Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106465 times)

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1110 on: December 23, 2017, 02:38:08 am »

Liam examined one of the magic tomes, his mouth deepening into a grim expression despite his overall lighter mood.

"Wonder if they had any mages in that other group we were supposed to meet up with... before that inquisitor showed up."

"Wasn't what I was going to ask about first, but did Rhea ever say anything about what happens after death? Is that a thing you're taught?"

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 23, 2017, 03:15:43 am »

"Got a bit lucky there with the deal, I think.  Hopefully that holds for the next few days."

He picked out a date for himself, turning it over in his hand a few times before he set to eating it.  They really were quite good; just the right amount of ripeness and juiciness one could hope for.

"An old acquaintance of my father used to trade in wines made from these, as I recall.  I enjoyed the few times I was able to try it, before-"

Martyn paused, then gave a little shake of his head.

"Well, it wasn't bad, at any rate."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 23, 2017, 08:11:52 am »

Farra quickly finds a pop-up stand offering not only bandages and medicinal herbs, but also a small if well stocked selection of magical remedies.

Spoiler: Apothecary (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile, Martyn and Sam go looking for a shop specializing specifically in knives and daggers. Eventually they do find a man sitting up against one of the buildings at the edge of the bazaar, with a small collection of knives displayed on a mat before him. "Let me know if something catches your eye."

Spoiler: Stabs and Such (click to show/hide)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 23, 2017, 10:24:58 am »

"Death, you say? Well, part of our time in the priory was spent on contemplating these matters; the Goddess did not leave much in the way of writing in regards to her will, and perhaps she did not intend to leave so early. We believe that Rhea would provide for her departed children in some manner, perhaps that all those who depart live on beyond, a way of making up for the murder she could not prevent. An eternal paradise, if you will."
Bertholt remarks as he picks up a Heal staff, looking at it carefully.
"Of course, I would prefer that neither of us find out personally."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 23, 2017, 11:20:52 am »

"In that case, follow me."

Leading the way through the crowds, Sharne was quickly able to find a small building tucked away in the shade. Entering in, she gestured for Roux to go ahead and order.

Roux took a seat at the bar. The room was cool and dark, with small huddles of customers.

"'Ey. Barkeep. Two red fruit 'ammers," she said, holding up two fingers. While she was waiting for the drinks to be served, she turned to look at Sharne.
"We ain't never talked much, 'ave we? What's the story with yer an' Esther, then? 'Ow'd yer be 'er bodyguard?"
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 01:49:48 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 23, 2017, 01:48:14 pm »

The man behind the bar steps away into a backroom, and returns with a spherical jug, with mist trailing off of it in the warmth of the bar.  He pulls up a small pair of cups from beneath the counter, sets them side by side, and pours a deep red liquid into each. Once the cups are halfway filled, he carefully pushes them toward Roux.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 23, 2017, 03:57:29 pm »

"Of course, I would prefer that neither of us find out personally."

Liam chuckled halfheartedly.

"Might have chosen the wrong cause for that."

"A priory - what is that, exactly? Were you born into it, or did you choose it somehow?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 23, 2017, 04:08:54 pm »

"A priory is a small monastery. Are you familiar with monks?"

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 23, 2017, 04:18:04 pm »

"Not so much, but I'm assuming they study the religion. Is that what you would call yourself?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 23, 2017, 04:22:19 pm »

"Not so much, no. You see, I originally came into the service of the Goddess to help others; if I am to be honest, it is what I came to Izzarra to do. Pontification upon her nature and the nature of the world she created is just a hobby that keeps myself and my sisters in good mental form; if we let that eclipse our duties to others, we would be derelict of duty."

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 23, 2017, 05:20:33 pm »

"Makes sense, since I suppose you're the ones that carry out what she taught unless she returns."

And Liam briefly wondered whether Rhea's followers ever expected her to... but perhaps they knew no better than he did. It was probably right that doing was better than thinking in this case.

He went back to examining the merchandise, finding little interest in it but content to browse for the time being.

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 23, 2017, 05:52:52 pm »

Farra bought herself a small roll of bandages to keep her hands and fingers from getting too roughed up while drawing back a bow, before mentally noting the relative location of the shop and heading off to find some spears; everyone who used them in their group was new to Anecca, best let them enjoy the sights.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:00:27 pm by Aliemma »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 23, 2017, 06:10:01 pm »

Kaldach silently shadowed away from the rest at the entrance, part trying to find a decent patch of shade to escape the heat, and another part keeping an eye out to Look for a Sword smith.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 23, 2017, 09:42:00 pm »

"Mmm been a while since I've had one of these. Be careful, alright? These can knock a grown man out. As for Esther... Technically I'm guarding get and Kaldach. They both saved my life. I owe them a blood oath. I swore I wouldn't return home until I had repaid that debt. So now I need to try and make sure they don't get themselves killed which is a basically impossible task.
Especially when Esther insist on flirting every chance she gets."

She grabbed her cup and took a large sip, grimacing for a second and shaking her head.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 23, 2017, 10:05:33 pm »

In her search for a shop specializing in spears, Farra discovers a permanent stone stand with an interior covered in unadorned weapons.

Kaldach was able to find a swordsmith after poking around for a while.

Spoiler: Swordsmith (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 146