

The man gave a thoughtful hum, looking between the shops.  There had to be ONE of them around, somewhere.  But...

"...You know, I'd been meaning to ask.  You were a miller's daughter, weren't you?  Where did you learn first learn your music?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 24, 2017, 12:49:16 am »

Though they did eventually have to ask around in order to find it, Sam and Martyn eventually found a small shop off of the main street, with instruments and sheet music displayed within glass cases. There were also a few knick knacks. A very old man was dozing behind the counter.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 146