Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 146

Author Topic: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread  (Read 106473 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Liberation of Izzarra IC Thread
« Reply #1080 on: December 21, 2017, 10:53:21 pm »

"I... I'm afraid they were attacked by bandits. As far as we know there were no survivors... We made sure the bandits were dealt with, but that doesn't bring back the innocent lives lost."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: December 21, 2017, 11:04:20 pm »

The guard didn't respond for almost a full minute. "...All gone, huh. Thank you for bringing this to our attention." The guard straightened slightly, and exhaled. "If nothing else, they were avenged. Take pride in that." He weakly gestured toward the gate behind him into the city. "Well, unless you had other questions, I suppose you'd like to be getting into the city. We'll make sure to let people know what has happened."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: December 21, 2017, 11:09:39 pm »

"They were put to rest in the desert and avenged. It was the best that we could do for them. And thank you. It was good meeting you. I hope that your day is better than the news we brought."

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:34 pm »

Despite the situation from before, Farra did have a tinge of excitement from the prospect of stopping in Salamandra. Sure, the weight of those before her was heavy, but she kept positive about it. She turned to the guard, giving a nod of thanks.

"Thank you kindly. We did bury the victims best as we could; hopefully, their families will find some solace in that"

And with that, Farra walked past the guards and into the gates, taking in the somewhat familiar sights, sounds, and smells. She stepped aside once she was in, letting the others enter.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: December 21, 2017, 11:40:58 pm »

The group was led inside the walls and the level of noise immediately leapt up. Before them was the main street of Salamandra, an open stretch of dull brown stones arranged together into a simple road, flanked by tall buildings on either side and absolutely flooded with shoppers and merchants. The sheer number of people within the city walls was almost oppressive, and if one listened carefully, they could hear deals being struck around the bazaar. Through the throngs of people one could spot market stalls. A great number of them seemed to be temporary, impermanent affairs, though some were constructed of stone blocks. The merchandise on display varied from simple fruits and meats to exotic rugs, weapons and books as well. One vendor sat behind a display of handsome metal rings. Another sat surrounded by dress forms and various items of clothing. Another was grilling skewers of meat over hot coals.

Amazingly, the city was cooler than beyond the walls, true to Yarun's word. A gentle breeze flowed through the street, carrying the scents of spice and food, as well a gentle cooling of the sweat on the brow of travelers. Barely audible over the noise of the crowd, music could be heard, a rousing and energetic combination of flute and strings.

Gaterhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: December 21, 2017, 11:51:30 pm »

Liam looked around, a little surprised.

"Funny... I'd almost forgotten how a living city felt like. Wonder if they have a messenger service running here."

Of course, it was uncertain if they would risk passage to Chilcinne... not to mention the likely higher fees due to danger on the roads even if they did.

"Where do you suggest we go first? Split up, get our supplies, see the sights?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: December 21, 2017, 11:54:08 pm »

"I've never been a fan of big cities. But I hate deserts more. At least the sun is off my back here..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: December 22, 2017, 12:12:44 am »

"We should take our time and recuperate. This may well be the last friendly refuge we find for a while. We should plan our next movements, acquire supplies and rest a little."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: December 22, 2017, 05:19:01 am »

"I've already prepared a list of necessary provisions.  And I need to see a man about a new set of knives.  Hopefully, if Sala Junaid sympathizes with our situation, we might receive reimbursements or additional supplies.  But I'd rather be prepared with some basics to leave without, just in case. Now..."

The man produced a small list from somewhere within his cloak, examining it briefly.

"We should have enough gold for food and water, and we should probably reserve some for medical supplies.  I'd guess we can get around 1000 gold for that gem we found, and otherwise have 7683 available without accounting for medicine, though I haven't had a chance to update records to reflect that.  So there should be plenty available for everyone to get something they need or want.  With a little left over for rooms at an inn, and to discuss plans over coffee later, if we should want."

"For now, it's probably fine to split up into smaller groups.  Make personal shopping lists, relax, enjoy the town.  I know for many of us, it's been some time since we've had the chance for any of that."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:04 am »

: "I'll go with you!" Sam immediately volunteered. "It's been ages since I saw a real marketplace like this, and I can help carry the groceries. Maybe we can get something to eat that isn't hardtack and jerky, too."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: December 22, 2017, 10:40:44 am »

"I'm fine with that.  Someone was selling fresh dates on our way in, if you want to start there."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: December 22, 2017, 01:42:23 pm »

: "Never had a date before. Sure, let's start there and work our way down the street."

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: December 22, 2017, 02:10:15 pm »

"They're can be rather sweet.  But I think you'll enjoy it."

"So long as everyone has their pocket change, we should be fine.  We'll meet here again in a few hours.  Until then..."

He turned back to the others, giving them all a nod.  Then, assuming no one else decided to tag along, he started heading off into the market alongside Sam.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: December 22, 2017, 04:44:20 pm »

"I will be acquiring some healing supplies. If anyone would like to consult on a religious matter, though, you need but come and find me."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: December 22, 2017, 04:49:13 pm »

: "Sounds good to me. Have fun, everyone!"
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 05:12:49 pm by Sirus »

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 146